GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:26 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default This article should make your blood boil. . . . . . . . .

http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008111048

A short extract:

MUMBAI- Even as the real estate industry in the country is reeling under the impact of the global economic slowdown, the UK-based company Dandara is offering fully furnished ??buy to let?? flats and apartments to the Indian middle class and high networth individuals (HNIs). By making a down payment, as low as Rs five lakh, people can own a flat in cities like Manchester, Glasgow and Hamil Hampstead on the outskirts of London, where the company is offering a UK Pound 350 million upgraded 25 storey flats.
All the legalities are handled by Dandara and owners can pay the remaining amount for their flats through the rent accrued from letting out the flats and apartments. ??Yes, things have changed since we entered the market in June,?? said Dandara (India), Director, Mona Jalota here.

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Regards

Hemingway
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice
Default Re: This article should make your blood boil. . . . . . . . .

Originally Posted by hemingway
http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008111048

A short extract:

MUMBAI- Even as the real estate industry in the country is reeling under the impact of the global economic slowdown, the UK-based company Dandara is offering fully furnished ??buy to let?? flats and apartments to the Indian middle class and high networth individuals (HNIs). By making a down payment, as low as Rs five lakh, people can own a flat in cities like Manchester, Glasgow and Hamil Hampstead on the outskirts of London, where the company is offering a UK Pound 350 million upgraded 25 storey flats.All the legalities are handled by Dandara and owners can pay the remaining amount for their flats through the rent accrued from letting out the flats and apartments. ??Yes, things have changed since we entered the market in June,?? said Dandara (India), Director, Mona Jalota here.

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Regards

Hemingway
Anyone understand what this bit means regarding the 350 million quid flats ?
Seems a bit much, surely there's only a few of us could afford that ?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: This article should make your blood boil. . . . . . . . .

Originally Posted by enfield951
Anyone understand what this bit means regarding the 350 million quid flats ?
Seems a bit much, surely there's only a few of us could afford that ?
I'm guessing they have bought an ex-coucil block and done it up - 25 stories probably means 100 flats, so that would only be £3,500,000 each (shome mishtake shurely?)

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

excelsior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008111222

DOE issues show cause notices for FEMA violations.

The Goa government, RBI, DOE, are all campaigning against foreigners owning property in Goa.
This is just a scam perpetrated by the authorities to dispossess foreigners of their property. One of them is the proof of intention to stay in India for an uncertain period of stay. Show me one visa or permit residency with an undetermined length of stay or undetermined expiry date. Let's not forget that India is still a third world country, nothing surprising that it is acting like a banana republic. Their ministers' sons are killing, raping foreigners and get away with it. Let's not forget about babush's role in land conversions for Russians. Was anything illegal back then ?! How come he is not being investigated and put up against a wall. Now it turns out the scapegoats end up being the Russians portrayed as a drug mafia. How easy and simple.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:29 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excelsior
http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008111222

DOE issues show cause notices for FEMA violations.

The Goa government, RBI, DOE, are all campaigning against foreigners owning property in Goa.
This is just a scam perpetrated by the authorities to dispossess foreigners of their property. One of them is the proof of intention to stay in India for an uncertain period of stay. Show me one visa or permit residency with an undetermined length of stay or undetermined expiry date. Let's not forget that India is still a third world country, nothing surprising that it is acting like a banana republic. Their ministers' sons are killing, raping foreigners and get away with it. Let's not forget about babush's role in land conversions for Russians. Was anything illegal back then ?! How come he is not being investigated and put up against a wall. Now it turns out the scapegoats end up being the Russians portrayed as a drug mafia.simple.
Read full article http//www.goanvoice.org.uk. where the BE site also gets a mention in the Navhinda times article
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Read full article http//www.goanvoice.org.uk. where the BE site also gets a mention in the Navhinda times article
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk (missed colon) -
or click here

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

...show cause notices ... have been issued to in six of the 482 cases being investigated
...has requested that the Goa government expeditiously send further information as regards to sale deeds of the properties purchased by 18 companies that were under investigation
cynical people have suggested that the other 450 odd cases were referred to distract attention from the 24 bad cases 'cos those were backed by politicians and friends.
I couldn't possibly comment!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:37 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Recent developments. . . . . .

Originally Posted by a_f_d
cynical people have suggested that the other 450 odd cases were referred to distract attention from the 24 bad cases 'cos those were backed by politicians and friends. I couldn't possibly comment! AndyD 8-)#
Hmmmmm!

