Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:29 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default The Official Loners Thread

Post in here if you're not travelling with the OH or family.

*Desperately hopes not to be the only loner*
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:38 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve

sorry but that did make me laugh
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:05 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

I'm a sad loner as well. Thought I was the only one on here
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I think anyone who moves to another country on their own is very brave. Me and the Bloke have both said we couldnt do it without each other.

I hope you meet lots of fab people on your travels!!!

Louise&Mark&Bump xx
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

Hi Steve,

I'm moving to Melbourne on my own as soon as I get my visa, hopefully in March/April.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve

Going solo myself. cant wait to be honest.

Nothing keeping me here now

We are not loners, we are adventurious/crazy/mad/stupid/brave/*

*delete as nessecary
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:27 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by afroswede
Hi Steve,

I'm moving to Melbourne on my own as soon as I get my visa, hopefully in March/April.
where abouts in melbourne are you heading. I'm hoping to go somewhere on the mornington penninsula

Originally Posted by docgp
Going solo myself. cant wait to be honest.

Nothing keeping me here now

We are not loners, we are adventurious/crazy/mad/stupid/brave/*

*delete as nessecary
I reckon all the above apply
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:02 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

I did the backpacking thing on my own, definitely the way forward.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Glw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant future

I'm not looking forward to be alone. I couldn't live on my in Oxford for three weeks, living half-way across the world on my own with people I don't know for a few months is going to be a bigger challenge, but needless to say I need to grow up at some point!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Think of it as a great opportunity... I came over to Australia on my own (already had some family migrated over previously) and am now engaged to a beautiful lass I met over here... This has all been within the first year of having arrived..

If you can make the most of being un-encumbered to go out and meet people and travel around at the weekends. There are a lot of friendly people out here.

good luck

Alex
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:52 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Jut popping through to wish you all well,what lovely thread,hope you dont mind me dropping in,Iv got nothing to do with oz ,just thought Id drop off warm wishes and good luck to you all.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

On my own and looking forward to it.

I see it as a chance that some don't get as a family.

Look around OZ with open eyes, and clear mind, not constantly tring to justify your choices to someone maybe not 100% with you, if you know what I mean ??

Good luck to everyone, especially on this thread.

Alan
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

mickeyblueyes is an unknown quantity at this point

hey all i'am 26 an gonna make the move on my own i'am a bit scared about being totally alone but figure i'll make friends i hope !!
good luck everyone
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Alan-
Hi all,

On my own and looking forward to it.

I see it as a chance that some don't get as a family.

Look around OZ with open eyes, and clear mind, not constantly tring to justify your choices to someone maybe not 100% with you, if you know what I mean ??

Good luck to everyone, especially on this thread.

Alan
hey all, i'm 26 to and i'm looking like i'm going on my own can't wait really!!! its gonna be a ride of my bloody life!!! and i hope everyone else has the same experience!!!

take it easy and lets all keep in touch!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mickeyblueyes
hey all i'am 26 an gonna make the move on my own i'am a bit scared about being totally alone but figure i'll make friends i hope !!
good luck everyone
Hi Mickey,

Made friends already !!

Look in the UK meet ups at Cambridgshire thread.

We are hoping to plan a meet up in the near future, and it's not too far for you I suppose ??

Regards,

Alan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.