Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Re: Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
I am going to have my say to the small minority of the people who have felt that they can be bitchy and nasty for someone who has not been as lucky as others.

Firstly as we all know this is a place people have the freedom to say what they want and that is good.

However when ppl are being cruel and hurtful because i failed (so they think)well to be honest it is not a case of failing. For the minority of ppl who have decided to be asses part of the reason for us coming home was Mr Naughty's grandad was in hospital and any caring normal person would of went home and we just got back in time time before he died.
Now if i was still in spain and it worked out, everyone would be patting me on the back and saying great.
But it didn't so that does not mean we failed or we were idiots for giving it a try.
We were there for only 5 weeks and we knew after them five weeks it was not going to be right for us then.

Basically what i am trying to say dont knock or be nasty for something we tried but did not work out.

This used to be a nice forum with caring people and there is still a lot of them, but there has also been a few on here who are damn right nasty, ignorant and malicious.
WELL PUT MISS NAUGHTY, I AGREE WITH YOU WHOLE HARTEDLY...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
You have to look at it this way,
You had the guts to try something that this time did not work out, it was not your fault as you thought it would work out, other things conspired against you and it proved not to be the right time for you.
You have learnt an invaluable lesson in life and no amount of beating yourself up can change that.
Look on the experience as a foundation, the way forward is to now build on that, little by little to restore your confidence...you will slowly get there...try some relaxation CDs in a quite room...then see if you can't sleep...
Hi,
Tried the cd's but sounded too much like water swirling around kept needing the toilet.
I am going to ask gp for some sleeping tabs just to help me sleep, i think it will help once we have jobs and our own home xxxxx
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
WELL PUT MISS NAUGHTY, I AGREE WITH YOU WHOLE HARTEDLY...
xxxxx
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get the spoken word ones that take you on a journey...not to the bathroom..try to avoid the chemicals..look at Matts suggestion..there are remedies in nature...failing that electric shock treatment allways does it for me..... :curse:
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

You need to get the spoken word ones that take you on a journey...not to the bathroom..try to avoid the chemicals..look at Matts suggestion..there are remedies in nature...failing that electric shock treatment allways does it for me..... :curse:
lol electric shock seems good to me
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:35 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

I am going to have my say to the small minority of the people who have felt that they can be bitchy and nasty for someone who has not been as lucky as others.

Firstly as we all know this is a place people have the freedom to say what they want and that is good.

However when ppl are being cruel and hurtful because i failed (so they think)well to be honest it is not a case of failing. For the minority of ppl who have decided to be asses part of the reason for us coming home was Mr Naughty's grandad was in hospital and any caring normal person would of went home and we just got back in time time before he died.
Now if i was still in spain and it worked out, everyone would be patting me on the back and saying great.
But it didn't so that does not mean we failed or we were idiots for giving it a try.
We were there for only 5 weeks and we knew after them five weeks it was not going to be right for us then.

Basically what i am trying to say dont knock or be nasty for something we tried but did not work out.

This used to be a nice forum with caring people and there is still a lot of them, but there has also been a few on here who are damn right nasty, ignorant and malicious.
Woo hooo You know I would never attempt to defend anyone here as I doubt if I have read all the posts and may have missed some that have riled you. I would say though that from a personal point of view I was absolutely dumbfounded when I realised you were back in England. I was seriously stunned as all of your posts building up to the move were just so positive it was just not possible that it never worked after five weeks. I think everyone and I mean everyone here were just as stunned. The enormity of it rightly or wrongly caused some to question if the legend that we know as Naughty was a spoof. Like the Hitler diarys or bigfoot, the fairies at the bottom of that blokes garden that were photographed in the 30s for instance. Naughty back in blighty was a probably a common topic in homes in the UK and Spain it was in ours anyway. We are planning to move over and you seemed miles ahead of us and your enthusiasm for the move was infectious at times. It just wasnt possible that it would not work out for you. You just oozed the mental strength and confidence to make it work that everyone assumed it was a given you would be sunning yourself on a terrace somewhere and posting here regular from Espania. I think you caught everyone on the hop but probably more importantly everyone sat up and realised that this is not a picnic. Its bloody difficult stuff this moving to Spain. In another thread "not doing a Naughty" is mentioned and for good reason. If naughty never made it must be tougher than tough! You are a diamond who tried and backed off (not failed) as circumstances went against you. As I have said elsewhere many a fool would have ploughed on blindly, you did not. You knew in your gut it did not feel right and you took the hardest decision Naughty. The easiest thing would have been to stay and muddle through and then finish up back in England divided possibly. You are back, as a family, and being an obvious battler will soon be up and running dont worry about that. You are an inspiration for trying and I for one think your great
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:30 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Well put Smarties

Hope you take heed of this Miss N Relax, think positive and give yourself a pat on the back for having an adventurous soul and for being such a good wife and mother that you knew what was best for your family and acted on your instincts. Life is a learning process, no matter what age we are, we are all still learning. You will know when (or even if) the time is right and with the knowledge you have gained you will be more prepared.

