Wimbledon

Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wimbledon

ROSOL

That is all
He might not win but he is perfect on the eye and down the line

Last edited by Eva; Jun 28th 2012 at 9:00 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon

With a bit of luck he may beat Murray in the final!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:37 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
With a bit of luck he may beat Murray in the final!
They'd meet in the semi finals.....

That Rosol / Nadal match was simply one of the most amazing tennis (if not sporting) matches I've seen in a very long time.

Even if you don't follow tennis it was amazing to watch. The stats are also off the scale. e.g. world rank #100 beats #2 & returns are faster than serves. Really Italy beating Germany was impressive but in terms of underdogs - this was massive.... fair play. Rosol also played a really cool appealing style...
Old Jun 29th 2012, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

A.B.M

Anyone but Murray
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:46 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Shame to see the Murray-haters out... I quite like the lad.

The Ward match was epic too though. Poor sod.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

The man is so far up his own arse he is eating his tonsils!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
The man is so far up his own arse he is eating his tonsils!
But while he wins, he's a Brit, can go back to being a Jock when he loses

He's still a cock off the court.

Really impressed with the tennis this year, seems far more open in both the mens and womens game, some really big matches from a lot of people.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

ABM
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:54 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
ABM
This whole Anyone But Murray thing is all a bit depressing. I know I'll not change your minds...

But I don't get why there is this attitude to a sportsman. Consider the following:-

Top 4 player of his sport worldwide, not just briefly, but consistently
Plays with passion
Plays attractive and exciting tennis
Has been in the semi finals of the last 7 grand slams
Is the best British player of his generation and for many, many years
Has a traditional British attitude to fight for every point

Etc etc....

I'm sure I'll get a list back as to his negatives - but if the main point is you think he's a dour Scot then that's a bit lame.

Does he deserve to be higher than 4 - not currently. The top 3 are better than him by a margin. The top 3 now is most probably the strongest top 3 players of all time. Though he has and can beat all three...

Will he win Wimbledon - maybe with some luck and Nadal being removed could help - although he still has 2 tough games before the semis...

Anyway - just saying - as I know everyone has their own opinion and this little post will not change those views...
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Autonomy
This whole Anyone But Murray thing is all a bit depressing. I know I'll not change your minds...

But I don't get why there is this attitude to a sportsman. Consider the following:-

Top 4 player of his sport worldwide, not just briefly, but consistently
Plays with passion
Plays attractive and exciting tennis
Has been in the semi finals of the last 7 grand slams
Is the best British player of his generation and for many, many years
Has a traditional British attitude to fight for every point

Etc etc....

I'm sure I'll get a list back as to his negatives - but if the main point is you think he's a dour Scot then that's a bit lame.

Does he deserve to be higher than 4 - not currently. The top 3 are better than him by a margin. The top 3 now is most probably the strongest top 3 players of all time. Though he has and can beat all three...

Will he win Wimbledon - maybe with some luck and Nadal being removed could help - although he still has 2 tough games before the semis...

Anyway - just saying - as I know everyone has their own opinion and this little post will not change those views...
All completely fair and I don't disagree.

I just spent the build up and two weeks of the Euros with a Scot in the office putting ABE at the bottom of every email.

If that's the level that the nation of my Father sit at then "if you can't beat them etc.." seems quite fitting.

Plus, it's tennis. You know, tennis. The sport nobody in the UK gives a shit about until Wimbledon.

Rather than a dislike of Murray, it's a childish dig back at someone who won't read this.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:07 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

It's much easier to like Murray if you avoid all UK coverage of him.

The foreign press tend to be much more measured in writing about him - neither the all-conquering Brit set to take back Wimbledon (again) nor a rubbish idiot who couldn't beat a blancmange*, but rather a very very good tennis player in an era of several very very very good tennis players.

* subtle reference
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:54 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

**** the mint. He's a british prick
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:18 pm