Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

[email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:17 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have my say to the small minority of the people who have felt that they can be bitchy and nasty for someone who has not been as lucky as others.

Firstly as we all know this is a place people have the freedom to say what they want and that is good.

However when ppl are being cruel and hurtful because i failed (so they think)well to be honest it is not a case of failing. For the minority of ppl who have decided to be asses part of the reason for us coming home was Mr Naughty's grandad was in hospital and any caring normal person would of went home and we just got back in time time before he died.
Now if i was still in spain and it worked out, everyone would be patting me on the back and saying great.
But it didn't so that does not mean we failed or we were idiots for giving it a try.
We were there for only 5 weeks and we knew after them five weeks it was not going to be right for us then.

Basically what i am trying to say dont knock or be nasty for something we tried but did not work out.

This used to be a nice forum with caring people and there is still a lot of them, but there has also been a few on here who are damn right nasty, ignorant and malicious.
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:37 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 3,254
Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty View Post
I am going to have my say to the small minority of the people who have felt that they can be bitchy and nasty for someone who has not been as lucky as others.

Firstly as we all know this is a place people have the freedom to say what they want and that is good.

However when ppl are being cruel and hurtful because i failed (so they think)well to be honest it is not a case of failing. For the minority of ppl who have decided to be asses part of the reason for us coming home was Mr Naughty's grandad was in hospital and any caring normal person would of went home and we just got back in time time before he died.
Now if i was still in spain and it worked out, everyone would be patting me on the back and saying great.
But it didn't so that does not mean we failed or we were idiots for giving it a try.
We were there for only 5 weeks and we knew after them five weeks it was not going to be right for us then.

Basically what i am trying to say dont knock or be nasty for something we tried but did not work out.

This used to be a nice forum with caring people and there is still a lot of them, but there has also been a few on here who are damn right nasty, ignorant and malicious.
Theres a well known saying "Don let the bastards get you down". There are lots of people who try to start a new life in another country, and for a hell of a lot of them it doesnt work out. Sadly you were one of them, but at least you tried it. I am so sorry about Mr. N`s grandad and at least he made it back to say his goodbye to him. I know you have said you are going to try again in a couple of years, so now you have plenty of time to prepare and do some more research. I really do hope that next time it works out for you.

Take care and please dont beat yourself up about the arses on here, they are not worth it.

Sam
Pam Sarky is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:45 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sam parky View Post
Theres a well known saying "Don let the bastards get you down". There are lots of people who try to start a new life in another country, and for a hell of a lot of them it doesnt work out. Sadly you were one of them, but at least you tried it. I am so sorry about Mr. N`s grandad and at least he made it back to say his goodbye to him. I know you have said you are going to try again in a couple of years, so now you have plenty of time to prepare and do some more research. I really do hope that next time it works out for you.

Take care and please dont beat yourself up about the arses on here, they are not worth it.

Sam
Hi,
Cheers for that, I just cant get over how some love to get their kicks from people misfortune and i am not just talking of my own, i have been reading post's and finding that there are a lot of nastiness going on.

And i will probably receive a lot more after posting this post. But quite frankly no one can tell anyone how it will work out and what will happen to them.

People are classing me as a failure and did not give it long enough but you know as a family whats the best thing to do, and we decided for that very reason to come home.
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:56 am
  #4  
Ex Expat
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: West Midlands, ex Granada province
Posts: 2,140
scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty View Post
Hi,
Cheers for that, I just cant get over how some love to get their kicks from people misfortune and i am not just talking of my own, i have been reading post's and finding that there are a lot of nastiness going on.

And i will probably receive a lot more after posting this post. But quite frankly no one can tell anyone how it will work out and what will happen to them.

People are classing me as a failure and did not give it long enough but you know as a family whats the best thing to do, and we decided for that very reason to come home.
I don't know your story, but what the heck has where you live got to do with anyone else??

You do NOT have to apologise or justify yourself in any way.

Take no notice of those who think you should.

