Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Annoying new fluorescent ads

Annoying new fluorescent ads

Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying new fluorescent ads

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have a kind of weird Birth certificate made when I was about 12 so that I could get back into the UK for hospital.
So after discussions that you didn't really exist some time ago, you're now telling us that you can't prove you were born
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:43 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
So after discussions that you didn't really exist some time ago, you're now telling us that you can't prove you were born
Sadly no, I am told that a few people born in "difficult" countries have had the same problem.

My closest friend lives in NZ now and she was born in Kenya, had to leave when the Mau Mau were getting a bit heavy, and she has the same problem.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought the same, but my problem is that there is no record, simply because the records from Iran were all destroyed, of me being born at all.

I have a kind of weird Birth certificate made when I was about 12 so that I could get back into the UK for hospital.

That was lost when I went to OZ many moons ago and when I tried to get a new one a few years back I couldn't get one issued, so my new passport has nothing in the status bit.
so you really don't exist then
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
so you really don't exist then
I am not actually here no.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I am not actually here no.
I will pm you ;-))
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

but to the original point of the thread

there's one there right now - on my screen anyway- which blocks the 'drop down' menu ie shrtcuts etc., because it's in front of it:curse:
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lynnxa
but to the original point of the thread

there's one there right now - on my screen anyway- which blocks the 'drop down' menu ie shrtcuts etc., because it's in front of it:curse:
you must be smoking the same stuff as Keith, I have nowt!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:12 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I am going to persist with this after suffering a particularly annoying bout of flashing jiggly fluorescent ads.

How do I get these ads blocked??? Some of you are obviously not seeing them (despite not being mods or premium members).

Now I tried that add blocker thing that Matt recommended but my computer went all wierd on me and wouldn't let me log into BE. I got this error message......In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.......so had to deactivate the add blocker to be able to log in.

Now what?????

BTW, I already have the pop up blocker activated via the tools menu. But they arent popups anyway.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:15 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Ok, I am going to persist with this after suffering a particularly annoying bout of flashing jiggly fluorescent ads.

How do I get these ads blocked??? Some of you are obviously not seeing them (despite not being mods or premium members).

Now I tried that add blocker thing that Matt recommended but my computer went all wierd on me and wouldn't let me log into BE. I got this error message......In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.......so had to deactivate the add blocker to be able to log in.

Now what?????

BTW, I already have the pop up blocker activated via the tools menu. But they arent popups anyway.
Was it Adblock plus?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:21 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Was it Adblock plus?
Is that the name that you gave me before? Nooo, I don´t think so. You said Add Blocker so that´s what I looked for.

So now I´ll go hunt down Adblock plus.

BTW - I'm having a few moments of peace. The ads seem to go in cycles and at the moment I have the text only google ads which are nice and soothing!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Now what?????

We are trying to find the ad so we can block it, but we haven't yet figured out which ad network its coming from. However I find your attitude really frustrating, obviously trying to block the ads is causing you problems so why don't you just pay the small amount of $10 to become a premium member and then you won't see the ads at all?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:25 pm
Straw Man.

Is that the name that you gave me before? Nooo, I don´t think so. You said Add Blocker so that´s what I looked for.

So now I´ll go hunt down Adblock plus.

BTW - I'm having a few moments of peace. The ads seem to go in cycles and at the moment I have the text only google ads which are nice and soothing!
Well you should know by now that I am always wrong!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:25 pm
has got a huge member

It is recommended to use at least Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0, SeaMonkey 1.1 or Songbird 0.2

To download Adblocker Plus I need to have one of these installed on my PC.

I´ve never heard of them. What are they and what do they do?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:31 pm
Straw Man.

It is recommended to use at least Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0, SeaMonkey 1.1 or Songbird 0.2

To download Adblocker Plus I need to have one of these installed on my PC.

I´ve never heard of them. What are they and what do they do?
Firefox, its a browser, and I am told by them that know, one of the better ones.

When I first joined BE I was on yahoo/BT, and it was always sooooo slow, I swapped on someone's recommendation, Bob's I think, and it really is brilliant, loads of free add ons, and fast.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:32 pm
has got a huge member

Firefox, its a browser, and I am told by them that know, one of the better ones.

When I first joined BE I was on yahoo/BT, and it was always sooooo slow, I swapped on someone's recommendation, Bob's I think, and it really is brilliant, loads of free add ons, and fast.
Ok, I´ll go for that one. So this means I will no longer be using Windows Explorer right? Any disadvantages of that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.