Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone else feeling a bit chilly already?

Anyone else feeling a bit chilly already?

Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:47 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else feeling a bit chilly already?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh diddums... bless you all! They give it snow for the tail end of next week on high ground! SNOW!!! Its bloody October! Snow!!!

This global warming is really confusing ya know.
I remember snow one June in the UK.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah I remember it snowing bloody hard in May one year when I lived in the Cotswolds... still....
Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:34 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Just 2 years ago back at my place, but there again it's .
not all that unusual in June.

Seems no time at all since all these Spanish based moaning minnies were all complaining about excess heat,and now it's back to bellyaching about the cold again.

Just no pleasing some folk or maybe it's all down to climate change after all ?

I try to concentrate mainly on the in-between periods for my time in Spain now, or Spring and Autumn, such as they are.

However by far the best solution for those who have weather at the top of their list of priorities is the Canaries.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:08 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

We visited Torrevieja seafront yesterday and the town was basking in sunshine and it was packed, mostly with foreign holidaymakers, which is unusual.

We only just managed to find a table at one of the line of restaurants overlooking the sea and asked the waiter who was rushing around serving his many customers. He explained that it was some kind of German holiday and they had all come to Torrevieja.

Listening to the accents all around, he was right, although the Scandinavians were also well represented. You can’t miss them, they’re all fair-haired giants.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
We visited Torrevieja seafront yesterday and the town was basking in sunshine and it was packed, mostly with foreign holidaymakers, which is unusual.

We only just managed to find a table at one of the line of restaurants overlooking the sea and asked the waiter who was rushing around serving his many customers. He explained that it was some kind of German holiday and they had all come to Torrevieja.

Listening to the accents all around, he was right, although the Scandinavians were also well represented. You can’t miss them, they’re all fair-haired giants.
I feel for you.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnyx
Hi,
I dont uderstand, the sun is shining and its still summer in the air.
Maybee you are on the wrong place.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:45 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I feel for you.
If time transference (the Beam me up Scotty type) was available now, I would expect to see you suddenly emerging at Keepers on the front, probably in your green wellies.

However, don’t expect to see me emerging in the middle of Buckfastleigh in my shorts, I’d be sure to have forgotten my umbrella.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone else feeling a bit chilly already?

I read somwhere that Lidel Spain have got Electric blanckets on offer this week.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:47 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
If time transference (the Beam me up Scotty type) was available now, I would expect to see you suddenly emerging at Keepers on the front, probably in your green wellies.

However, don’t expect to see me emerging in the middle of Buckfastleigh in my shorts, I’d be sure to have forgotten my umbrella.
I would not be seen dead in either place.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Seems no time at all since all these Spanish based moaning minnies were all complaining about excess heat,and now it's back to bellyaching about the cold again.

Just no pleasing some folk or maybe it's all down to climate change after all ?
I started this thread & I don't believe you'll find any post in which I complained about excess heat!

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I read somwhere that Lidel Spain have got Electric blanckets on offer this week.
I'll be down there

Last edited by lunacrout; Oct 16th 2010 at 4:27 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lunacrout
Well - the wind's whipping down from the mountain as I speak. It IS warmer outside but I have to use the computer inside - maybe I should just go for a walk to warm up!
My neice is here from Orkney and sunbathing on the roof for several hours a day but we put the heating on at about 8 o'clock at night if we are sitting chatting. Only at 23 degrees and after an hour she's complaining about it being too hot. I have put the polar sheets on and the duvet cover and wear my pyjamas but most nights I feel too warm until about five o'clock in the morning. Next month the electric blanket will go on and bed socks as the floor will be cold if one has to get up in the night. Really it's still like a good British summer with the odd shower which lasts 15 minutes. Its more like Spring weather than Autumn so long may it last.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I laugh to hear the complaints, either for cold or for heat. Me I try never to bitch about the heat, as I know winter comes all too fast.

As in the almond tree.

She shook the flowering almond tree one sunny day
With her soft little hands,
The snowy blossoms on her breast and shoulders lay
And in her hair's dark strands
The snowy blossoms on her breast and shoulders lay
And in her hair's dark strands...

But when I saw my darling thus in snow
arrayed,
To her sweet side I sped
I brushed the gleaming petals from each
lock and braid,
I kissed her and I said:
I brushed the gleaming petals from each
lock and braid,
I kissed her and I said...

Oh, foolish one, to deck your hair so soon
with snow,
Long may you have to wait;
The dreary winter days when chilling north
winds blow
Do not anticipate!
The dreary winter days when chilling north
winds blow
Do not anticipate!
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:56 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people using words like bellyaching and complaints? I don't see any of this. I just see people commenting that it's a bit cooler.

It is a bit cooler - it's probably the best weather of the year right now. Not complaining = just commenting.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:06 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jimenato
It is a bit cooler - it's probably the best weather of the year right now. Not complaining = just commenting.
That's true enough.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:06 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Why are people using words like bellyaching and complaints? I don't see any of this. I just see people commenting that it's a bit cooler.

I was not referring to this specific thread, but to many I have seen over the past two years for instance, including winters springs summers and autumns.

Too hot, too cold too wet, too windy......etc.etc.

I actually have 2 electric blankets and a hot water bottle in Spain, but none of those in the UK, however thats mainly down to house construction and insulation factors, rather than the weather,where I confess Spain has a slight edge, for most of the year at least.

As my Swedish friends keep telling me,.."There is no such thing as bad weather,.. only bad clothes".

Though I'm not entirely convinced, (my UK locatiion being on a windswept Northern hilltop 1000 ft asl., snow in June), it must also be said that you can always dress against the cold, but it's somewhat difficult to dress against excessive heat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.