There's definitely something that doesn't add up here - why only issue show cause notices to 6 (1.25%) of the 482 cases referred, I would be very interested to know if the 6 are individuals or companies & I would be especially interested to know what they had actually 'bought' - BECAUSE, yet again this article talks about "large scale land purchases by foreigners" - FNs with an apartment or a villa are not mentioned - from what I've read of Leonid Beyzer, I get the impression that ALL the apartments & villas purchased by FNs would fit inside the 'large tracts of land' bought by his companies up in the 'Morjim' area I think it was.

As for the other 18 companies, again I'd be interested to know the nationality of their 'directors' & the size of what they'd actually purchased???

Regards

Hemingway

Last edited by hemingway; Nov 12th 2008 at 8:28 am. Reason: thought better of it. . . . . . . . . .
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

For your info

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=7072&cid=10

The 18 companies were listed in July. They're all Russian owned (maybe 1 or 2 Ukrainian). We are hearing everywhere in the media that Russians have bought huge tracts of land. Is there something wrong with that in regards to the law or morale principles ?! As if they had committed some type of blasphemy. There is nothing wrong with buying huge tracts of land even if it was the case which is usually not and greatly exaggerated. The average seems to be between 1000- 5000 square meter per plot.
Russians want to make money like everybody else and not all are drug dealers. What is wrong with running a guesthouse & restaurant on your plot or a yoga center. But no, this despicable Goan government don't want outsiders making money and taking up "their" tourist business.

Regards
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really nice

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/goa-leade...relatedstories

http://www.livemint.com/2008/08/2800...latio.html?d=1

Worth a read, sound like really nice people to me
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:02 pm
I love apathy!

For your info

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=7072&cid=10

The 18 companies were listed in July. They're all Russian owned (maybe 1 or 2 Ukrainian). We are hearing everywhere in the media that Russians have bought huge tracts of land. Is there something wrong with that in regards to the law or morale principles ?! As if they had committed some type of blasphemy. There is nothing wrong with buying huge tracts of land even if it was the case which is usually not and greatly exaggerated. The average seems to be between 1000- 5000 square meter per plot. Russians want to make money like everybody else and not all are drug dealers. What is wrong with running a guesthouse & restaurant on your plot or a yoga center. But no, this despicable Goan government don't want outsiders making money and taking up "their" tourist business. Regards
Thanks for the link. By & large I'm not going to comment on what you've written, apart from the following extract from another article:

Leonid Beyzer, who still lives in Goa had, in 2005, bought 25,000 sq. m of land, including 19,906 sq. m of prime agricultural land in Morjim, North Goa, for constructing a resort. He was in India on a tourist visa, according to the directorate.

small plot? above board? FN purchasing agricultural land? RBI not happy with the source of the funds? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Sometimes I wonder how far the nonsense can go.

This video clip for those who haven't seen: http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv....aspx?id=25922

has 1st place record in the league of stupidity in my opinion.

Hilarious to see that they can't make the difference between the composer Tchaikovsky and Lenin.

Quote: <Most of the properties has been bought by the Russians>
Give me a break. It is well under 1% of total morjim.

Quote: <Leaving very little to the Goans> Yeah right. Who's selling in the first place ? :curse:

Quote: <one fitth of Morjim's population is Russian> During tourist season true maybe. During monsoon again less than 1%.

Quote: <economic espionage> What is that ?! spying on fishing activity, coconut snatching techniques ?

Aires Rodrigues didn't miss this one for his usual ranting litany.

Goans seem to want to have their cake and eat it too.

Regards.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by hemingway
Thanks for the link. By & large I'm not going to comment on what you've written, apart from the following extract from another article:

Leonid Beyzer, who still lives in Goa had, in 2005, bought 25,000 sq. m of land, including 19,906 sq. m of prime agricultural land in Morjim, North Goa, for constructing a resort. He was in India on a tourist visa, according to the directorate.

small plot? above board? FN purchasing agricultural land? RBI not happy with the source of the funds? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
I agree Hemmingway, nobody is saying he's an angel. Far from that.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:51 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree Hemmingway, nobody is saying he's an angel. Far from that.

The Enquiry should be centered on WHO SOLD THE LAND IN THE FIRST PLACE,
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
The Enquiry should be centered on WHO SOLD THE LAND IN THE FIRST PLACE,
and on the SUB REGISTRAR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.