Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

A selection of golf1 shots.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0958.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0846.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0858.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0957.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0959.jpg  

Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Progress on the Hotel taken from each side. Examples in picture 3 of near completed villas on edge of golf 1 opposite Andelusian Village.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0861.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0951.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0868.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

These pics no's 1, 2 & 3 were taken from the new clubhouse terrace. Picture no 4 driving range now with distance markers.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0865.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0864.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0866.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0947.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:48 am
Just Joined

David and Kathy is an unknown quantity at this point

To all Golfers. Over my last few visits I have spoken to several golfers who like me, are on their own and looking for a game. So I have spoken with Chris the professional at the CE Golf Club and suggested that he organises a "roll up" on a Monday and Friday at approx 9.00a.m. for us "lone golfers". He agreed, as he had noticed that there were quite a few golfers playing on their own. If any of you think this is a good idea, perhaps you would chase Chris up when you are out there and he can then get it going. (I am out again from the 26th June to the 3rd July and looking for a game! a PM would be gratefully received). Thanks. Dave
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Mike,

Views on The Freddalo's greatest behaviour mentor's elevation today?

Jonathan
I assume you are referring to Beefy's "K" in the honours list. Long overdue in my opinion given his services not just to God's chosen game but also his magnificent charity work.

Will Shredded Wheat now come "By Appointment".

Mike
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:17 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Graham
Great selection of photos - thanks!
Sharon
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:46 am
Just Joined

kerry and paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Graham G
We are back in England and are now joining the blog as we said, hope you enjoyed your hols. Kerry and Paul from outside the passage in ayamonte.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Superb pics as ever, Graham. I notice that Golf 1 seems completely deserted. When did you take your photos? I was out earlier this week on a flying visit (pre-completion inspection on our Rago 1 Bloque 1 apartment) and had time to slot in my first round ever of the course. Totally empty at 5 pm on Tuesday, apart from v active greenkeepers (too active on 7th green - stood waiting to play to it for 5 min & eventually gave up as realised they weren't going to move). Temporary clubhouse like Marie Celeste as well.

Still, not complaining about "millionaire's golf" - instead of the 5 hr round that some posts had led me to expect, I got round in 2 hrs 40 min. And what a course! I can't recall playing on such fine-grassed turf in Spain or Portugal before; I thought the fairways were like a good UK links course (apart from the scrappy areas between greens and tees). Must be all that sand they put down. The wind on the first 7 holes made it a true links-type test of golf (the 2nd into the wind is a seriously tough par 4 - as good as anything Harlech can throw at you). And the greens ...... what a treat for your ball to go where you have aimed it.

Also, so far as I know, no UK course can offer the sight - and sound - of storks, egrets, black winged stilts and hoopoes.

Oh, and the apartment was pretty damn good too. (Many thanks again Benny for your expert input). Very clean and not a lot wrong. Fadesa have clearly learnt from their experience of Phase 1 that, amazingly enough, it does actually pay to build things properly.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham G
Progress on the Hotel taken from each side. Examples in picture 3 of near completed villas on edge of golf 1 opposite Andelusian Village.
Sorry, but have to say that "villa" in pic three is the worst villa I have ever seen, its horrendous.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Sorry, but have to say that "villa" in pic three is the worst villa I have ever seen, its horrendous.

Got to agree I'm afraid. It looks more like a mosque than a villa.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I don't know about that - it has some hot competition, as a fairly random search of Andalucian estate agents' sites reveals. How about this beauty in Benalmadena (NB this is the estate agents photo so presumably this is the best side!)
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-imagebroker.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A & M
I don't know about that - it has some hot competition, as a fairly random search of Andalucian estate agents' sites reveals. How about this beauty in Benalmadena (NB this is the estate agents photo so presumably this is the best side!)
LOL, you must of struggled to find that.... most are white and Spanish like this one.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-benal.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
LOL, you must of struggled to find that.... most are white and Spanish like this one.
Actually, it was one of the first I saw on my quick search! but I do accept that yours is more representative. Still, it proves that bad taste can strike anywhere.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by A & M
Superb pics as ever, Graham. I notice that Golf 1 seems completely deserted. When did you take your photos? I was out earlier this week on a flying visit (pre-completion inspection on our Rago 1 Bloque 1 apartment) and had time to slot in my first round ever of the course. Totally empty at 5 pm on Tuesday, apart from v active greenkeepers (too active on 7th green - stood waiting to play to it for 5 min & eventually gave up as realised they weren't going to move). Temporary clubhouse like Marie Celeste as well.

Still, not complaining about "millionaire's golf" - instead of the 5 hr round that some posts had led me to expect, I got round in 2 hrs 40 min. And what a course! I can't recall playing on such fine-grassed turf in Spain or Portugal before; I thought the fairways were like a good UK links course (apart from the scrappy areas between greens and tees). Must be all that sand they put down. The wind on the first 7 holes made it a true links-type test of golf (the 2nd into the wind is a seriously tough par 4 - as good as anything Harlech can throw at you). And the greens ...... what a treat for your ball to go where you have aimed it.

Also, so far as I know, no UK course can offer the sight - and sound - of storks, egrets, black winged stilts and hoopoes.

Oh, and the apartment was pretty damn good too. (Many thanks again Benny for your expert input). Very clean and not a lot wrong. Fadesa have clearly learnt from their experience of Phase 1 that, amazingly enough, it does actually pay to build things properly.
Hi Adrian & Miranda. Sounds from your posting that you are now almost in. Pictures taken earlier this week. I went round Castro Marim golf and in places it was a sorry sight with dry grass areas. Seems they are not as generous with the sprinklers (not the Spanish workers relieving themselves type) as they generously do on CE. Try this next pic for spraying!!

regards to you both.............Graham & Sandra.

Last edited by Graham G; Jun 16th 2007 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

This is it.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscf0883.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.