Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

[email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:02 am
  #136  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,543
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
Gosh, this is why I am scared to answer on this forum. I am hoping to move over to Spain this year, house sale permitting, done my research, as far as I can. I am going to give myself 2 years no matter what (hopefully) even if the homesickness is really bad (leaving son, daughter, grandaughter and me mom) but who can tell ? At least people on here have given it a go, if it doesn't work out at least they tried.
Hi

I agree it can be quite daunting answering anything on the forum because you do not know whether you will stir up a hornets nest.

Just remember that there is a wealth of useful information and helpful people on here that will help you to settle into Spain. Their input will provide you with their experiences whether that is their mistakes or their positive experiences.

Ignore the posters who appear to be out to outdo each other with gibes as they obviously have a hidden agenda. My husband told me that he used to view a similar site a couple of years ago that continually had argumentative threads and he and many other people stopped using it because of that aspect.

You mentioned the people that you will be leaving behind but not whether you are going it alone or with others or whether you will need to work out here. This all has an effect on your experience of the country as you will have noticed from the postings. Homesickness can be a difficulty whether you move countries or indeed move counties in the UK, this can often be overcome by familiar links such as talking to others in your first language or talking about subjects dear to your heart. Your family will possibly spend a lot of time with you in Spain and this will also help with the homesickness.

Also remember that you can PM anyone on the forum if they appear to have similar interests or views to you.

Good Luck and do not let others get you down as they are not worth it.

Regards

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:16 am
  #137  
ex-squaddie
 
derbyflan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Aylesbury, UK
Posts: 4,605
derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck with your move. Don't be deterred by what some of you see here. Most people on this site just want to help you. If you have a question - just ask (though don't ask me because I'm miles behind everyone else ).

Take some things you hear with a small pinch of salt. I find that the more established posters who have actually bought property in Spain are the one's who to listen to.
derbyflan is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:25 am
  #138  
BE Enthusiast
 
mrsjdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo Spain
Posts: 991
mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
Gosh, this is why I am scared to answer on this forum. I am hoping to move over to Spain this year, house sale permitting, done my research, as far as I can. I am going to give myself 2 years no matter what (hopefully) even if the homesickness is really bad (leaving son, daughter, grandaughter and me mom) but who can tell ? At least people on here have given it a go, if it doesn't work out at least they tried.
As others have said, ignore the negative and argumentative comments from certain people, you can find a wealth of information on this site, and there are lots of us who are on here to help each other, good luck
mrsjdr is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:43 am
  #139  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Granada
Posts: 191
Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mrsjdr View Post
As others have said, ignore the negative and argumentative comments from certain people, you can find a wealth of information on this site, and there are lots of us who are on here to help each other, good luck
Thanks mrsjdr. I thought I was the only one afraid to answer on the forum, but it seems I'm one of many. It's a shame, because the majority of people here are great, and just want to help each other.
Kyla is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:11 am
  #140  
Concierge
 
mikelincs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: ex ex-pat, in Taunton
Posts: 25,837
mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kyla-01 View Post
Thanks mrsjdr. I thought I was the only one afraid to answer on the forum, but it seems I'm one of many. It's a shame, because the majority of people here are great, and just want to help each other.
The point is that most of us have been through anything you are going through, or they are going through it with you, and yes we do have a laugh at times, but usually in threads dedicated to just that, unfortunaetly this is a forum where anyone can post (almost) what they want, subject to the moderators, who are very lenient at times, and all posts go on, and are only moderated in retrospect, so some nasty comments will always be there, at least for a short time. The vast majority on here just want to spread what they have found out, perhaps only after being here a while, to those who are looking for information., help in your new venture, whether it be owning a holiday home, or coming out here permanently.
mikelincs is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:37 am
  #141  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,460
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kyla-01 View Post
Thanks mrsjdr. I thought I was the only one afraid to answer on the forum, but it seems I'm one of many. It's a shame, because the majority of people here are great, and just want to help each other.

Don't feel afraid to post ....... just ignore thiose you don't want to get involved with. Remember that many of us have arrived here and have gone through the trials and tribulations of Spanish beaurocracy and can often offer good practical advice from our experiences. With other matters though its just a matter of our opinion, and those can vary tremendously
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:23 pm
  #142  
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,359
crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
Gosh, this is why I am scared to answer on this forum. I am hoping to move over to Spain this year, house sale permitting, done my research, as far as I can. I am going to give myself 2 years no matter what (hopefully) even if the homesickness is really bad (leaving son, daughter, grandaughter and me mom) but who can tell ? At least people on here have given it a go, if it doesn't work out at least they tried.


Hello Kaylee

Just think of us as being one big happy family, all families have there ups and downs but we pick our selves up and dust our selves down and we start all over again.

Where are you thinking of re locating to, I live in Chiclana which can be found in the Costa de la Luz area, I have been here permanently for 18 months now and I have some really bad times were I miss the kids and grandkids, I have even been known to miss work and my works pals but on these days I go down to the beach and sit with a sherry and watch the world go by and then I know that this is the life for me. I usually see most of the family a couple of times a year and I love writing letter to the grandkids telling them all about what Grandad and I have been doing. The first thing they ask me when I talk to them is "have you been in the pool, how hot is it there". I won't say the longer I am here the easier it is because at the moment it's not but life is good and everyone has quality time together when they are here.

