Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:49 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

The problems with Billy No Mates expats, is they make up odd numbers at our dinner parties.

Just aint cricket
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:21 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

there are friends out there for you,Victoria(bitter),Ron(Bacardi),Pam(and her 5 sisters)Ruby(Murray)Don Revie,Nelson Mandela,you just have to look harder....................
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:22 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:36 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

I forgot Hank(Marvin)Joe(Baxi)Bob(Hope)Clare Rayner,Pete Tong,remember youre never alone if you are psychophrenic...............
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:56 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
The problems with Billy No Mates expats, is they make up odd numbers at our dinner parties.

Just aint cricket
thats ok as us poms are bloody rubbish at cricket anyway
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:02 pm
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

so where abouts is everyone here planning on heading be nice to get to know people in same situation especially if heading to similar areas.
I'll hopefully be settling somewhere on the mornington penninsula (near Melbourne)
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul30
so where abouts is everyone here planning on heading be nice to get to know people in same situation especially if heading to similar areas.
I'll hopefully be settling somewhere on the mornington penninsula (near Melbourne)
perth somewhere, not sure where abouts but that side of australia
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:13 pm
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Im also going on my own........ ohhh scary!!! Think I'll come and bunk down with you lot!!!!!!

Made some cracking friends on here already that put up with my nattering
so Im hoping I wont be on my own for tooooo long!

Fizzzz
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:18 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Im also going on my own........ ohhh scary!!! Think I'll come and bunk down with you lot!!!!!!

Made some cracking friends on here already that put up with my nattering
so Im hoping I wont be on my own for tooooo long!

Fizzzz
I'm sure you won't be.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I'm off on my own too.....backpacked on my own for a year before around OZ...that was 5 years ago and been trying to get back ever since

Now I have the visa, the prospect of going alone actually seems pretty scary

I am moving to melbourne, probably around july/august if everything goes to plan
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough

I went on my own about 2years ago, billie is my best friend i talk to him all the time. In some ways it makes it better going on [I]your own your not held down by anyones constraints or ideas. But i would say it can also be very difficult as you only have yourself to rely on, but its all good, ill give some usefull help if anyone needs any
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozoz
I went on my own about 2years ago, billie is my best friend i talk to him all the time. In some ways it makes it better going on [I]your own your not held down by anyones constraints or ideas. But i would say it can also be very difficult as you only have yourself to rely on, but its all good, ill give some usefull help if anyone needs any
was in oz early last year for three months. i had a great time out there. went alone and loved it. no one telling/nagging/asking* you to do something you dont want to do.

i was able to do what i wanted and when i wanted. the next time i go i cant wait. it wont be be for three months but a lot longer if i fancy doing something on my own i will go do it, i know things might get a bit scary/lonely/depressing* but how hard is it to meet someone in a pub/shop/bus* stop and just talk.

ive done it so many times, just talking to the person next to you and have a conversation, humans are sociable and they need to interact with one another, it is only society that stops people talking to each other and making new friends/ lovers/enemies*.

do something in your life and go out and make it what you can

i know i will very soon

*delete as appropriate

Last edited by docgp; Jan 25th 2008 at 9:54 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:23 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by freckles1970
I'm off on my own too.....backpacked on my own for a year before around OZ...that was 5 years ago and been trying to get back ever since

Now I have the visa, the prospect of going alone actually seems pretty scary

I am moving to melbourne, probably around july/august if everything goes to plan
We could be neighbours I'm hoping to head out to melbourne arund June/July.
Maybe all us singlies who are heading for Melbourne should get toghether be nice to get to know other people in the same boat
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

We could be!

You say the mornington area...I'm really not sure where to go.I am a teacher so I guess that may dictate in a way as I will need to find a good school where the kids are not too bonkers!!!

Shame you are oooop north as I think loads of us meeting up would be a cool idea.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:01 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by freckles1970
We could be!

You say the mornington area...I'm really not sure where to go.I am a teacher so I guess that may dictate in a way as I will need to find a good school where the kids are not too bonkers!!!

Shame you are oooop north as I think loads of us meeting up would be a cool idea.
we'll all have to get toghether when we get down under

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.