Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

Old Oct 21st 2012, 4:41 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

Originally Posted by shiva
you're either the most patient troll i've ever seen or genuinely bat shit crazy. perhaps both.
I am like an upper primary teacher and you are my pupils. You are young, ill-informed, ungrateful and stubbornly cling to your limited world view. But I am patient and one day you will thank me for the patience and effort I invested in you.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
that i am superbly informed.
Genuine question here.

Why do you, particularly, and others have so much knowledge about media outlets in the US?

Why does it interest people so much to want to spend time watching, reading, listening and learning?

Also, why do people like to put themselves in boxes of liberals, left, right, conservative etc etc?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 4:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I am like an upper primary teacher and you are my pupils. You are young, ill-informed, ungrateful and stubbornly cling to your limited world view. But I am patient and one day you will thank me for the patience and effort I invested in you.
which would makes sense since those that can do and those that cant teach.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 4:52 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

out of interest dubliner where do you stand of universal healthcare?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really feel it is necessary to point out that Haaretz is not American? I mean, if you aren't capable of deducing, based on all previous exchange, that i am superbly informed, then your perception and reasoning are really at a low level as suggested by your entries.

The rest of your entry is equally nonsensical. Can you imagine a staff meeting at say CNN and somebody says 'I will cover the plight of Uighurs'. Who cares about Uighurs (other than BBC who don't have to bother about the trivialities such as earning one's keep). I have had a pleasure of living in several countries and follow a multitude of media editions and I can tell you that mainstream media cares not about some fringe leftist issues. So to have a liberal bias a media does not need to go to extremes to please every bearded, sandal wearing, three hugging lefty. It is more than enough to stay within mainstream lefty issues.
So why did you even bring up Haaretz then, since it is obvious we are talking about American media here.

Seeing as how Chinese actions against Tibet and Uighurs is not something minor and seeing as how China is a major source of consumer good to the US, why wouldn't the media focus on major internal Chinese issues.

You know, one of the responsibilities of media is to report on international news.I don't expect them to report on Tibet and Uighurs with the same dedication as Uighur specific rights groups, but sheesh atleast do *some* reporting.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Arguing with you is like jumping into a sewage treatment plant's holding tank, even if one makes it out, one is still covered in @#$%.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:06 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So why did you even bring up Haaretz then, since it is obvious we are talking about American media here.
(Deep sigh). It was a part of the same statement and you were probably going to google it and try to raise it as an issue. That is why i put it in brackets thinking at least yo umay get some clue. But in vain.

Seeing as how Chinese actions against Tibet and Uighurs is not something minor and seeing as how China is a major source of consumer good to the US, why wouldn't the media focus on major internal Chinese issues.

You know, one of the responsibilities of media is to report on international news.I don't expect them to report on Tibet and Uighurs with the same dedication as Uighur specific rights groups, but sheesh atleast do *some* reporting.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-31/w...on?_s=PM:WORLD

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/28/wo...nce/index.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/as...ile/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/08...ighur-muslims/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06...jack-in-china/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03...stralia-visit/

http://sys11.msnbc.msn.com/id/480757...hurs?q=Uighurs

Not enough I suppose. You will note (incha'allah) that MSNBC is a tad more critical and one sided than Fox which is fairly balanced in reporting on the issues China faces with Uighur separatists.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:07 am
Banned

Arguing with you is like jumping into a sewage treatment plant's holding tank, even if one makes it out, one is still covered in @#$%.
Not if you're an open minded lefty.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Scamp
Genuine question here.

Why do you, particularly, and others have so much knowledge about media outlets in the US?

Why does it interest people so much to want to spend time watching, reading, listening and learning?

Also, why do people like to put themselves in boxes of liberals, left, right, conservative etc etc?
Politics is my hobby.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:08 am
Banned

which would makes sense since those that can do and those that cant teach.
So what exactly is it that you're doing on the subject of US media?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:11 am
Banned

out of interest dubliner where do you stand of universal healthcare?
All for it as long as it is mandated to cover botox and contraception. Free for all buffet.

The Swiss model isn't that bad from a practical perspective. The trouble in the US is that the current model has nothing to do with market solutions. It is heavily regulated and corporatist. This is why it is expensive. It is also grossly unfair that companies pay for policies with after tax money and the individuals do not. That's another failed liberal policy designed to entice companies to provide healthcare packages while screwing individuals and small companies. What lefties don't realize is that there is no free lunch. The employee is paying for it whether the company buys it on their behalf or whether the individual buys it. Those who design such stupid policies haven't spent a single day in a real mid-senior managerial job looking at operational costs and overheads related to employing a staff member.

Last edited by Desert Dubliner; Oct 21st 2012 at 7:15 am.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

So what exactly is it that you're doing on the subject of US media?
i would be commenting, sorry didnt realise i needed your ****ing permission to do so

Last edited by shiva; Oct 21st 2012 at 10:09 am.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

What lefties don't realize is that there is no free lunch. The employee is paying for it whether the company buys it on their behalf or whether the individual buys it. Those who design such stupid policies haven't spent a single day in a real mid-senior managerial job looking at operational costs and overheads related to employing a staff member.
funny that because in terms of US politics its lefties who advocate more not less taxation. regarding politicians in real work that is something i actually agree with you on.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

when and why exactly did the word liberal become a bad thing in america?

really its a serious question.

i am by any account a fairly right wing conservative, in america though it appears that i am a communist these days.

its clear that there is no winning of this argument no convincing you but the truth will always be the truth, fox spouts utter rubbish and it fools millions as it does so, their being convinced alters the underlying truth not one jot though.
sorry but its true, fox is political propaganda entitled but entirely unrelated to news.
It never ceases to amaze me that being liberal in one's views is allegedly a bad thing. How can being open-minded and free of bigotry ever be wrong?

Funny how those on the right froth at the mouth about this apparent liberal bias, yet it rarely happens the other way around, despite American politics being largely a choice of right wing and very right wing. That'd be the liberals, being liberal and not trying to stop other from having differing opinions then.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:48 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
It never ceases to amaze me that being liberal in one's views is allegedly a bad thing. How can being open-minded and free of bigotry ever be wrong?

Funny how those on the right froth at the mouth about this apparent liberal bias, yet it rarely happens the other way around, despite American politics being largely a choice of right wing and very right wing. That'd be the liberals, being liberal and not trying to stop other from having differing opinions then.
The definition of liberal will tend to vary from region to region. Frequently differing from the dictionary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.