Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

'Limbo' does describe it perfectly. I feel that I just want to free my energy up, in order to engage fully in my new life in Spain, however, as long as I haven't fully removed my energy from my old life and living situation, then I can't do that. It really is most frustrating (bah)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:57 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Anyone else get sick of waiting to move?

Hi guys!
Well there is one thing for sure, we are certainly not alone. Everything that has been written is as if I had written it myself. But to have had to have waited for 2 years and having to keep returning, ouch that must have hurt!!
Limbo land is for sure where we all are!
Mrs T, we have done all the usual and more but house has still been on the market for a year. It's on every major, and even some minor websites as well as with a local agent.
We have got 2 veiwings tomorrow, but we still have to wait, and go to work and come home and wait!
It's like going to bed every night thinking the next day will be Christmas, only to find out in the morning that Christmas has been cancelled!
Keep up the faith guys, the law of averages dictates that ALL our properties will sell eventually! (That was actually supposed to have cheered everyone up, but I feel quite depressed again now!)
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:14 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to see that people are struggling to sell houses in the UK.
Have we reached a peak in house prices? Are they simply too expensive?

Seriously shave £30k off your houses and I bet they'll sell straight away.

Not being on the property ladder i'd love house prices to fall
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:16 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi guys!
Well there is one thing for sure, we are certainly not alone. Everything that has been written is as if I had written it myself. But to have had to have waited for 2 years and having to keep returning, ouch that must have hurt!!
Limbo land is for sure where we all are!
Mrs T, we have done all the usual and more but house has still been on the market for a year. It's on every major, and even some minor websites as well as with a local agent.
We have got 2 veiwings tomorrow, but we still have to wait, and go to work and come home and wait!
It's like going to bed every night thinking the next day will be Christmas, only to find out in the morning that Christmas has been cancelled!
Keep up the faith guys, the law of averages dictates that ALL our properties will sell eventually! (That was actually supposed to have cheered everyone up, but I feel quite depressed again now!)
Had a feeling someone would say that - that's the reality of it. Well its sit and wait, wait, wait (I feel for you all ) or weigh up whether you can afford to be cheaper than the competition down the road... Neither works for you though, does it!

Before the prospective buyer leaves, offer them a free holiday when you move! (Only joking!).
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis
Yes, I just want to go now. Supposed to be exchanging contracts tomorrow, but have had a little indication that my buyer might pull out after all. If they do it will be over the next few days. So please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. I'm trying to distract myself by packing and repacking.
I'll keep everything crossed for you, wish I was at that stage
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:07 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Had a feeling someone would say that - that's the reality of it. Well its sit and wait, wait, wait (I feel for you all ) or weigh up whether you can afford to be cheaper than the competition down the road... Neither works for you though, does it!

Before the prospective buyer leaves, offer them a free holiday when you move! (Only joking!).

We could also stock up on Easter eggs and offer them free to all viewers

Sorry Andrew - you asked for that
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything comes down to price in the end. I am sure you are right. People have a psychological attitude that whatever the house down the road was sold for last year their's should be at least that or even more because its better for any number of reasons. Anyway everyone tells us markets are going up aren't they? The market catches up usually if you are prepared to wait long enough. Which suggests that in fact houses are overpriced if there are no buyers.

Looking at the likelihood of yet more interest rate increases, if not this week then more or less guaranteed next month, I suspect prices are more likely to "flatten" in estate agents' jargon or "drop" in my language and it will become quite a bloodbath as people desperate to sell start to undercut the neighbours. The people desperate to sell will be newly separating couples who need a property each and the estates of deceased family members. Another group who will be in difficulty are the new "amateur" buy to let brigade who have come into the market quite recently, have geared up with big mortgages and fear their capital gains eroding.

Mind you I have thought this for the last couple of years and I haven't been right yet.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

I think what has happened is house prices have risen dramatically in the last 10 years but salaries have not risen so there is a lack of first time buyers which has slowed the market up. My self and a lot of people I know could not afford to buy our own house if we were first time buyers. I think there should be more help for first time buyers i.e building more affordable housing such as shared ownership to help them get on the market then things will get moving again. I mean up north on an average salary all you could afford as a first time buyer is a terraced house to get on property ladder say 80k, we started off in a studio flat for £25,000 back in 1990, you've got to start somewhere. But I imagine down south property is a lot more expensive and salaries are not nessesarily enough to afford property.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helenp
Yes its so frustrating we have never had this before houses have sold in weeks, but its not just ours most of the ones in the area are sticking. You wish you'd done it a couple of years ago when houses were actually selling.
Never mind must think positive.

Helen
We are the same and just a little further in near to Manchester, very slow house market. We go back out in August we might look for somewhere to rent although its probably just wasting more money!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

£30k up north is a lot of HARVEY!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vox populia
We are the same and just a little further in near to Manchester, very slow house market. We go back out in August we might look for somewhere to rent although its probably just wasting more money!
Well i said to oh last year should we just go and rent with our savings assuming house would not take long to sell, well its a good job he was thinking logically as we would of used most of our savings and still not sold the house so we just have to hang on in there.

Helen
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

£30k up north is a lot of HARVEY!
Exactly and its all money you need in Spain, I would rather hang on another year than lose 30K.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helenp
Well i said to oh last year should we just go and rent with our savings assuming house would not take long to sell, well its a good job he was thinking logically as we would of used most of our savings and still not sold the house so we just have to hang on in there.

Helen
Ta, Thats what we think and anyway the depressing weather is to get better after Easter which helps a little!!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ta, Thats what we think and anyway the depressing weather is to get better after Easter which helps a little!!
Well at least if we have a nice summer thats something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.