MnM - what a lovely poem, it says it all
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Miss Naughty just ignore them most people come on here for advice and chat not to insult people so they are in the minority. I think you are right about the trust thing it is probably easy to get carried away and see a fellow brit as a friend when they could be a conman/women. I suppose we will not do anything we wouldn't do here.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Woo hooo You know I would never attempt to defend anyone here as I doubt if I have read all the posts and may have missed some that have riled you. I would say though that from a personal point of view I was absolutely dumbfounded when I realised you were back in England. I was seriously stunned as all of your posts building up to the move were just so positive it was just not possible that it never worked after five weeks. I think everyone and I mean everyone here were just as stunned. The enormity of it rightly or wrongly caused some to question if the legend that we know as Naughty was a spoof. Like the Hitler diarys or bigfoot, the fairies at the bottom of that blokes garden that were photographed in the 30s for instance. Naughty back in blighty was a probably a common topic in homes in the UK and Spain it was in ours anyway. We are planning to move over and you seemed miles ahead of us and your enthusiasm for the move was infectious at times. It just wasnt possible that it would not work out for you. You just oozed the mental strength and confidence to make it work that everyone assumed it was a given you would be sunning yourself on a terrace somewhere and posting here regular from Espania. I think you caught everyone on the hop but probably more importantly everyone sat up and realised that this is not a picnic. Its bloody difficult stuff this moving to Spain. In another thread "not doing a Naughty" is mentioned and for good reason. If naughty never made it must be tougher than tough! You are a diamond who tried and backed off (not failed) as circumstances went against you. As I have said elsewhere many a fool would have ploughed on blindly, you did not. You knew in your gut it did not feel right and you took the hardest decision Naughty. The easiest thing would have been to stay and muddle through and then finish up back in England divided possibly. You are back, as a family, and being an obvious battler will soon be up and running dont worry about that. You are an inspiration for trying and I for one think your great
I'm filling up!!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:42 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice verse M&M,
you see under your hard crispy exterior you really are a melt in the mouth kinda person...ooohhh..I think I feel a meditation coming on...ommmm....ommm..
Oh shucks Bigbhudda, thanks *inserting big ole smile here*
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:48 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda

MnM - what a lovely poem, it says it all
Thanks Lionda

It was written by K. Kavafi in 1911 and it was part of my farewell speech when I left the company I was working for in Greece to embark on my life's journey

Spain is part of that journey, but not our ultimate destination.....just a pit stop. We are trying to enjoy it as much as possible (and as much as work permits )

Martha
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:53 pm
MnM

Hi,
Hubby is saying the same as you, i am beating myself up more than anyone, maybe it is because i feel a twat i have no home no job and no money now.
i feel very low at the mo.
Hubby says f*%K it but i feel a lot more deflated as i so wanted it to work, i do tend to worry a lot more than most about everything thats my downfall.
I could do with a whole night sleep as i am having trouble kipping maybe a good night sleep and things will seem so much better.
xxxxxxx
Miss Naughty,

All I can say is "been there, done that". I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's true. Sometimes my husband (Michael) and I think we had alot more fun when we had no money. At least we remember those days with fondness and have a good laugh. Eating vegetable stew for months......it was lovely

I am a natural worrier as well. I worry when I don't have anything to worry about because I feel like I'm forgetting something *lol*, but Michael is so very free spirited and easy going. He always says "go with the flow" and I just follow his lead. He's not steered me wrong yet
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Miss Naughty,

All I can say is "been there, done that". I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's true. Sometimes my husband (Michael) and I think we had alot more fun when we had no money. At least we remember those days with fondness and have a good laugh. Eating vegetable stew for months......it was lovely

I am a natural worrier as well. I worry when I don't have anything to worry about because I feel like I'm forgetting something *lol*, but Michael is so very free spirited and easy going. He always says "go with the flow" and I just follow his lead. He's not steered me wrong yet
In the 5 weeks in spain and having a difficult time we never argued since being back we have bickered a lot since. Mainly because the reason's we left are here and worse lol lol.
We will get through it and we will try again.

But Even 3 years of planning it only took us 5 weeks to come back lol.
PPl say well call it a long holiday i call it bankrupt lol lol.

Anyway car is at a compound in heathrow and will be here saturday, it has everything still in it i.e t.v camera, and copier, bedding and mary are lousy sat nav.

So once i get it back i will upload some fab pics of spain that we took.xxxxx
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Thanks Hun,
I have been a bit grumpy to my usual self on here and feel i have to defend myself, which to be honest i dont have to, but thats me.

I know 5 weeks is such a short time but in respect it felt like a life time.
for others if planned well will be a doddle, we had planned ours for 3 years but not well enough.

I just want to wish everyone well and happiness on them who are going and them already there.

I will try again in 2 years once the girls have finished school xxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:11 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I'm filling up!!!
Awe poop youve started me off now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.