Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Chris,
(However, I think it is motorway from Lisbon to Faro? Not sure...)

Hippo sized pig! Must have been one of the prized Jabugo black pigs?
Any photos, please?
Regards,
Carol
Bom dia Carol,

The N121 from Beja links with the A2 to Lisbon south of Setubal. I was using my satnav so cheating a bit.

The only pic I have of the pig is on my mobile and because Sony ignore a large portion of the computing community and neglect to develop any connection software for a mac I can't download it I'm afraid.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola! Fortaleza,
Many thanks. Yes, there is a map on the website. I noticed mention of this website on our journey into Portugal's Alentejo region (via the tourist information leaflets, which are excellent BTW.)
Without getting confusing (easily done!), do you know, please, what are the differences between mancomunidades and cooperativas? Councils as opposed to businesses?Thanks,
Carol
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ragomuffin;4895439]Bom dia Carol,

The N121 from Beja links with the A2 to Lisbon south of Setubal. I was using my satnav so cheating a bit.
QUOTE]

Obrigada, Chris!

The OH was thinking of driving south from Lisbon; he thought it would be another option to the Madrid - CE route that we previously have taken. Alas! The flights to Lisbon, I believe, are fewer from our neck of the woods, but I'll investigate!
Was the road from Beja to Mertola easy going?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Que lastima, about the pig. Another "one that got away" story? Only kidding!

Last edited by Carol&John; Jun 9th 2007 at 9:02 pm. Reason: add p.s.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:09 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Hola! Fortaleza,
Many thanks. Yes, there is a map on the website. I noticed mention of this website on our journey into Portugal's Alentejo region (via the tourist information leaflets, which are excellent BTW.)
Without getting confusing (easily done!), do you know, please, what are the differences between mancomunidades and cooperativas? Councils as opposed to businesses?Thanks,
Carol

It's Sunday morning FFS!!!! My brain doesn't function until at least midweek!!!

Cooperativas are basically the same as you'd know in the UK - ie businesses owned and run by its members with profits divvied out. In the council sense, can't say I've heard it being used in that context but a quick look around and it seems, much like a consorcio (consortium), a cooperativa looks like a coming together of councils on a specific project, for example the building of a road that involves several councils (not a great example as the Junta would have tthe authoirty but cooperation with the councils would be needed)

A mancomunidad is a continual partnership and in the case of Beturia I would imagine it is because they feel they have a bigger voice with several councils working as one than if they did it individually. In the case of Islantilla, because it doesn't necessarily warrant its own council and covers land that belongs to two municipios, so theb running of it is shared. I'm not sure exactly, but I believe they alternate between Lepe and Isla Cristina every two years as to who has the final say on issues. Bit like the EU presidency I suppose.

Going to lie down now
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
...Going to lie down now
Eh? Oye, Guapo! It is Sunday, and I did say "without being confusing", so why do I merit the FFS? A smilie after it would have been appreciated!Yes, you'd better lie down, before I whip your culo!
Here, something else for your brain to ponder:
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/108927_ESN_HTML.htm
Thank you for the other info.
Carol
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:43 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

Cooperativas are basically the same as you'd know in the UK - ie businesses owned and run by its members with profits divvied out. In the council sense, can't say I've heard it being used in that context but a quick look around and it seems, much like a consorcio (consortium), a cooperativa looks like a coming together of councils on a specific project, for example the building of a road that involves several councils (not a great example as the Junta would have tthe authoirty but cooperation with the councils would be needed)

A mancomunidad is a continual partnership and in the case of Beturia I would imagine it is because they feel they have a bigger voice with several councils working as one than if they did it individually. In the case of Islantilla, because it doesn't necessarily warrant its own council and covers land that belongs to two municipios, so theb running of it is shared. I'm not sure exactly, but I believe they alternate between Lepe and Isla Cristina every two years as to who has the final say on issues. Bit like the EU presidency I suppose.

Going to lie down now
Its Sunday afternoon where you are!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Can someone post details like on Bob's brilliant blog site (another blog from this latest trip Bob with photos please!), with comments and price "feel".
Jonathan
Thanks for the kind words Reptonian. Unfortunately, no photos from the latest trip, we forgot the camera !

On another topic, we have now received notification of the Community AGM's to held later this month from ADA, the meeting for the Rago 2 Bloque 8 being held at 16:00 hours on June 26th, and the Community AGM being held at 16:00 hours on June 29th. I doubt that we will be there on these dates, is anyone else planning to go to either of these two meetings ?

Along with the agendas, we also got a list for the whole of Rago 2 of non-payers of the Community Fees ! Glad to see the Spanish don't have the same hang-ups as the Brits about naming and shaming.

