Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Benidorm returns

Benidorm returns

Old Feb 13th 2011, 5:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Benidorm returns

Benidorm is coming back to the small screen in a couple of weeks, think the last series was 2 years ago, but it's on it's way back.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:04 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benidorm returns

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Benidorm is coming back to the small screen in a couple of weeks, think the last series was 2 years ago, but it's on it's way back.
Excellent. I am so looking forward to it. Looks like quite a few of the old faces have gone, but hopefully it can survive it.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I do hope Madge is still in it, I love her!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:24 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the special Xmas edition with a few characters missing, and was quite disappointed, mainly with the script.
I really enjoyed the first two series, but got the impression that the next may not be quite so good.
Apparently there is to be more emphasis on saucy sex and swingers, which may well be alright in itself, providing it's well written, and not just trashy for the sake of being trashy.
No doubt we shall see soon enough.

Wonder if anyone saw Johnny Vegas, doing stand-up on stage at Benidorm Palace.
Even more disappointing after his great performances in Beni.
Without going into detail I thought he was the absolute pits.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:08 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I saw the special Xmas edition with a few characters missing, and was quite disappointed, mainly with the script.
I really enjoyed the first two series, but got the impression that the next may not be quite so good.
Apparently there is to be more emphasis on saucy sex and swingers, which may well be alright in itself, providing it's well written, and not just trashy for the sake of being trashy.
No doubt we shall see soon enough.

Wonder if anyone saw Johnny Vegas, doing stand-up on stage at Benidorm Palace.
Even more disappointing after his great performances in Beni.
Without going into detail I thought he was the absolute pits.
Spot on. Vegas in standup was shite. Rubbish, and worse than that, totally unfunny, which is the single greatest crime that a comedian can commit.

The special was a bit weak, but it was a useful way of writing out several cast members.

The Geordie trannie was inspired. The scene in the restaurant where he has a blind date with Johnny Vegas's character was simply superb.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:43 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think that programme is pure shite!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:57 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I think that programme is pure shite!
Really? Just because it portrays horrible people in a tacky resort?

The characters are beautifully observed, the dialogue is brilliant. There is real wit and laugh out loud moments together with cringing moments.

The trannie blind date is a classic example. At each point you think the ending is obvious, but it turns on you like a cobra. Funny, horrific, tragic, and a conclusion that is happy without pathos or sentimentality.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:41 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Will have to watch it again and get back to you Have to admit I watched 10 mins at the most.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:58 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Spot on. Vegas in standup was shite. Rubbish, and worse than that, totally unfunny, which is the single greatest crime that a comedian can commit.

The special was a bit weak, but it was a useful way of writing out several cast members.

The Geordie trannie was inspired. The scene in the restaurant where he has a blind date with Johnny Vegas's character was simply superb.
Especially the last bit where he went home with the waiter.

Right enough what you said about the unexpected twists and turns.
Hopefully the same guy is still writing the scripts.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:37 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Will have to watch it again and get back to you Have to admit I watched 10 mins at the most.
Not every minute of everything is briliant. I have to admit that I will be watching the new series with trepidation in case it has gone downhill.

I note that it appears as tho the gay partnership seems to have broken up (I hope to god I'm wrong) which could be a tragedy. Not only were they rather endearing, their waspish humour and repartee was a joy.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:40 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Especially the last bit where he went home with the waiter.

Right enough what you said about the unexpected twists and turns.
Hopefully the same guy is still writing the scripts.
Yeah, it was good, wasn't it. You knew from the start that the date was going to end badly, you knew he was going to get dumped. Then you thought it was going to be tragic, then there was the fear it would end on a saccharine note. The brilliance was tho that it ended without either, but was a moderately happy, and funny ending.

He gets my vote for the least likely trannie outside of Jerry Springer.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah, it was good, wasn't it. You knew from the start that the date was going to end badly, you knew he was going to get dumped. Then you thought it was going to be tragic, then there was the fear it would end on a saccharine note. The brilliance was tho that it ended without either, but was a moderately happy, and funny ending.

He gets my vote for the least likely trannie outside of Jerry Springer.
Vegas is not in this one, but the geordie trannie is, and his real life wife, Denise Welch is a new character as a female gangster.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:45 pm
bil
Banned

Vegas is not in this one, but the geordie trannie is, and his real life wife, Denise Welch is a new character as a female gangster.
They explained Vegas and the Garvey's daughter going in the 'special' as they are apparantly living together which is quite sweet.

I must admit I'm looking forward to it.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:13 pm
Concierge

ITV are currently reshowing the last series, already seen it, but am watching again, it's still very funny.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:59 am
bil
Banned

ITV are currently reshowing the last series, already seen it, but am watching again, it's still very funny.
Yeah, I must admit, even on repeats it is laugh out loud stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.