Good luck whatever you do.
scampicat is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:56 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
spain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Kent - Gandia - Kent
Posts: 1,998
spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont take any notice of what people say - you have come and tried it and it wasnt for you - hats off to you as a lot of people will never make that move however much they would like to

BUT

to be honest I cant see how after just 5 weeks you felt that Spain wasnt for you - of course I dont know your full circumstances and Im not criticising you at all

just from my own experiences (which I wont go into) after probably about the same time we were having major "issues" and could of quite easily gone back but we rode the waves (albeit TIDAL waves ) and he we are 4 years later and still not 100% sure about our lives here but then is anyone ever 100% happy or content with their lives

out of the people we know who have returned to England most were here for between 1-2 years after deciding life in Spain wasnt for them. Im my opinion it takes this amount of time to settle and adjust to your new life

anyway

have a nice day all
spain is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:05 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by spain View Post
dont take any notice of what people say - you have come and tried it and it wasnt for you - hats off to you as a lot of people will never make that move however much they would like to

BUT

to be honest I cant see how after just 5 weeks you felt that Spain wasnt for you - of course I dont know your full circumstances and Im not criticising you at all

just from my own experiences (which I wont go into) after probably about the same time we were having major "issues" and could of quite easily gone back but we rode the waves (albeit TIDAL waves ) and he we are 4 years later and still not 100% sure about our lives here but then is anyone ever 100% happy or content with their lives

out of the people we know who have returned to England most were here for between 1-2 years after deciding life in Spain wasnt for them. Im my opinion it takes this amount of time to settle and adjust to your new life

anyway

have a nice day all
Hi,
There was lots and lots of problems house wise, trust issues etc etc i would end up writing a 50 chapter book about the 5 weeks lol so much too go in to.
The final crunch came to when we phoned back home and was told Mr Naughtys grandad was rushed in to hospital, we went for brekky and decided to go home, which as most know it was the right thing to do.
I would of chosen to do most things different especially regarding FRIENDS i trusted however we have learnt a massive lesson, we are now suffering from just 5 weeks in spain.
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:29 am
  #7  
Popping in for a chat
 
Lionda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Back home
Posts: 4,573
Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Miss Naughty

Whatever you do is your business and no-one elses so don't let anyone get to you You did what you thought was right for your family by giving it a go, it didn't work out as you had hoped - so what you tried Lifes a gamble, no-one knows what is around the corner - if we did we would all be leading different lives

Good Luck to you and your family, please keep posting on this forum and stay in touch.
Lionda is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:36 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
spain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Kent - Gandia - Kent
Posts: 1,998
spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty View Post
Hi,
There was lots and lots of problems house wise, trust issues etc etc i would end up writing a 50 chapter book about the 5 weeks lol so much too go in to.
The final crunch came to when we phoned back home and was told Mr Naughtys grandad was rushed in to hospital, we went for brekky and decided to go home, which as most know it was the right thing to do.
I would of chosen to do most things different especially regarding FRIENDS i trusted however we have learnt a massive lesson, we are now suffering from just 5 weeks in spain.
I assume that was so called "friends" in Spain ?? isnt it funny (well I think so) how two faced people are over here - me and OH have come to the conclusion that its US - perhaps we except to much from people

I wish you well Miss Naughty and hopefully you will be back in Spain again once the time is right
spain is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:02 am
  #9  
Popping in for a chat
 
Lionda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Back home
Posts: 4,573
Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by spain View Post
I assume that was so called "friends" in Spain ?? isnt it funny (well I think so) how two faced people are over here - me and OH have come to the conclusion that its US - perhaps we except to much from people

I wish you well Miss Naughty and hopefully you will be back in Spain again once the time is right

Sad isn't it - I have learned through bitter experience not to trust too completely. I have been badly let down by so called 'friends' in the past - but I bounced back, and you will too Miss N

There is an old song (you are probably too young to remember) relevant here....

"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again"
Lionda is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:10 am
  #10  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Miss Naughty,

I've been reading about your journey here on the forum and it seems to me from your last post that you are beating yourself up more than anyone else on here could.

Regarding those that post negative/nasty remarks, why take it to heart? I find that it's best to ignore such comments instead of trying to explain/justify yourself.

Try to enjoy your life's journey with your family, where ever it may take you. It is the journey that is important, not the destination.

