Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

hi,
Can throughly recommened Gloria as lawyer . she really helped us before and after house purchase. She even accompanied us to visit school for our son to translate for us.

As to bank we use Solbank. Staff speak english and are very helpful. You can also have a postal box at the branch. They also do insurance.

We didn't purchase on Esuri as living here wanted to be in centre of things so we have a townhouse overlooking river.

Sue
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:44 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Here's some photos taken during the Easter hols:

1. sunrise over townhouses phase 2
2. is this the first plot owner at work? On golf 2 on the other side of the worker's tent
3. sunset over townhouses phase 2

Sharon
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-006_3a.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-021_18a.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-020_17a.jpg  

Last edited by tednsharon; Apr 26th 2007 at 5:46 am.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Mike Taylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hi all - I'm a forum virgin so treat me gently, please.
My wife, Linda, and I visited the area this month - under our own steam so no obligation to any agent. BTW, We stayed at the Islantilla Golf Hotel which I notice has been subject of some comment on the forum. Very pleasent, very comfortable and a very good deal through lastminute.com
In the event we were shown around by 3 separate agents to a number of sites in the Spanish & Eastern Portugal Algarve, from apartments to fincas!
On quiet reflection since we've been home we agree that we loved the Ayamonte area and in particular think that Costa Esuri will meet our immediate ambitions. The idea is to start with a 'holiday' home - rental income nice but not important and in later years trade up to a retirement property.
Any advice? I have read some of the later part of the forum so we are alive to 'snagging', mozzies and bad mannered golfers Can someone pm details of a good local lawyer, please. I was thinking of opening a Barclays bank account as we can do most of the paperwork in the Uk - anyone got any views on Barclays in Ayamonte (pm it if it's libellous!)
Another concern, which is subject to some media talk in the UK - including the BBC - is the state of the Spanish economy and in particular the property market in Spain. Apparently construction companies, including Fedesa, have lost around 66% of their capitalisation. Maybe prices will drop if they need to recoup? Whereas we are not planning a short term investment and are thinking long term, we would want to sell and buy up sometime in the future. Any advice/comments?
Anyway, we are planning to visit CE again on the w/e of 25th May - hopefully to put down a deposit and start the ball rolling. Wish us luck

Best regards
Mike & Linda
Hello Mikej
We to have decided to purchase in CE and in fact decided to use Barclays Ayamonte. In Our experience they have been been very helpfull not pushy.
v good and professional so far. Our Solicitors AA solocitors in AYAMONTE have also been very good and we would also recomend then to handle your purchase processing. Ana Piola being the contact.

I will be in Ayamonte for 1 week from 17/4/07 looking around at the progress
of my place.

Regarding the bad press re Fadessa and other major Spanish builders
you can bet your last euro that building will not slow down oCDL
and prices will still increase in the medium and long term.
The Spanish really welcome the enhancment to the economy
and will not allow that to be disturbed with a recession

Its a still a great place to live in and for solid investment

Mikej
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola! Sharon,
Lovely photos - thanks for posting them!
Was photo #1 taken from Manzana 5?
Have you met the owner of the villa already built in the photo? Was there a "se vende" sign?
This recent news about the builders/developers losing so much money makes me wonder if Fadesa will build further phases; for example, at the roundabout in front of RagoII/RMA1 and start of the hill up to RVA4. Was this area meant to be for more apartments? At the moment, I think it is a mound of earth. John&Kath's map might be handy?
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:01 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola! Sharon,
Lovely photos - thanks for posting them!
Was photo #1 taken from Manzana 5?
Have you met the owner of the villa already built in the photo? Was there a "se vende" sign?
This recent news about the builders/developers losing so much money makes me wonder if Fadesa will build further phases; for example, at the roundabout in front of RagoII/RMA1 and start of the hill up to RVA4. Was this area meant to be for more apartments? At the moment, I think it is a mound of earth. John&Kath's map might be handy?
Regards,
Carol
Photos taken from our house on manzana 6 - right opposite the worker's tent! Villa already built on the corner by M5 is apparently a spanish builder which is why he has been able to build already?!? the villa looks very nice - on three levels as far as I can see and he is landscaping the garden at the moment. didn't actually speak to the plot owner (photo above), but lots of activity during the day - cement lorries, trucks, cars and those men who look through tripods measuring in the distance (I just know someone will know the correct name for this!)

OH - by the way - took a walk around "John & Kath's" hill and the gardeners were sorting out the gardens alongside the road, weeding and planting shrubs and grass seed. John's going to have a fab view from up there!.

Must dash
Sharon
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:01 am
Just Joined

eileenand mel is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there
this is all new to us we hope to be in our apartment for end of june for a visit can anyone advise can i get services put on in apartment from here before we go
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:04 am
James

JamesPatrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, Just seeing if anyone is about for an early morning round of golf on esuri 1, any day between the 8th and 12th May (inclusive). PM me if anyone is free?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Michael&Susan,
Welcome & thanks for the photos, always appreciated. What is the name of the Rago1 apartments?

Carol Elizabeth,
I watched that program tonight, and it does highlight the problems faced by some people, unfortunately. It's a question of degree, isn't it? Too happy-go-lucky (Place in the Sun) or stuck-in-a-rut (Selling Homes Abroad). Switch off the telly!
John&Kath, where are you? John knows the answers to your question about declarations, first license, etc. The thing is, with staged payments, you do not own the property until the final payment/deed transaction takes place, correct?
Carol, have you sussed out any good walks yet?
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol

No not had chance to do any walks - have not been over since last October and will not be staying in the area until August when it will be too hot. It will have to wait until later in the year. We did however have a great walk in the pine woods around Monte Gordo. Some well marked trails there.

