Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:36 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by moonstaruk
Hi all! Hows things with everyone? I'm in a pretty decent place at the moment, I've done all interviewing, decided on where i want to be so just got to wait for my offer which will be next sunday when the regional manager gets back, then its get the 457 visa process rolling, I so hope its not too complicated to get! I was climbing snowdon yesterday in wales which was rain/wind/sleet/hail/wind some more wind and a rainbow! but it was beautiful, i forgot how nice it actually is! love ya all! x

Aww we love you too moonie! 457's look pretty simple to me - you'll be over there in no time. Fingers crossed for next sunday. Why is it always about waiting? And when you get there - dont forget about us lot who are still here trying to escape!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Aww we love you too moonie! 457's look pretty simple to me - you'll be over there in no time. Fingers crossed for next sunday. Why is it always about waiting? And when you get there - dont forget about us lot who are still here trying to escape!

pony - hi!! have sent you a PM.

Hi all!!! Sounds like there is a lot of application/visa movement out there I am actually starting to believe I am going to do this ...and SOON!!! It won't be me but how is the race for "first one out" doing, do we think??

I can almost smell my visa!!! Feel totally on track!! Just waiting for PCCs to come back, meds in two weeks, practising my scanning skills so I can impress my CO (when I get one which is going to be very soon, I just know it!!). Also have found exactly the right place to look for the sort of job I want when I get my visa (bit of a niche market!!). There are some fantastic vacancies right now so I hope they don't dry up.

Hope you have some good news tomorrow, ScubaSteve!!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:48 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your visas

This threads gotten pretty big so haven't read through it all yet, whens everyone expecting to land and where abouts?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bello
Good luck with your visas

This threads gotten pretty big so haven't read through it all yet, whens everyone expecting to land and where abouts?
youve missed all the conversations on wing men, cakes, gentlemen in melbourne, loads.

anyway welcome to the TOLT, whats your story??

doc
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:43 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
youve missed all the conversations on wing men, cakes, gentlemen in melbourne, loads.

anyway welcome to the TOLT, whats your story??

doc
i'm going to have to skim read through it all

Not much of a story really, got my visa late last year (136 skilled independant) and have a one way ticket booked for the 6th october.
At the moment, just like the whole 9 months of visa stress, i'm playing the waiting to leave game.

I think times stopped doh!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Which expo mate?

I still haven't been able to talk to my employer so guessing it'll have to wait until Monday now. Plus, I have a hangover today. What a shit life it is in the UK.
The EXPO was in Edinburgh Scuba.

It was okay.

I had a demon hang over yesterday. Was steaming on the friday night

Got woke up on a night bus by the driver 5 miles past my stop.

Lucky the bus was going back in the direction where i live
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:55 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul76
The EXPO was in Edinburgh Scuba.

It was okay.

I had a demon hang over yesterday. Was steaming on the friday night

Got woke up on a night bus by the driver 5 miles past my stop.

Lucky the bus was going back in the direction where i live
I'm off to a worldwide expo (inc Oz) in Manchester on 8th and 9th of March. Then there's an Oz only one in Leeds on 5th and 6th April. I'll go to both I think!!! Cos I've nowt better to do these days.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

i'm going to have to skim read through it all

Not much of a story really, got my visa late last year (136 skilled independant) and have a one way ticket booked for the 6th october.
At the moment, just like the whole 9 months of visa stress, i'm playing the waiting to leave game.

I think times stopped doh!
can i ask why your taking your time??

is it money??

i think most people would be straight out there if they had a visa, i know i would

any way congrats on the visa.

doc
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

is it money??

i think most people would be straight out there if they had a visa, i know i would

doc
Me too!! (Noticed I am suddenly a "senior member" - is that like senior citizen?? I know I may be the oldest on here but that takes the biscuit!! "Small Member" or "Premier Member" , Bello?? Can't be both (or can you)
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:34 pm

is it money??

doc
Thanks good luck with yours.

Got it in one, money, right now i've only got 1k to my name so it's save save save for the next 7 months!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Me too!! (Noticed I am suddenly a "senior member" - is that like senior citizen?? I know I may be the oldest on here but that takes the biscuit!! "Small Member" or "Premier Member" , Bello?? Can't be both (or can you)
im a senior member what gives???

i havent done ANYTHING special???

awesom though that im a senior member

doc
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks good luck with yours.

Got it in one, money, right now i've only got 1k to my name so it's save save save for the next 7 months!
best of luck, can i ask how much you plan to take?

i told some one on another thread i was going with 2k they nearly died with shock!!!

i know its not much but im single, a guy, and not frightened by the thought about going with little money.

your thoughts guys and gals! is this a suicidal move??

doc
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:48 pm

i told some one on another thread i was going with 2k they nearly died with shock!!!

i know its not much but im single, a guy, and not frightened by the thought about going with little money.

doc
I'm looking to go with somewhere between $15000-20000 and fully expecting to pay my first 6 months rent upfront ($7000ish) then $3000 on a car, so leaving the rest to survive on whilst i settle in and find a job.

Must admit i did toy with what you're thinking about and just going with a couple of grand, i reckon its very doable!!
A few years ago i did the working holiday/backpacker thing and traveled most of the country on a few grand and worked on farms and bannana plantations, great fun if you don't mind hostels and van parks
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:01 pm
beach bum

doc
You're braver than I am. I'm hoping to take about £30k - plus I've got somewhere to stay so dont need any rent up front and I'm still papping my pants.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponyrama
You're braver than I am. I'm hoping to take about £30k - plus I've got somewhere to stay so dont need any rent up front and I'm still papping my pants.
i really do believe that i will survive on only a few grand, ok i will try and save as much as possiable but will only get about 5k as a good push and lots of overtime.

taking 30k is a good way to go about things but do you really need that much?

ok if you need to put a deposit down on a place but would you consider doing the same if you moved around the uk??

im sure everything will be ok when im out there but am slowly getting worried with the money side now,

some one restore my faith if they can

please

doc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.