Constantine P. Cavafy
Ithaca (1911)

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
pray that the road is long,
full of adventure, full of knowledge.
The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
the angry Poseidon -- do not fear them:
You will never find such as these on your path,
if your thoughts remain lofty, if a fine
emotion touches your spirit and your body.
The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
the fierce Poseidon you will never encounter,
if you do not carry them within your soul,
if your soul does not set them up before you.
Pray that the road is long.
That the summer mornings are many, when,
with such pleasure, with such joy
you will enter ports seen for the first time;
stop at Phoenician markets,
and purchase fine merchandise,
mother-of-pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
and sensual perfumes of all kinds,
as many sensual perfumes as you can;
visit many Egyptian cities,
to learn and learn from scholars.
Always keep Ithaca in your mind.
To arrive there is your ultimate goal.
But do not hurry the voyage at all.
It is better to let it last for many years;
and to anchor at the island when you are old,
rich with all you have gained on the way,
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches.
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage.
Without her you would have never set out on the road.
She has nothing more to give you.
And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not deceived you.
Wise as you have become, with so much experience,
you must already have understood what Ithacas mean.
MnM is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:10 am
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Bigbhudda69's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: If only I knew
Posts: 1,272
Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[F]Whaaaaaaaaaat !!!
Tell me who they are and I will get a couple of my nurses to pay them a visit...it's enema day today...I could share it with them....:curse: :curse: :curse: ..
There are pratts all over the world..us decent folk have to just ignore their self righteous pompous anal comments, you have one life..allegedly, you lead it the best way YOU can, what is right for you will come around...keep the faith...
[/FONT]
Bigbhudda69 is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:12 am
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69 View Post
[F]Whaaaaaaaaaat !!!
Tell me who they are and I will get a couple of my nurses to pay them a visit...it's enema day today...I could share it with them....:curse: :curse: :curse: ..
There are pratts all over the world..us decent folk have to just ignore their self righteous pompous anal comments, you have one life..allegedly, you lead it the best way YOU can, what is right for you will come around...keep the faith...
[/FONT]
lol
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:16 am
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
 
Bigbhudda69's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: If only I knew
Posts: 1,272
Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a nice verse M&M,
you see under your hard crispy exterior you really are a melt in the mouth kinda person...ooohhh..I think I feel a meditation coming on...ommmm....ommm..
Bigbhudda69 is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:17 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by MnM View Post
Hi Miss Naughty,

I've been reading about your journey here on the forum and it seems to me from your last post that you are beating yourself up more than anyone else on here could.

Regarding those that post negative/nasty remarks, why take it to heart? I find that it's best to ignore such comments instead of trying to explain/justify yourself.

Try to enjoy your life's journey with your family, where ever it may take you. It is the journey that is important, not the destination.

Constantine P. Cavafy
Ithaca (1911)

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
pray that the road is long,
full of adventure, full of knowledge.
The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
the angry Poseidon -- do not fear them:
You will never find such as these on your path,
if your thoughts remain lofty, if a fine
emotion touches your spirit and your body.
The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
the fierce Poseidon you will never encounter,
if you do not carry them within your soul,
if your soul does not set them up before you.
Pray that the road is long.
That the summer mornings are many, when,
with such pleasure, with such joy
you will enter ports seen for the first time;
stop at Phoenician markets,
and purchase fine merchandise,
mother-of-pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
and sensual perfumes of all kinds,
as many sensual perfumes as you can;
visit many Egyptian cities,
to learn and learn from scholars.
Always keep Ithaca in your mind.
To arrive there is your ultimate goal.
But do not hurry the voyage at all.
It is better to let it last for many years;
and to anchor at the island when you are old,
rich with all you have gained on the way,
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches.
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage.
Without her you would have never set out on the road.
She has nothing more to give you.
And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not deceived you.
Wise as you have become, with so much experience,
you must already have understood what Ithacas mean.
Hi,
Hubby is saying the same as you, i am beating myself up more than anyone, maybe it is because i feel a twat i have no home no job and no money now.
i feel very low at the mo.
Hubby says f*%K it but i feel a lot more deflated as i so wanted it to work, i do tend to worry a lot more than most about everything thats my downfall.
I could do with a whole night sleep as i am having trouble kipping maybe a good night sleep and things will seem so much better.
xxxxxxx
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:32 am
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
Bigbhudda69's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: If only I knew
Posts: 1,272
Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to look at it this way,
You had the guts to try something that this time did not work out, it was not your fault as you thought it would work out, other things conspired against you and it proved not to be the right time for you.
You have learnt an invaluable lesson in life and no amount of beating yourself up can change that.
Look on the experience as a foundation, the way forward is to now build on that, little by little to restore your confidence...you will slowly get there...try some relaxation CDs in a quite room...then see if you can't sleep...
Bigbhudda69 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.