Carol
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

"We did however have a great walk in the pine woods around Monte Gordo. Some well marked trails there."

Hi Carol,
It sounds lovely.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
I'm into scuba (warm water only ) Does anyone know if there is any diving in the area? Dive schools? Dive shops?
I have found some in Lagos and Carvoiero but would like to know if there are any nearer.
Also
What's the state of broadband at CE? Is there any and if so is it expensive?
BR
MikeJ
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=MikeJ;4711174]
Hi all
I'm into scuba (warm water only ) Does anyone know if there is any diving in the area? Dive schools? Dive shops?

Hi Mike,

there is (at least there was last June!) a dive shop in the lower ground floor of the Iberotel (large pyramid building at Eastern end of the sea front) in Monte Gordo. Don't know how good/bad it is - I will probably make some enquiries when next over in July.

Cheers,

Matt
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eileenand mel
hi there
this is all new to us we hope to be in our apartment for end of june for a visit can anyone advise can i get services put on in apartment from here before we go
Hi eileenandmel,
Yes, you might wish to contact Conforta.
Carol
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Masey is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

[QUOTE=MikeJ;4697441]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi MikeJ,

"No knowledge of Barclays but they are the newest bank on the Plaza. Most of the Spanish banks have an office in UK so you can open an account with any in UK as well. Still if you are already with Barclays or Halifax in UK I think there is a logic in keeping life simple and transfers are easy too but you may not get the best exchange rate."
John.

The only reasons I choose Barclays were i) I picked up a copy of Oracle and there was an encoraging interview with the new manager and ii) I don't know the name of any Spanish banks. If you could advise of names I can research their UK presence. Living just north of London (for now ) it's easier eough to visit.
I have opened an account with Hifex (?) for currency exchange (just to get a feel for the advantages) and my company deals through Travelex who offer preferential rates to employees.

Thanks for the reply - nice to know someone's still up!
MikeJ
Hi Mike
As your living near London the Banco Popular (de Andalucia) office is in Paddington with only 2 staff is a real personal touch very helpfull if you pop in. Have you tried Interchange for your transfers? i've found them very competitive with the rates and no charges either end, also you can secure the rate in a foward contract which is not possible wth some of the others for the amounts we are sending
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Masey;4712117]
Originally Posted by MikeJ

Hi Mike
As your living near London the Banco Popular (de Andalucia) office is in Paddington with only 2 staff is a real personal touch very helpfull if you pop in. Have you tried Interchange for your transfers? i've found them very competitive with the rates and no charges either end, also you can secure the rate in a foward contract which is not possible wth some of the others for the amounts we are sending
Hi there are so many places out there wanting your foreign exchange and willing to do it for you.

One site I use a lot is www.xe.com and their associated xetrade site http://www.xe.com/fx/ is a way to manage fx transfers. I will say however that I personally have not used xetrade as I live in the Eurozone and dont do much fx transfers any more. But they seem a good bunch! ( I have no interest financially/business wise with them)

The big issue is receiving bank charges which Ive posted on before, I strongly recommend that as well as trying to get the best fx-rate deal, that you also ask your Spanish bank what they will charge for the money to be deposited in your account (which you would think was good for them!). It then becomes a calculation of what you are left with 'cash in hand' at the end - net of all charges.

It may work out better (for example) to get a 'worst exchange rate' but a free transfer. If you are transferring for example from the same company in the UK to their sister branch in Ayamonte, you may get no charges.

I, for example, have switched my account from one big bank in Ayamonte because of this. I've heard some very bad stories about this and experienced it (via my friend who also bought on CE, and alerted me to all this).

Ive posted a lot about this so wont bore you anymore, but just a caution to the newer members of the forum. When opening your Spanish account - you should ask about these charges (both national and international transfer/receive charges). At that time, when they are hungry to get you signed up, you may even be able to do a deal on charges (possibly)

Regards

Jon
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Jon-Bxl;4712580]
Originally Posted by Masey

Hi there are so many places out there wanting your foreign exchange and willing to do it for you.

One site I use a lot is www.xe.com and their associated xetrade site http://www.xe.com/fx/ is a way to manage fx transfers. I will say however that I personally have not used xetrade as I live in the Eurozone and dont do much fx transfers any more. But they seem a good bunch! ( I have no interest financially/business wise with them)

The big issue is receiving bank charges which Ive posted on before, I strongly recommend that as well as trying to get the best fx-rate deal, that you also ask your Spanish bank what they will charge for the money to be deposited in your account (which you would think was good for them!). It then becomes a calculation of what you are left with 'cash in hand' at the end - net of all charges.

It may work out better (for example) to get a 'worst exchange rate' but a free transfer. If you are transferring for example from the same company in the UK to their sister branch in Ayamonte, you may get no charges.

I, for example, have switched my account from one big bank in Ayamonte because of this. I've heard some very bad stories about this and experienced it (via my friend who also bought on CE, and alerted me to all this).

Ive posted a lot about this so wont bore you anymore, but just a caution to the newer members of the forum. When opening your Spanish account - you should ask about these charges (both national and international transfer/receive charges). At that time, when they are hungry to get you signed up, you may even be able to do a deal on charges (possibly)

Regards

Jon
I believe our Barclays account does not charge landing fees but we pay a quarterly charge which covers this and a range of other services. It is not too high and we will need to decide whether we wish to keep this type of account when we have finished transfering money across for the purchase. We use HIFX for that purpose but as you say there are lots of alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.