Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by terrymcg
I was enjoying your rant until you got personal. Tempted not to respond but prats like you need to understand that decent people want to talk to decent people about issues of genuine concern They want an intelligent debate where they can get answers and information that can assist them in making serious and life changing decisions.

For your information I did leave school. Did the whole working class thing and returned after some life enhancing and very develomental years. It may have helped you if you had begun any personal and social education yourself.

Terry
I take it your school would have to be a Fee Paying private school. I just wonder whether enough of the families moving out would be able to afford the fees. Employment for the parents is not good unless they are fluent in Spanish. There will be undoubtedly some English business people running businesses catering for English taste, making enough to pay fees. Enough to fill an English school would need some research. I was under the impression that there is an international school at Bellavista.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Oliva,

Where is Bellavista?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by olivia
I was under the impression that there is an international school at Bellavista.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

I was enjoying your rant until you got personal. Tempted not to respond but prats like you need to understand that decent people want to talk to decent people about issues of genuine concern They want an intelligent debate where they can get answers and information that can assist them in making serious and life changing decisions.

For your information I did leave school. Did the whole working class thing and returned after some life enhancing and very develomental years. It may have helped you if you had begun any personal and social education yourself.

Terry

Prats like me I understand

But on the other hand 5 to 11 yr olds subject to

enhancing and very develomental years. It may have helped you if you had begun any personal and social education yourself

assimilate the children if the language of tuition is familiar to them

way over my head :scared:
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Oliva,

Where is Bellavista?

Regards,

John.
Hi John,
Take the motorway in the direction of Huelva E1 A49 for about 26 Kilometres
Junction 99. Aljaraque. Go straight across at the roundabout and follow the road through the pine Forrest for about 5 Kilometres. You will then be in the region of the Bella Vista Golf course. This is a lovely quiet course very established and is the oldest in the area. I was told about the school whilst playing there. I feel sure I was also told that there is a bus service for children from Ayamonte to this school.
Olivia.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Hi John,
Take the motorway in the direction of Huelva E1 A49 for about 26 Kilometres
Junction 99. Aljaraque. Go straight across at the roundabout and follow the road through the pine Forrest for about 5 Kilometres. You will then be in the region of the Bella Vista Golf course. This is a lovely quiet course very established and is the oldest in the area. I was told about the school whilst playing there. I feel sure I was also told that there is a bus service for children from Ayamonte to this school.
Olivia.
The golf course here is not as old the region of Huelva would have think from the date on the entrance, but this course has history for you to explore.

For me this is the most relaxing golf course to play in the region. Being very close to Huelva if a school exists as you suggest it will be here or close by because of History.

Last edited by Spanishliferules; Sep 13th 2006 at 9:53 am.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the Montessori school in Aljaraque?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Is this the Montessori school in Aljaraque?
[email protected]
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

marty1 will become famous soon enoughmarty1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

hi all just looking at a recent photo of ragos1 sent in by graham g page 216? has any one els got any more like that. regaurds marty1
Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Hi All,
Just returned from a week in CE during which we attended the general meeting for Marina Esuri. Having read through the past weeks threads I notice that some of you are concerned that you wont be able to attend the meeting for the townhouses; unless you want to stand for president or vice president of your block I shouldn't be too concerned.

From what we saw the budget is set and appeared non negotiable. However maybe I should start at the beginning.

The meeting was timed to start at 5 p.m. and for no apparent reason it started at about 5.20. We were introduced to the members of the panel, both in Spanish and English and told that we needed to elect a President and Vice Presedent for each block. However some of the owners present, both English & Spanish, seemed to want to air their concerns regarding problems they were having with the properties and surrounding area and wanted to know what Fadesa were going to do about it before we took on community management etc. etc. etc. All of this was being translated in both Spanish and English which you can imagine took rather a lot of time. Concerns were also expressed on the lack of notice given for the meeting which was to no avail as we were told that we had to elect the officers either from those present or they would do it by picking apartment numbers.

