Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:21 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by freckles1970
Five years must be the point then when you have to go back...now or never kind of thing. Leaving a lot behind but feel I still have to do it.

Perhaps we should see if there are any others in the local area and try to arrange a meet up? Would certainly be good to speak to others in the same boat, might even settle the nerves a bit!!
I'm leaving a lot behind as well. Shame everyone's going to Melbourne, I;m off to Sydney!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:00 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Im going to be doing Sydney at some point.....just dont know when yet!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
I'm leaving a lot behind as well. Shame everyone's going to Melbourne, I;m off to Sydney!
Sydney rocks, you'll be fine! Came over here on my own 4 months ago and it's great
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:29 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz-bound
Sydney rocks, you'll be fine! Came over here on my own 4 months ago and it's great
Was there for 5 months before, I love the place, can't wait to get back out there.

Last edited by Scuba Steve; Jan 29th 2008 at 9:37 am.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xzibit
I am! Won't be for a while though, only just doing my Vetassess!
Good luck with Vetassess!

I'm hoping to head out in July, so will have to keep you updated on what its like etc....if i ever get my visa!

Anybody else going to / or in Adelaide on their own?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Hi all - do you think I could join your thread or should I start my own as a single parent moving to Oz with kid?? Just joined - my first message sent!! So glad I found site!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey hey, we have a club already! I'm 25, heading for Sydney and ready to make my life there, feel very positive about it and know it'll suit me!

Would be nice in some ways to have someone to go with, but overall I'm glad that I will be free to make the life I choose there, and I love the fact that being in this situation forces confidence and action on you - I can see myself doing a lot of new things, and a lot of things that in the UK i might put off.

Being a loner is alright really Keep smiling!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Hi all - do you think I could join your thread or should I start my own as a single parent moving to Oz with kid?? Just joined - my first message sent!! So glad I found site!!
No you're right in here!!! Where in Surrey are you?

Edit to say migrating with a kid must take some balls!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the club lol.

Originally Posted by wats123
Good luck with Vetassess!

I'm hoping to head out in July, so will have to keep you updated on what its like etc....if i ever get my visa!
Cheers! If you could find me a rental and a job whilst your there, would be much appreciated!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Welcome to the site! Whereabouts are you heading?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers! If you could find me a rental and a job whilst your there, would be much appreciated!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pacey
Hey hey, we have a club already! I'm 25, heading for Sydney and ready to make my life there, feel very positive about it and know it'll suit me!

Would be nice in some ways to have someone to go with, but overall I'm glad that I will be free to make the life I choose there, and I love the fact that being in this situation forces confidence and action on you - I can see myself doing a lot of new things, and a lot of things that in the UK i might put off.

Being a loner is alright really Keep smiling!
Good to hear pal!!

I'm heading out in the next few months and going to sydney!!! I can't decide on where to live though!! I really like the look of double bay/bondi areas...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Well there's loads of great places to live, depends if you want the beach life, city life, quiet life.. or you can pretty much have all 3! That's what I love about Australian cities!

I know where i want to live already, but I'm going to hold off jumping straight in until i've explored a few other suburbs, just in case..

Beach, surf consistency, good cafes/restaurants/bars, easy city access and the "feel" of the area are my key factors - I think prices are largely the same everywhere unless you go really upmarket!

My sis lives in sydney and she's recently told me there is a "shortage of men" there. Ah just one more reason to go young free and single
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
No you're right in here!!! Where in Surrey are you?

Edit to say migrating with a kid must take some balls!
Thanks for welcome, Steve! We're in Staines area (is that Middlesex?!!? - never too sure!). Applied in August so must put details on August timeline. Waiting for CO. Are you up North? Thought I "heard" a northern twang in your reply!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Welcome to the club lol.

Thanks for the Welcome!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.