Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Abandoned in the campo

Abandoned in the campo

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:55 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abandoned in the campo

Yes, give us updates
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:01 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Pics and updates daily I think not to mention some with her new sibling
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Jengreg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St. John
She seems to have settled in nicely (Like taken over the place!)

Lots of crying in the night but I steeled myself against it.

Won't bore you with any more pictures after these two.
I just sent the update of Missy round Mass Gen Hosp where I work. You and Missy are the best thing that happened this week.!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

My latest addition to the family was a kitten who was found floating down the river in a plastic bag with three siblings - he survived, the rest did not.

Here he is.

The charity that found him is here.

http://www.casnews.info/

They have loads of pics of animals that have been abandoned - it is a big problem here and they need to raise a huge amount of money every month just to keep going.

Last edited by Fred James; Jul 23rd 2010 at 3:44 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:54 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh oh golly...at last we have a thread that we are all in agreement
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 4:16 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

my 2 cats

the oldest one was going to be drowned by the mother's owners if we didn't take her - 4 and a bit years ago

the other one we got from a local rescue centre a few months ago - she's now about a year old

her original owner - a local restaurant - had just dumped her on 'the cat lady'

the older one - Smudge - wasn't exactly impressed when I brought Biscuit home - lots of hissing & spitting

after they'd been together about 2 weeks we took this picture

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

so far.. we have 8 dogs and 13 cats.. all rescued

we´ve only got a blimin townhouse ! hahah...they eat more than we do !
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:14 am
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, I found out from the Internet that you can't give a puppy under 12 weeks old any proprietary treatments for fleas. The article I read advised a mixture of warm water, apple cider vinegar and white toilet soap. Got the vinegar but no white toilet soap so settled for Johnsons baby shampoo instead. She had to be immersed in the mixture up to her neck and massaged with the baby shampoo. She was not impressed. I however was impressed at the number of dead fleas and their eggs in the bottom of the bowl. She is now sleeping it off in the sun. Camera is on the blink so no photo's (I hear a sigh of relief all over Spain). We both smell like a mixture of Harry Ramsdens on a busy night and the aftermath of a bomb going off in Elizabeth Arden's.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

Pleased to see there are others who can't turn an animal away. Unfortunately my husband says we can't take on a dog - think it is something to do with the 15 cats who own us which are allowed in the house/bed and anywhere else they want (hence my name), plus the other 5 from down the road who call and eat from bowls on our window ledge (their Spanish family do feed them but I think they are hedging their bets). I do have my indoor cats doctored and did have another female done - don't think it was the one mentioned above as it "belonged" to another Spanish family who live down our road but she had decided no matter what she was going to live in with us and I didn't want more kittens. That was until the man from the local bar left two 2 1/2 week old kittens in a box on our garden table - he said he thought they were ours. Quick trip to the vet for kitten milk and bottles and they are now nearly 6 months old and doing well.
Would like to see more pics of your new addition when you can.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:31 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
Would like to see more pics of your new addition when you can.
If you are referring to our rescue cat he's now a year old. I won't clutter up the forum with pics but you can see a few at http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/118335...eat=directlink
Old Jul 26th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Right, I found out from the Internet that you can't give a puppy under 12 weeks old any proprietary treatments for fleas. The article I read advised a mixture of warm water, apple cider vinegar and white toilet soap. Got the vinegar but no white toilet soap so settled for Johnsons baby shampoo instead. She had to be immersed in the mixture up to her neck and massaged with the baby shampoo. She was not impressed. I however was impressed at the number of dead fleas and their eggs in the bottom of the bowl. She is now sleeping it off in the sun. Camera is on the blink so no photo's (I hear a sigh of relief all over Spain). We both smell like a mixture of Harry Ramsdens on a busy night and the aftermath of a bomb going off in Elizabeth Arden's.
Am being asked on the update of Missy - we are following her progress here in Boston. Glad she wasnt too outraged at her flea treatment....You are the best
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your interest. She has settled in quite well and makes no noise at night. I do have a problem though inasmuch as she obviously needs worming and I can't get anything I regard as safe from the local shop - a florist would you believe. She also needs all the usual puppy shots - and it ain't cheap!

We normally have a travelling vet at this time of year who comes for 2 nights and vaccinates dogs against rabies et al. He has been told by the mayor, who has to give permission for these things, that the Andalucian government have withdrawn permission for numbers of dogs to gather together for this treatment. When I see the mayor at one of the local bars or other I will ask him which he prefers - 2 nights of barking dogs getting rabies shots or half the population going down with rabies.

The fleas are a thing of the past but the ticks are tenacious little *!*%"'ds and have to be picked off by hand.

It is fiesta time here and most vets are closed - I'll have to keep trying and possibly be prepared to drive a long way to get any service at all. There is a vet about 20 miles away and will come to my house but he wants 100 Euros before the cost of all the medicines, which I just cannot afford.

She is happy enough tho', chewing everything in sight - principally myself.

Camera still on the blink so no photo's. Thanks again for asking.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your interest. She has settled in quite well and makes no noise at night. I do have a problem though inasmuch as she obviously needs worming and I can't get anything I regard as safe from the local shop - a florist would you believe. She also needs all the usual puppy shots - and it ain't cheap!

We normally have a travelling vet at this time of year who comes for 2 nights and vaccinates dogs against rabies et al. He has been told by the mayor, who has to give permission for these things, that the Andalucian government have withdrawn permission for numbers of dogs to gather together for this treatment. When I see the mayor at one of the local bars or other I will ask him which he prefers - 2 nights of barking dogs getting rabies shots or half the population going down with rabies.

The fleas are a thing of the past but the ticks are tenacious little *!*%"'ds and have to be picked off by hand.

It is fiesta time here and most vets are closed - I'll have to keep trying and possibly be prepared to drive a long way to get any service at all. There is a vet about 20 miles away and will come to my house but he wants 100 Euros before the cost of all the medicines, which I just cannot afford.

She is happy enough tho', chewing everything in sight - principally myself.

Camera still on the blink so no photo's. Thanks again for asking.
To think of the discomfort she must have been in with fleas and ticks and to have been so frightened too. I hope you can get the innoculations and worming done with minimum fuss to you since you have been such a lifesaver to this puppy. I am in the US and would be glad to get some worming treatment to you, but wonder if someone nearer could do so who is following Missy. Everyone here is anxious for an update so I am glad to give it to them. Thanks for the news of her..Everyone who knows this story here thinks you did such a wonderful thing!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

baz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nice

She also needs all the usual puppy shots - and it ain't cheap!

Hi To true st john , when ewe took our rosie in we took her ti the vets to see if she was chipped, to tell if she belonged to anybody, no chip so we had her chiped and she had her injections and then she had to be spayed, it cost 400 euros in the end but worth every penny
Baz
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:10 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

I do a lot of cycling in the mountains around andalucia. And I have seen the odd dog wondering around in the middle of no where. Sadly as on the bike, there isnt anything I can really do. Sometimes im not sure if they belong anywhere or not. Sadly not always.

I also seen some kittens darting around in the middle of the motorway. I wasnt sure. But i thought for a second it may have been the car infront further down the road that may have thrown them out of the window.
If i had seen that for sure, then I would not have cared about any damage to my car or legal implications. I WOULD HAVE RAMMED THAT A$$HOLE OFF THE ROAD!!!

Some spanish people treat animals terribly.

I had cycled to the top of siera bermeja in Estepona and this dog was wandering around. He liked Doritos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.