Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Don't think it is a fire sale Fred, the spec of the basic model has been changed a bit. I think its lighter now and they are advertising 'faster page turning'. Its not available until Tuesday.
The paperwhite version is not going to be available outside the US. Not yet anyway. Its a shame because it would obviously be popular.
Can´t understand that!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Can we get back to the Kindle please - I don't think they need anti-virus programs!
It appears that my new tablet doesn't need AV software either - because its not "Rooted" - i.e. the O/S is protected by a default setting of not giving any supervisor level permissions. Hence nothing can get in and screw it.
And as I suspected, its functionality is mind-blowing for the price. The video is superb, the sound is crystal clear, great wi-fi reception, Skype with video excellent, inetrnet, e-mail, games, perfect e-book reader plus a host of other stuff.
But here's the thing ......... all the software, downloads, books etc. are free if you know where to look.
My wife is delighted that I talked her out of buying the Kindle.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Both Amazon UK and ES now have the new Kindle Paperwhite on sale. There is a wi-fi only and a 3g version.
If I'd known I'd have waited a couple of months but when Amazon said they were only launching the paperwhite in the US to start with I thought it would be a years wait like it was for the 'Fire'. Never mind I'm very happy with the Kindle Touch I bought In August and have used it almost every day.
The daily free book list from the UK Kindle users forum has been worth signing up for.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Never mind I'm very happy with the Kindle Touch I bought In August
Discontinued

Although the Kindle Touch hasn't been on sale for all that long in the UK, having arrived in April 2012, it seems there's no longer room on Amazon's virtual shelves

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/k...s-kindle-touch
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Discontinued

Although the Kindle Touch hasn't been on sale for all that long in the UK, having arrived in April 2012, it seems there's no longer room on Amazon's virtual shelves

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/k...s-kindle-touch
I think the Paperwhite is basically the Touch with an improved screen. Its on the ES website for the same price as I paid for my Touch back in August. No wonder they shipped it to me in 2 days!
Still as I said the Touch is very good. I wanted a 3G version but they'd sold out of that. I'm glad because the wi-fi is fine and I would never have needed the 3G.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

An E reader for £8

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/txt...174316464.html