Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Abandoned in the campo

Abandoned in the campo

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:32 am
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abandoned in the campo

Took my dog for a walk this morning and way out in the campo I found this little creature just crying. Home, a bath (still not got rid of all the fleas) and some food and she seems OK. I can't believe that people can be so cruel.
Attached Thumbnails Abandoned in the campo-missy-4-22nd-july-2010.jpg   Abandoned in the campo-missy10-22nd-july-2010.jpg   Abandoned in the campo-missy13-22nd-july-2010.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Abandoned in the campo

She looks beautiful, I have no idea how or why they do it but I suppose life is cheap and if it is unwanted even cheaper. They say ignorance is bliss but it is no excuse.

We have been adopted by the dog we think from the next finca, he is about 6 - 8 months old and all he wants is a little love and affection and that we can supply in bucket loads, there is plenty to go round even with 2 other dogs . Strange how when we are not looking they find us out, but when they arrive it is not such a problem.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

What a gorgeous,very fortunate little puppy.

Are you going to keep it?

If so you should call it Lucky.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paintermujer
What a gorgeous,very fortunate little puppy.

Are you going to keep it?

If so you should call it Lucky.
I rang some friends this morning and told them what had happened and whether or not I have to inform anyone - like the police. They are still laughing. I will keep her and I have named her Missy. My other dog - whom I rescued aged 11 months 4 years ago and had to pay 1000 Euros for her corrective surgery - is not too impressed. She'll have to get used to it.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St. John
I rang some friends this morning and told them what had happened and whether or not I have to inform anyone - like the police. They are still laughing. I will keep her and I have named her Missy. My other dog - whom I rescued aged 11 months 4 years ago and had to pay 1000 Euros for her corrective surgery - is not too impressed. She'll have to get used to it.
A lovely happy ending at least for one of the unfortunate animals in Spain.

We have a kitten now which our older 12 year old cat is not impressed with either.And yes, she too will have to get used to it.

Sending a kiss to missy.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:48 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Aah, well done for keeping her ... Missy is very lucky indeed ... we have been taken over by two cats and our three dogs have gotten used to them now.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

I can't believe that people can be so cruel.
surprised you are so surprised.....happens all the time round here,and there aren't too many brits to take the little buggers in...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Jengreg is an unknown quantity at this point

You are truly a wonderful person. Over here in Boston, USA and your story has made my day. This darling little puppy has a chance because of you. Very touching to see the pics of her.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, well done - she looks great - seriously cute!

It's a problem isn't it? We have taken in three - one had to go as he started to eat our (rented) house. Trouble is people get to know and think you are a soft touch. We have the odd box of kittens outside our door from time-to-time - we simply have to ignore them - someone takes them away in the end.

We have a friend in the campo who has several dogs of her own and - at the last count - about 15 or so strays. She's always finding dogs tied up outside her gate. She is now forced (if she can't find them a home) to take them to the dogs charity.

On the upside - my friend has many cats - or a least he feeds many cats - he doesn't know how many there are or who owns them if anyone does. Anyway, he has one which is definitely his, has been for years. He didn't see it for a few days and assumed it would come back with a litter. Imagine how surprised he was when she turned up eventually not with kittens but a scar and stitches - she had been operated on - presumably spayed. This is puzzling as the only ones who would do that normally are Brits but he is surrounded on all sides by Spanish. He has no idea who has done this although he is pleased as he should have done it years ago. I think she was probably abducted by aliens and experimented upon ...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Took my dog for a walk this morning and way out in the campo I found this little creature just crying. Home, a bath (still not got rid of all the fleas) and some food and she seems OK. I can't believe that people can be so cruel.
You are a Saint.
I have a rescue dog. I didn't want one my daughter rescued him. He was hard work and I became involved helping. Dog sitting and going to classes with him. When she was going to take him back to RSPCA!!! I had to take him over. He gives us lots of love and pleasure he loves ladies, children, most men, but is not good with other dogs or delivery people.
I think he came from the 'dark side' he has Staffordshire markings and my vet says scars to his face look like he has been in fights with other dogs.
Perish the thought!! I would always take a rescue now. I may however look for the retriever type like this puppy rather than the terrier like mine.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:53 am
Account Closed

She seems to have settled in nicely (Like taken over the place!)

Lots of crying in the night but I steeled myself against it.

Won't bore you with any more pictures after these two.
Attached Thumbnails Abandoned in the campo-missy-1-23-july-2010.jpg   Abandoned in the campo-missy-2-23-july-2010.jpg  
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

baz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nicebaz259 is just really nice

Hi. If you can hear me Missy i think you fell on your feet there. To be serious a few minths ago we found a abandoned puppy out side our house, she was crying and barking for hours, she would not let anyone near. Having had three dogs in the past and still feeling the pain when you lose them we said no more. Yes you guessed it she is now happily chewing every thing insight.
Baz
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
A lovely happy ending at least for one of the unfortunate animals in Spain.

We have a kitten now which our older 12 year old cat is not impressed with either.And yes, she too will have to get used to it.

Sending a kiss to missy.
All my dogs are adopted and my cat (found in the street, like this). Nor me nor more people in this country we don't like the bullfighting nor we abandon the animals, in the same way that the rest of the world is not a garden of roses

Last edited by Relampago; Jul 23rd 2010 at 12:04 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

You don't generalize, because I will put on serious
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Jengreg is an unknown quantity at this point

She seems to have settled in nicely (Like taken over the place!)

Lots of crying in the night but I steeled myself against it.

Won't bore you with any more pictures after these two.
please please please bore us with pics and updates. Told everyone I work with here in the hospital and sent the link back to England to my family. Have thought about little Missy lots during the night and wondered how she got on. Gorgeous pics of her this morning, obviously surrounded by love.....you did such an incredible thing with your act of kindness. She looks so happy compared to yestedays pics. Adorable little girl!!!

Please send moe pics and updates!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.