I wish you well in your search, keep us informed and ask away as there are plenty of people here that will help you.

regards
crispy
crispy is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:37 pm
  #143  
BE Forum Addict
 
brisca's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Extremadura
Posts: 1,742
brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by crispygirl View Post
Hello Kaylee

Just think of us as being one big happy family, all families have there ups and downs but we pick our selves up and dust our selves down and we start all over again.

Where are you thinking of re locating to, I live in Chiclana which can be found in the Costa de la Luz area, I have been here permanently for 18 months now and I have some really bad times were I miss the kids and grandkids, I have even been known to miss work and my works pals but on these days I go down to the beach and sit with a sherry and watch the world go by and then I know that this is the life for me. I usually see most of the family a couple of times a year and I love writing letter to the grandkids telling them all about what Grandad and I have been doing. The first thing they ask me when I talk to them is "have you been in the pool, how hot is it there". I won't say the longer I am here the easier it is because at the moment it's not but life is good and everyone has quality time together when they are here.

I wish you well in your search, keep us informed and ask away as there are plenty of people here that will help you.

regards
crispy

There you go, kaylee
Crispy is far more typical of the type of helpful, kind and considerate people who post on here - rather than the odd arrogant, egotistic, argumentative idiot(s) who seem to get a kick out of trying to wind others up!
Listen to "Auntie Crispy", because she's a genuinely lovely person - and there are many more besides.
It can be very intimidating to post on here initially; but please believe all the previous supportive replies you've received, because they are ALL good people.


Carry on posting!

Best wishes,
Sam.
brisca is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:40 pm
  #144  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love to all xxx
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:52 pm
  #145  
Livin' in Spain at last!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: La Hortichuela Almeria
Posts: 862
chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by brisca View Post
There you go, kaylee
Crispy is far more typical of the type of helpful, kind and considerate people who post on here - rather than the odd arrogant, egotistic, argumentative idiot(s) who seem to get a kick out of trying to wind others up!
Listen to "Auntie Crispy", because she's a genuinely lovely person - and there are many more besides.
It can be very intimidating to post on here initially; but please believe all the previous supportive replies you've received, because they are ALL good people.


Carry on posting!

Best wishes,
Sam.
Hi Missnaughty!
I totally agree with Sam. Constructive critisism is one thing, but the "downers" have offered has been only bitterness! And that is not your problem babe, that's their's!
chrisw is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:54 pm
  #146  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
Hi Missnaughty!
I totally agree with Sam. Constructive critisism is one thing, but the "downers" have offered has been only bitterness! And that is not your problem babe, that's their's!
too true xxxx
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:58 pm
  #147  
Popping in for a chat
 
Lionda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Back home
Posts: 4,573
Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty View Post
love to all xxx

Oh Miss N - I see your location is now 'lost' hope that isn't for long and that you are soon settled and happy again. Sparkle has been through something similar and she has bounced back - you will too. My love and lots of positive thoughts go out to you, you are a lovely person and you have friends on here who care about you. Chin up
Lionda is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:04 pm
  #148  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Miss Naughty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: lincoln
Posts: 1,871
Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lionda View Post
Oh Miss N - I see your location is now 'lost' hope that isn't for long and that you are soon settled and happy again. Sparkle has been through something similar and she has bounced back - you will too. My love and lots of positive thoughts go out to you, you are a lovely person and you have friends on here who care about you. Chin up
Thank you Lionda xxxxx
Miss Naughty is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:27 pm
  #149  
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,359
crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by brisca View Post
There you go, kaylee
Crispy is far more typical of the type of helpful, kind and considerate people who post on here - rather than the odd arrogant, egotistic, argumentative idiot(s) who seem to get a kick out of trying to wind others up!
Listen to "Auntie Crispy", because she's a genuinely lovely person - and there are many more besides.
It can be very intimidating to post on here initially; but please believe all the previous supportive replies you've received, because they are ALL good people.
Carry on posting!
Best wishes,
Sam.

Oh, thank you brisca such kind words, I have age and experience (good and bad) on my side, and I always try to see both sides but often it can be so difficult to do this.
crispy is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
  #150  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [email protected]&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kyla-01 View Post
Thanks mrsjdr. I thought I was the only one afraid to answer on the forum, but it seems I'm one of many. It's a shame, because the majority of people here are great, and just want to help each other.
If you have a problem with anyones posts, just go into my profile, at the bottom LHS is "Buddy / Ignore Lists"
Put there name in the ignore list and click save list. their posts will not show on your page then.

If you find a post offensive click on the exclamation mark next to the Karma button and an email will be sent to Admin and the moderators and they will check it out for you.
Don`t take anything to heart though, some people have different senses of humour.
Attached Thumbnails Bo@&*$ks to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-ignore.jpg  
jdr is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.