Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I recently purchased the Kindle Touch +3G.
The Kindle keyboard version doesn't have a touch screen - and I think I'm right in thinking that it has the older screen too.
The Kindle touch 3G only seems to be available in the US. It is not listed on the UK or ES site.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The Kindle touch 3G only seems to be available in the US. It is not listed on the UK or ES site.
Well I bought it from Amazon UK last week. Maybe they've run out of stock.
I see it's still listed at Clickshop and Tescos online among others.

Last edited by MikeJ; Aug 30th 2012 at 10:08 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:13 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised to see that it wasn't listed. It's got to be a better option than the huge keyboard version.

It's not on the French or German sites either.

Odd?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

A brand new Amazon Kindle device with a so-called 'Paperwhite' display

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/a...-display-leaks
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Does that mean you can buy it from the US site and get it shipped to Spain?
You used to be able to do this when it wasn't on the ES website. I was about to buy one from the US when they put them on the ES site at 189 euros which made it much more expensive and so put me off. Strange its not there now.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:52 am

That definitely looks worth waiting for.

I have never liked the grey display and usually read my books on my iPad - a much better experience - but expensive as just a book reader.

I see that this new model also has a backlight which is another big improvement.

The biggest advantage of E-Ink readers is they they can be read in bright sunlight whereas tablets can't. If that's not an issue it might be worth waiting to see what the new clutch of inexpensive 7" tablets from various manufacturers are like, including the Kindle Fire, when they all come out next month.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Just looked at the .COM site and its 'currently unavailable' on there too. Perhaps there have been problems with it or maybe they are just planning their pre christmas product launch of newer models.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Does that mean you can buy it from the US site and get it shipped to Spain?
You used to be able to do this when it wasn't on the ES website. I was about to buy one from the US when they put them on the ES site at 189 euros which made it much more expensive and so put me off. Strange its not there now.
If you look at the US site it knows you are not in the US and directs you to enter your country. When you enter Spain it tells you to buy from the Spanish site.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

If you look at the US site it knows you are not in the US and directs you to enter your country. When you enter Spain it tells you to buy from the Spanish site.
Depends how you do it. I just went into .com but didn't log into my account straight away. There is a drop down box at the top left to select country or region, the default is US. I looked for a kindle touch 3g and they only had used ones.

I then changed the region to europe, still no touch but a keyboard 3g so I selected that, put it in my basket and then logged in. It quite happily allowed me to select a spanish delivery destination. I had to remove it from the basket before I ended up buying it accidently.

I suspect the answer is that you can buy from .com when the item is not available on the es site. It might be worth keeping an eye on as the dollar prices are usually cheaper and you still get free shipping.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose

I then changed the region to europe, still no touch but a keyboard 3g so I selected that, put it in my basket and then logged in. It quite happily allowed me to select a spanish delivery destination. I had to remove it from the basket before I ended up buying it accidently. .
I just tried that and went right to the final checkout.

They add $20.98 for shipping and $72.49 as an Import Fees Deposit.

That total comes to $282
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I just tried that and went right to the final checkout.

They add $20.98 for shipping and $72.49 as an Import Fees Deposit.

That total comes to $282
OUCH well that's that idea out of the window then. Sorry Fred, I really thought that might have been the answer.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

ISTR that some one posted elsewhere that the German site was supposedly the cheapest for electronic goods.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

Sounds brilliant. Wonder what the price will be? Got my light but it makes the kindle quite heavy so a backlight will be a bonus.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 2:09 pm

If it is just a revamp of the whole line, rather than an additional model, the price will almost certainly be the same.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

B....r, looks like I've just bought the last Kindle Touch 3G before they are withdrawn and replaced! I bet the new one will have 4G as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.