Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:02 am
Paul

Esuri Boys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola! y buenos dias a todos,

Just got back from a week at CE, and what a week it has been: travel mishaps, the weather ( ), and the saga of "No hay gas: part I", and, "El termo no funciona: Part II". However, looking on the bright side, we were there for most of Semana Santa, and met many friendly people.

Here are some photos. Hope you like 'em!
1. river cruiser which, I think, I saw docked at the muelle de portugal the following day.
2. I think these are the Tasa houses? Just along from the new hotel - the road is open, ending in a cul-de-sac. Lovely spring wild flowers.
3. Golf I clubhouse (which, if I remember correctly is to open in May?), complete with trio of palm trees. Very fung-sheuiiiee.
and,
4. Villas being built beside the car park/golf/Marina Esuri. I especially like the Marina Esuri apartment in the background with the enclosed terrace (ie. pull down "toldos"). No, it is not mine!

More photos to follow...

Regards,
Carol

Carol

Did you attach the photos because i can't see them !!!!

Paul
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:06 am
Paul

Esuri Boys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Esuri Boys
Carol

Did you attach the photos because i can't see them !!!!

Paul

Found them !!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about that! They appear to have vanished when I clicked on the preview post, so had to go thru the long upload file process yet again...

Some photos taken on Easter Sunday/Domingo de Resurreccion:
1, 2, 3 & 4: el paso de la Virgen Maria Santisima de la Victoria. The procession filed through calle Huelva, and eventually onto the Paseo de la ribera. The flowers were beautiful: pink carnations and pink roses. I noticed several women & children wore an item of red or pink clothing.
5. El paso de Jesus Resucitado. A close up of the red carnations and, I think, red gladiolae.

The children in the procession were dressed in long white robes, tied at the waist with a green belt. They carried tall candles from which children in the crowd could ask them to tip hot wax onto a ever increasing ball of wax. The town was busy and there was a happy atmosphere.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0293.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0290.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0292.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0288.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0287.jpg  

Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

The children in the procession were dressed in long white robes, tied at the waist with a green belt.
I don't think that's a tradition dating back through the mists of time... It was the local judo club who got lost on their way to a competition

Originally Posted by olivia
They described their cover as 'The B.M.W. as opposed to the Skoda.
Isn't it strange that no matter how much Skoda has improved it's cars, safety and company profile, the name is still used to describe all things naff. It should probably be Kia or something these days. (I haven't got a Skoda by the way).

On the subject of insurance. Do those of you that are planning to let your properties out have public liability insurance? You know what people are like in today's blame society. So better safe than sorry.

Finally, what a great week. Roll on Sunday and Sparky's Rovers!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
I don't think that's a tradition dating back through the mists of time... It was the local judo club who got lost on their way to a competition

Isn't it strange that no matter how much Skoda has improved it's cars, safety and company profile, the name is still used to describe all things naff. It should probably be Kia or something these days. (I haven't got a Skoda by the way).

On the subject of insurance. Do those of you that are planning to let your properties out have public liability insurance? You know what people are like in today's blame society. So better safe than sorry.

Great point thanks for that - something that I wouldeasily have forgotten. Im guessing the agency that Matt recommended will do that too.

regards
Jon
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Chris,
lol... you are a naughty boy!
Here's one for you:
Recreativo Huelva (4) v. Celta Vigo (2) last Sunday at Estadio Colombino.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0301.jpg  
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Seriously, the green belts were the same shade of green of the flag of Andalucia.
Last 2 photos are from Huelva: Plaza de las monjas.
Hasta luego mis esurianos,
Carol
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-100_0299.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-church.jpg  
Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Chris,
lol... you are a naughty boy!
Here's one for you:
Recreativo Huelva (4) v. Celta Vigo (2) last Sunday at Estadio Colombino.
Hi Carol,

Were your seats behind the goal? Was it easy to get tickets?

I think in light of last night's result I'll start supporting our other local Primera Liga club. (Sorry Chris)! Mind you, Navarra, the Sevilla defender was a right dirty git and should not only be charged by UEFA for use of the elbow but also with offences against fashion for his girlie hair.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi again,
Yes and yes: answers to your questions above.
John & my son went in earlier (90mins prior to kick off) to get tickets. This was my first match (in nearly 20+ years!) Parking is another story altogether.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin

Public liability insurance is part of the community charge to cover claims from accidents in carparks, walkways in apartment blocks and around pool areas.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:00 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Graham G
Public liability insurance is part of the community charge to cover claims from accidents in carparks, walkways in apartment blocks and around pool areas.
Anyone out week commencing 23 April? Send me a pm if you want to meet up.

CSR
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

The Buildings and Contents Insurance needed should cost around 120 to 180 pounds a year with Hiscox. They cover accidental damage, liability for both domestic staff and the public and occasional renting. They don't "average" and will cover your travel costs up to 1000 pounds should you need to be present when a claim occurs. Their policies are in English, their loss adjusters speak English, and the excess is never more than 100 pounds.

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by olivia
On the boring subject of insurance!!!
What is reasonable for a 3 bed apartment in a complex of 25?
We have no mortgage so need 'Buildings and Contents' Because we had no time to shop around last year, we went with 'The Bank of Santander' More than 700euros? They described their cover as 'The B.M.W. as opposed to the Skoda' Skoda could well be good enough for us!!!! is this excessive? We went with them because our Spanish is not good enough for the kind of conversation that might be necessary for a claim!!! Our thinking was that we could always walk into the Bank with any problems!!! Looking for advice before next renewal.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Today is a very sad day.

I have now parted with the first 15% on my Town house.

The second 15% is due by 15th July.

I am in mourning for my hard earned cash.... maybe I need a beer? Yes that's it. I have the answer, it was there all along.

There, I feel better now.

Beer, should be on the NHS.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:53 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamesf
Today is a very sad day.

I have now parted with the first 15% on my Town house.

The second 15% is due by 15th July.

I am in mourning for my hard earned cash.... maybe I need a beer? Yes that's it. I have the answer, it was there all along.

There, I feel better now.

Beer, should be on the NHS.
I thought it was a sad day when we parted with our first big payment But we have been living in our house for 10 months now and it was worth all the big payments Only thing is theres too much beer over here so start practising
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sam parky
I thought it was a sad day when we parted with our first big payment But we have been living in our house for 10 months now and it was worth all the big payments Only thing is theres too much beer over here so start practising
Sam

I was led to believe that you drank the alcohol free stuff. That stuff is hard to find. Or was I misled?

Graham

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.