We eventually elected a President & Vice President for Manzana 7 and I think Manzana 6. Fadesa still own three of the other Manzanas and the majority of the other two. However we had to elect a president and v. president for the two manzanas jointly owned by Fadesa and Joe Public. As there was nobody at the meeting representing these two manzanas this was done by members of the meeting shouting out apartment numbers so I presume three people are going to be quite shocked when they receive letters telling them that they have been elected to office in their absence. The only thing in our favour was that we managed to avoid all but one property owned by Fadesa.

During this time we were told that Fadesa are going to set up a complaints office somewhere on site and sometime between the end of September/beginning of October!!!! We also got an assurance from the Fadesa representative that he would do a tour of Marina Esuri with some of the owners to view the grievances at first hand.

We then moved onto the budget which again caused a lot of discussion and translation both in English and Spanish. However sitting their listening to all what was being said I came to the conclusion that the budget had been set and until the AEA Administracion comes to an end there is nothing we can do about it.

By now is was 8 p.m. and I decided it was not the way I wanted to spend the last night of my holiday, so we left.

From information that we were given on our way in it appears that the community charge they want is 100 euros up front with 65 euros per month for the comunity and 30 euros per month for the intercomunity. Whether or not this was changed at the meeting I cannot say.

It was suggested by AEA that the pools be kept open year round otherwise we will have to reapply for a licence which may be refused if the pool doesn't conform to new regulations.

Also for those of you who have bought duplexes they have now started moving the aircon slave units from the balconies. For the majority of the nucleos they are being suspended on brackets on the outside walls of the apartments. Not a pretty sight but I'm sure we'll get used to it.

For those of you in Manzana 7 your President is Jose Sanchez and Vice President is Michael Biddulf (apologies for any mis-spelt names).

Jean & John
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:12 am
Just Joined

terrymcg is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it your school would have to be a Fee Paying private school. I just wonder whether enough of the families moving out would be able to afford the fees. Employment for the parents is not good unless they are fluent in Spanish. There will be undoubtedly some English business people running businesses catering for English taste, making enough to pay fees. Enough to fill an English school would need some research. I was under the impression that there is an international school at Bellavista.
Olivia

all private schools are fee paying, and this would be no different. The only way such a school can work is if the parents pay the costs because nobody else will. However, I said before and will reiterate now, if I set up a school it would be a 'not for profit' organisation where the owners would be a board of trustees appointed by parents. This is the sort of school I have always worked in abroad. There are obvious benefits e.g. lower fees for parents; no cutting corners where resources are concerned; getting the best teachers; surpluses reinvested etc. I am not saying this is a cure all and that it will suit everybody but it may suit sufficient numbers of people to make it viable. I know that people already send their children as far as Huelva. Some will be tempted by the (potentially excellent) EAST in Tavira. All well and good and very understandable. I just think that eventually the pressure of demand will necessitate a local school and better one based on the model I suggest rather than one created to make money.

Terry
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Terrymcg,

It strikes me that you will be equidistant between the Montessori and EAST and there is already demand since people from Ayamonte already send children to Montessori and no doubt soon to EAST. It might work if you got in early before patterns were set for all the new resident population at CE and IC.

Regards,

John.
Olivia
all private schools are fee paying, and this would be no different. The only way such a school can work is if the parents pay the costs because nobody else will. However, I said before and will reiterate now, if I set up a school it would be a 'not for profit' organisation where the owners would be a board of trustees appointed by parents. This is the sort of school I have always worked in abroad. There are obvious benefits e.g. lower fees for parents; no cutting corners where resources are concerned; getting the best teachers; surpluses reinvested etc. I am not saying this is a cure all and that it will suit everybody but it may suit sufficient numbers of people to make it viable. I know that people already send their children as far as Huelva. Some will be tempted by the (potentially excellent) EAST in Tavira. All well and good and very understandable. I just think that eventually the pressure of demand will necessitate a local school and better one based on the model I suggest rather than one created to make money.
Terry
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Terrymcg,

It strikes me that you will be equidistant between the Montessori and EAST and there is already demand since people from Ayamonte already send children to Montessori and no doubt soon to EAST. It might work if you got in early before patterns were set for all the new resident population at CE and IC.