Regards to All
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
Thanks for the kind words Reptonian. Unfortunately, no photos from the latest trip, we forgot the camera !

On another topic, we have now received notification of the Community AGM's to held later this month from ADA, the meeting for the Rago 2 Bloque 8 being held at 16:00 hours on June 26th, and the Community AGM being held at 16:00 hours on June 29th. I doubt that we will be there on these dates, is anyone else planning to go to either of these two meetings ?

Along with the agendas, we also got a list for the whole of Rago 2 of non-payers of the Community Fees ! Glad to see the Spanish don't have the same hang-ups as the Brits about naming and shaming.

Regards to All
They will name and shame and worse sometimes HERE.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:18 am
Just Joined

stephen-judith is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,
Does anybody have a two bedroom apartment on Costa Esuri, available to rent from 27th June to 11th July inclusive. We have bought one ourselves, but unfortunately due to our solicitors we cannot complete in time.
Cheers
Steve & Judith
Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:05 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Similar to the old County Councils in the UK. The CDS has a mancomunidad too. I asked about illegal builds in Ayamonte, I thinks I saw a posting on spanish property insight when someone was asking the same question. A bit concerned as my Uncle is buying a retirement place there and he doesn't have internet.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:26 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Similar to the old County Councils in the UK. The CDS has a mancomunidad too. I asked about illegal builds in Ayamonte, I thinks I saw a posting on spanish property insight when someone was asking the same question. A bit concerned as my Uncle is buying a retirement place there and he doesn't have internet.
I think illegal builds in Ayamonte are few and far between to say the least. So far no-one seems to know for sure where you are referring to. What is the name of the place that your uncle is buying? Is it on a development?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi Chris,
Yes, it is a lovely drive, and good on you to have reached Beja! We'll save that for another journey (when the hayfever season has ended!)
My OH was saying that if the road was as good as the one travelling to Alcoutim, then he'd consider flying into Lisbon - yes, a bit of a long way about! But, the road narrows after Alcoutim. (However, I think it is motorway from Lisbon to Faro? Not sure...)
Friendly people, yes, agree. Wish I coud speak Portuguese, though. It sounds like Russian to me! (Can't speak Russian either. Need to learn more...)
Racing car drivers: hhmm, famous Brazilian racers? A connection?
Hippo sized pig! Must have been one of the prized Jabugo black pigs?
Any photos, please?
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol&John,

Last year in Feb we dropped our son back at Faro on thursday and then went up to Lisbon. Motorway all the way almost deserted until about 50k out which tends to make you drive faster (did you know that 160kmh is 100mph?). Took us about 2.5 hrs airport to centre funny thing was we were raced almost all the way by a Magnificent Mercedes Hearse which had large windows all round so we had a good view of the coffin all the way at 100mph. We stayed in the best hotel we have had yet a restored former Palace not far from the Pombal statue (the same bloke who rebuilt VRSO after the Tsunami) was something to do with him but not his place.

On the way back we followed the same route about halfway south then turned due east toward Badajoz still on motorway leaving at Evora to turn south to Beja on A roads then just south of Beja follow the Castro Marim road which was very good most of the way. Took about 3hrs but well worth the extra for the views in the Natural Park Vale Do Guardiana.

I think I have read somewhere that Portugal has the highest road death toll in all of the EU followed by Spain but that may have been before the new states joined!

Also since we did the trip I understand that the Portugues police have withdrawn all motorway police patrols and replaced them with speed cameras so I shall have to be more circumspect next time.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 10th 2007 at 2:34 am.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:33 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Also since we did the trip i understand that the Portugues police have withdrawn all motorway police patrols and replaced them with speed cameras so I shall have to be more circumspect next time.

Regards,

John.
Might not be a problem if you are on Spanish plates!!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:45 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? Oye, Guapo! It is Sunday, and I did say "without being confusing", so why do I merit the FFS? A smilie after it would have been appreciated!Yes, you'd better lie down, before I whip your culo!
Here, something else for your brain to ponder:
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/108927_ESN_HTML.htm
Thank you for the other info.
Carol
I apologise if my FFS was offensive - on other forums it's just a sign of frustration and not aimed at anyone. To be fair, in Spanish with the tone you're suggesting, the 'oye guapo' is far more offensive. But anyway, I know it wasn't meant that way, as I hope you will have seen that my FFS was more for my benefit not yours.

As for the link, I hate to say "I told you so all along" but, I told you so all along!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sam parky
Its Sunday afternoon where you are!

Until lunch has passed, I don't leave morning.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola! Fortaleza,
Apology accepted, thank you! And, similarly, I apologise if my tone and choice of phrase were offensive (to yourself or anyone else). Cyber amigos?
Regards,
Carol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.