Hout Bay killing

Old May 5th 2010, 7:22 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hout Bay killing

Originally Posted by Daxk
Yeah, I did one to many years ago, I suddenly started thinking about a lot of my "sowing wilds oats phase" and how careful I had NOT been.
It can have 10 years of dormancy (is that the right word)? Then every loose and easy shag from my past suddenly came rushing through my mind...
Old May 5th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
Lassies, or Lasses?

And I was offered a new job today, in telecoms. Not Telkom sadly. Then the suicide bomber option really would have been back on the table.
Lasses, I am an Animal lover but not of the prosecutable kind.
Old May 5th 2010, 12:58 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Teach you buggers to go chasing a skirt! I am delighted you love your furry friends in the appropriate way Daxk.
Old May 5th 2010, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Ed you have my sympathy.

Have you logged a complaint on hellopeter.co.za? I use to use it quiet a bit back when I was still in SA. In those days most companies generally did follow up on bad feedback about their services. Not sure these days though if its still as effective. You should at least give it a try? www.hellopeter.co.za

Being from the telecom industry myself, I use to know plenty of people working for Telkom, most of them have moved on and many of them are now here in AUS/NZ. So can’t help u out there.

Stop complaining, tuffen up. Deal with the incompetence of AA/BEE.
Old May 5th 2010, 4:47 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

KB - I have posted 3 Telkom complaints on there, gone to ICASA, the minister of communications and even Reuben September's office (the CEO) - and achieved the square route of bugger all.

Incompetence I can handle, laziness is expected, but the attitude of simply not giving a shit or providing even the illusion of service will lead me to taking up arms and joining the struggle against these bastards. Telkom just got added to the list. The abridged version.

1. Home Affairs
2. Dept of Transport / licencing
3. MTN (fine unless I want to make or receive calls within 2km of my house)
4. Standard Bank
5. My ex-wife
6. Traffic cops
7. Telkom
Old May 6th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

What is your actual problem with Telkom? The wires too short from the exchange to your front door? Something wrong with your bill? A telkom employee stolen the copper cables? Go make a post under the Telkom section on www.myadsl.co.za, that could get their attention!!!

My brother is so sick and tyred of his useless Telkom ADSL connection, he has actually stopped using it. He now uses a more expensive Vodafone 3G card. But he says at least its more reliable.

I finally learned that in SA if you want to get anything done quickly and efficiently you need to start right at the top. Don’t waist your time with callcenters. Sending emails, and leaving voice messages. It generally get you nowhere. No matter what service it is. You need to find somebody within the company that can help you.

A mate of mine ended up bribing home affairs with some beer and R100. He got his stuff sorted out within a few days. You have to give a bit extra these days. Otherwise expect lousy service. Its unfortunately the Africa way and its becoming the standard way of doing business.

Last edited by kiwibok; May 6th 2010 at 8:49 am.
Old May 6th 2010, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by kiwibok
What is your actual problem with Telkom? The wires too short from the exchange to your front door? Something wrong with your bill? A telkom employee stolen the copper cables? Go make a post under the Telkom section on www.myadsl.co.za, that could get their attention!!!

A mate of mine ended up bribing home affairs with some beer and R100. He got his stuff sorted out within a few days. You have to give a bit extra these days. Otherwise expect lousy service. Its unfortunately the Africa way and its becoming the standard way of doing business.
We ordered a phone line and ADSL on the 26th Feb. They demanded R700 deposit, paid the same day. Still waiting.

I am taking 12 beers and R200 to the local TAB betting shop - there are usually 4 or 5 Telkom vans parked outside it most days. An African solution for an Afircan problem?

I'll try the website, thanks for the tip.
Old May 6th 2010, 11:31 pm

Saffas in UK unsure who to vote for because all party leaders are white

As the UK goes to the polls in a critical general election today, South African expats used to voting along purely racial lines have admitted to being deeply confused about how to cast their vote. “All of them are white, bru,” said gap-year student Nicholas Bishops-Michaelhouse. “So how must I know which one to pick?”

Today’s election is expected to be Britain’s closest for decades, and resident South African citizens are entitled to vote due to their Commonwealth status. Thousands have confessed, however, to being “stressed and confused” by the proliferation of white faces standing for parliament.

“It’s not like back home,” said Fulham resident Bonita du Preez, originally from Welkom. “There you know you must sommer vote for the DA because they’re the only whites on the ballot sheet. And everyone knows that you have to stop the blacks getting a three-thirds majority or they’ll make us go from salt-water to chlorine pools, plus they want to nationalize gunite.”

Her concerns were echoed by many at a gathering of worried South Africans at the Wimbledon Slug & Lettuce last night.

“This whole voting vibe is just lank, lank hectic,” Bishops-Michaelhouse confessed while ordering 14 Snakebites at the bar. “It’s like the most hectic responsibility I’ve ever had to face.

“At least since Matric, when I was Head Boy and had to decide whether we should let ugly chicks come to our socials, because even though they were sif they might be skanks. This is even more hectic than that.”

The Slug’s bartender, Wesley van Rooyen, concurred. “English people keep asking me which party I support, and I’m like: ones with foam machines and foxy ladies getting their boobs out,” he said. “Then they look at me all skeef like I’m dof or something.”

“And I don’t even have Gareth Cliff to tell me what I should think about stuff,” he added, dissolving into tears. “I miss him so much.”

All South Africans present agreed that there had been a “deafening silence” from UK politicians on “the issues that really matter”.

“Everyone talks all this kak in this country about Iraq and nuclear weapons and the EU,” complained du Preez. “But nobody has said nothing about the fact that you can only get Zoo Biscuits from that one shop at the Wimbledon tube station, and sometimes they’re a bit stale.

“Also, they should stop gaaning aan about climate change,” she added. “If I was them I’d be blerrie grateful that their climate might change.”

The meeting ended with a lack of consensus about who to vote for, but unanimous agreement that they should pool their money to get a tray of Jaegerbombs for the road.

“It’s no secret that England has a crisis of leadership,” slurred Bishops-Michaelhouse as he stumbled out. “Look at that gigantic doos they used to let lead their cricket team.”
Old May 7th 2010, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Love Hayibo!

Ed, you guys have water or electricity problems yesterday?
I know 4 ways had? just wondered if it was widespread?
Old May 7th 2010, 12:19 am

No power and electric problems yesterday - but we had no power last Saturday for the whole day, but at least we were told in advance.

The power seems to have been ok recently. Maybe the 35% increases are being put to good use (what on earth am I saying?) Nurse!!
Old May 7th 2010, 1:10 am

We ordered a phone line and ADSL on the 26th Feb. They demanded R700 deposit, paid the same day. Still waiting.

I am taking 12 beers and R200 to the local TAB betting shop - there are usually 4 or 5 Telkom vans parked outside it most days. An African solution for an Afircan problem?
My wife got home from the shops, found a Telkom chappie in his van sleeping under a tree near our complex. R100 and a 6-pack later, and everything is working. 10 minutes, job done.

Gotta love Africa.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:46 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Ed, thanks for the chuckle..
Old May 7th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

My wife got home from the shops, found a Telkom chappie in his van sleeping under a tree near our complex. R100 and a 6-pack later, and everything is working. 10 minutes, job done.

Gotta love Africa.
There you go now.

Sooner you familiarize yourself with that african handshake the better.