Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Sounds like a plan.

So what job will you be doing when you get out there?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:39 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by freckles1970
Sounds like a plan.

So what job will you be doing when you get out there?
I'm a Chef so I'll be stuck in some hot sweaty kitchen somewhere
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

well i teach some food technology so I will be in the same boat....just pray they have good air con!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:38 pm
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

well i teach some food technology so I will be in the same boat....just pray they have good air con!!
God I hope so Bad enough over here when we get one of those very rare hot days
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:08 am
Just Joined

gatecrasher is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm pleased to see I'm not the only loner!

I've already made the move to Perth but its not my thing so I am booking a ticket to Melbourne in the first half of 2008.

The move to Perth wasn't so bad as I had some family here, but over east I will really be starting from scratch... both exciting and a little scary at the same time
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just browsing on here (not looked for a while) and the loners thread made me chuckle as I too came out here on me todd. Have been in Melbourne now for around 6 months and have to tell you it is a fantastic city where you could not possibly be a 'loner' for long!

To all those Melbourne bound; if you need any assistance/tips, I'm more than happy to help out from this end. It was done for me so feel its only fair to do the same for you guys/gals.

Good luck

Last edited by parsonsjonny; Jan 27th 2008 at 10:02 am.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:27 pm
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paul30
I'm a Chef so I'll be stuck in some hot sweaty kitchen somewhere
Hanging around with you two sounds fun but could be murder on the figure!!!
ha ha!!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:34 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Also a loner, moved out here 7 years ago now (WHV, then Student Visa, got PR in October 07!). I get on so much better with my family from a distance....
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:41 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

I'm off on my own too.....backpacked on my own for a year before around OZ...that was 5 years ago and been trying to get back ever since

Now I have the visa, the prospect of going alone actually seems pretty scary

I am moving to melbourne, probably around july/august if everything goes to plan
Snap!! 5 years since I went as well. And I work in Berkshire, in Wokingham.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in the loners club too!

I think it's the best way to go, only have to worry about myself.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:40 am
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Hanging around with you two sounds fun but could be murder on the figure!!!
ha ha!!
well if your heading out melbourne way we can all get toghether for drinks once we're there
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Snap!! 5 years since I went as well. And I work in Berkshire, in Wokingham.

Five years must be the point then when you have to go back...now or never kind of thing. Leaving a lot behind but feel I still have to do it.

Perhaps we should see if there are any others in the local area and try to arrange a meet up? Would certainly be good to speak to others in the same boat, might even settle the nerves a bit!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

I'm another going on my own. I going to Adelaide, any single people heading there?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:37 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
sorry but that did make me laugh
Why does this thread have 43 replies instead of 43 seperate threads
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wats123
I'm another going on my own. I going to Adelaide, any single people heading there?
I am! Won't be for a while though, only just doing my Vetassess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.