Regards,

John.
The school in Aljaraque is found at www.attendis.com - Entrepinos and Tierrallana - I visited a couple of years back when we were considering relocating full time.

I must say that it was one of the best presented and equipped schools I have ever been to. They run a dual language system of teaching - all lessons are taught in Spanish and English - each subject has 2 classrooms - one is totally in Spanish and the other in English. For example Maths is taught in Spanish and English - the language used is dependent on the classroom used.

In terms of fees - excellent value for money.

Education is a real bug bear of mine as it would appear to be for a lot of Spanish parents. The school was established as local (Spanish) parents were concerned about the quality of state education and wanted something better for their children. One of the key focus' of the parents is they want their children to have greater opportunities by being bi-lingual.

My concerns with any state run system - be it in Spain or UK or anywhere for that matter - is that are my kids getting the best? I am not saying that every state school is bad - just that the chances of getting 'lost' in the system are greater. As a parent with young children this is my concern in any language.

Good luck Terry.

Cheers,

Matt
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt begley
The school in Aljaraque is found at www.attendis.com - Entrepinos and Tierrallana - I visited a couple of years back when we were considering relocating full time.

I must say that it was one of the best presented and equipped schools I have ever been to. They run a dual language system of teaching - all lessons are taught in Spanish and English - each subject has 2 classrooms - one is totally in Spanish and the other in English. For example Maths is taught in Spanish and English - the language used is dependent on the classroom used.

In terms of fees - excellent value for money.

Education is a real bug bear of mine as it would appear to be for a lot of Spanish parents. The school was established as local (Spanish) parents were concerned about the quality of state education and wanted something better for their children. One of the key focus' of the parents is they want their children to have greater opportunities by being bi-lingual.

My concerns with any state run system - be it in Spain or UK or anywhere for that matter - is that are my kids getting the best? I am not saying that every state school is bad - just that the chances of getting 'lost' in the system are greater. As a parent with young children this is my concern in any language.

Good luck Terry.

Cheers,

Matt
Hi.
That is the one. It is at Bellavista and is not as far as Huelva. I guess about 30 to 35 kilometres. The lady I met at the Golf Club spoke very highly of it.
Bellavista is a very smart area. Some of the properties visible from the course are fabulous!! multi million mansions.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Kacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Me and my husband have a place in Isla Canela and have been up to Costa Esuri this weekend looking at plots with a view to moving out next year.

Our Children will be six and three, and schooling is very daunting for me. I would be very interested in any school that you would be thinking of starting up. I have not ruled out Spanish schools because I think they are at an OK age.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Karen Elliott

I have read quite a few posts recently and am aware of some peoples ongoing concerns. We spent five great weeks at CE over the summer. The potential of the place is fantastic. Not just the site, but the locality as well. Of course it would be better if there was minimal ex-pat impact. However, we have to accept that there will be some. Let's just keep an eye on things. I mean, Burger King may be a marginal irritant but it will pale into insignificance when put in the context of the bigger picture.

Our plan is to move there as soon as possible. This was not the case when we bought. Our friends are of the same mind as well. So we will be bringing our plans to move forward. A problem we face, and I suspect quite a few others, is that of schooling. I talked about this with some people I met over the summer. My suspicion is that if there is a decent International school offering a modified British curriculum then others may take the plunge earlier. My wife and I are teachers (I a senior manager) in a prestigious International school. We met other teachers there in August. I made some preliminary enquiries about starting a not for profit community primary school. However, before I pursue this venture I would really like to be able to guage the extent of the need for such. I want to point out that I very much support the idea of putting kids in local Spanish schools but this might not suit everybody.

If you would like to discuss this with me drop me a PM. I believe the idea is very feasible in the short run and hugely important in the long run.

Terry McGuire
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jean&John,
Thanks for the information on the community meeting. Was this only for owners at manzanas 7 & 6 at Marina Esuri?
Looks like 100euros/month is the going rate with this administration.
Regards,
Carol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.