Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ahhhh!! remember those???

ahhhh!! remember those???

Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:52 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ahhhh!! remember those???

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
I bought a bottle of Tizer a little while back. It was bloody horrible. Tastes change I suppose.
My mum used to give me a bowl from the kitchen when the ice cream van came round, and he used to fill it with ice cream for us.

Also remember asking the ice cream man for a cup of coke with a blob of ice cream in.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I used to have a Sindy doll and a tiny tears doll.
Weren't Sindy an inferior British copy of Barbie, like Tommy Gunn was of Action Man? Not calling you Pikey or anything. Oops I hope Lee Ryan's not reading the thread.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:58 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Weren't Sindy an inferior British copy of Barbie, like Tommy Gunn was of Action Man? Not calling you Pikey or anything. Oops I hope Lee Ryan's not reading the thread.

I dont know the answer to that one, but I dont think I knew about Barbie when I was younger.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:10 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

I've stiil got a whole bagful of silver sixpences. I use them as golf markers. Does anyone remember the Corona man?
Yup, we used to buy cream soda and lemonade, my little sister couldn't pronounce it and so her word, lemmolade became the 'family' name for it, my Mum got a very strange look when she asked for it!!
We also used to have an egg man, and a flower lady, who was a true Romany, and used to sell lovely plants door to door!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind Lee Ryan - Marco Pierre White is a very sexy man.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I've stiil got a whole bagful of silver sixpences. I use them as golf markers. Does anyone remember the Corona man?
Yep, and who remembers the rag and bone man.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Never mind Lee Ryan - Marco Pierre White is a very sexy man.
Have you read White Slave - it's brilliant.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you read White Slave - it's brilliant.
I will now!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:29 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Rainbow drops, 1d for a bag, just loved them had a bag every day at lunch time and two on Saturday. Fruitsalad's and blackjacks 8 for 1d or 4 for 1/2d
can even remember 2 for a farthing. Mojo's, jublee's (orange flav) had a shop near my school where you could buy a glass of fizzy pop (get me fizzy pop) for 1d. Love the Spanish Gold and monkey nuts oh and those little lollypops that were made of two coloured chalky stuff, you can still get them but they don't taste the same. Chocolate covered bananas and milk bottle the original ones that were covered in a fine white milky powder, my dad used to buy me a 1/4 every Sunday on the way to my aunts house. Think I had better stop now could go on for ever, oh those were the days my friend's 1953 - 1964 the best sweets ever
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Rainbow drops, 1d for a bag, just loved them had a bag every day at lunch time and two on Saturday. Fruitsalad's and blackjacks 8 for 1d or 4 for 1/2d
can even remember 2 for a farthing. Mojo's, jublee's (orange flav) had a shop near my school where you could buy a glass of fizzy pop (get me fizzy pop) for 1d. Love the Spanish Gold and monkey nuts oh and those little lollypops that were made of two coloured chalky stuff, you can still get them but they don't taste the same. Chocolate covered bananas and milk bottle the original ones that were covered in a fine white milky powder, my dad used to buy me a 1/4 every Sunday on the way to my aunts house. Think I had better stop now could go on for ever, oh those were the days my friend's 1953 - 1964 the best sweets ever
I can remember buying sweets at "four a penny" which is a farthing each, so that would add up as you are a few years older than me - ha ha!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think the non choc sweets were better than the choc ones. Apart from Chewing Nuts which I loved but they could fetch your fillings out in seconds.

Does anyone else eat Haribo? I love the stuff.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Dandelion and Burdock fizzy drink then add a lump of icecream into it.

Yummy!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a bottle of Tizer a little while back. It was bloody horrible. Tastes change I suppose.
Special treat and only in the summer holidays - Tizer float - Tizer with icecream - lovely
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

And when we went to Butlins for our annual two week trip - Knickerbocker Glories - God they were so big in those days!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SueG
Knickerbocker Glories - God they were so big in those days!
Not as big as Gloria Bicker's knockers or Gloria Bocker's knickers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.