Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

Old Apr 8th 2007, 4:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

Originally Posted by Lynn R
YES I got sick of waiting to move, but got here in the end thank goodness! We put our house in East Lancashire on the market in Feb 2006 having done all the stuff like decluttering, interior paintwork, new plants, etc etc. Got a couple of very low offers, sacked the first estate agent after 3 months, got an acceptable offer in July from a buyer who then changed his mind. I was tearing my hair out but at the start of September we reduced the asking price by 5% and it promptly went manic - we got 5 offers in one week, two of them at the reduced asking price. The buyer wanted completion within 5 weeks and it was quite a job getting the move organised in that timescale but I was glad to do it. We´d owned our house in Spain for nearly 4 years and every time we came over I was so upset to have to leave and go back to the UK.

I hope the market picks up soon for all of you who are waiting to sell.
Hi Lynn

Glad you got there in the end - what a long wait and stressful by the sounds of it! We are off to Spain in 5 weeks as we have just been told we can move into our place (off-plan purchase) but we still haven't sold our house yet so will have two mortgages Not exactly as planned but nothing we can do about it.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helenp
We decided we were moving last May house on mkt etc thought it will only be a few months 6 at the most. Little were we to know the property mkt was the slowest it has been for years We even took it off mkt after xmas for a few months and thought we would wait until next year but for financial reasons changed our mind. Its not that I think Spain will be the be all and end all i am realistic and I know at first it will be harder than UK but it is this state of feeling in limbo you want to do something and you just want to get on with it. Sometimes I wish I didn't want to move it would be easier, but you have to follow your heart and I beleive it will all be worth it in the end. Does anyone else get fed up with the waiting and for those who have moved was it all worth it in the end and how long on average did it take to get there from the initial decision you were going?

Helen
Hi HelenP I am so frustrated that I just want to go now but due to childrens problems my whole plan is going square only due to 20 plus year olds! any advice because we are intending buying in August!!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

We hope to get the house up for sale within the next week, seems like I've been saying that for ages, but like Lynn R we are doing the decluttering, painting bit. We are leaving the kids behind vox pop. We want our 19 year old to come but he won't. My daughter is settled at the moment with our nearly 2 year old grandaughter. It may sound selfish and it is really difficult but there does come a time when we have to think about ourselves.

Hope everything works out for all of us waiting and those who have moved
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Looks like we will be putting our house on the market within the next fortnight - was going to wait till June but then found out about the dreaded Home Sellers Pack
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtlez
Looks like we will be putting our house on the market within the next fortnight - was going to wait till June but then found out about the dreaded Home Sellers Pack

They reckon this is the best time of year to put them on, March / April time. Garden looks better, weather's improving etc etc.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Hi, we have been experiencing the same thing, sold our house last October and then come Feb, our buyers lost their buyers and so we are now back on the market, only 1 viewing in last 3 weeks. we are in Kent so i guess it is slow everywhere, we are changing agents as soon as poss. Need to be in spain by September to get my daughter in school, it is so frustrating when you have plans that just keep getting set back.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vox populia
Hi HelenP I am so frustrated that I just want to go now but due to childrens problems my whole plan is going square only due to 20 plus year olds! any advice because we are intending buying in August!!!
Must be difficult if kids are older thats why we want to go now, then if they come back to England when they are older thats up to them. We are going out looking again Aug/Sept hopefully we will find something.

good luck

Helen
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We are leaving our youngest daughter behind, she's almost 29, unmarried and won't go with us as she is concerned about finding employment. She says she will see how we get on and visit a few times to find her way around and maybe she will join us one day. I can but hope. Our eldest daughter is already in Spain and has no intention of returning to England.

We still haven't sold our house but our property in Spain is ready for us to move into so we are off next month