Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:19 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
MSNBC could do with a good slap too. ABC has no more of a liberal slant than reality does, and CNN is a special case. As in it needs to be looked at by a doctor.

However, none of them compare to the bias and downright lies broadcast by Fox News.
It is quite clear you never watched MSNBC, ABC or even FOX. You're just jumping on the FOX bashing bandwagon. Hot air coming out of you, not more.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:35 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

93% of journalists in Washington DC vote Democrat, but Fox is a f***** problem!? This is the thing, you will never hear conservatives calling for MSNBC, BBC, ABC, CNN, NYT and other 'news' media be shut. No sir. We have good manners and respect for pluralism. We will debate and we will defend your right to air your opinions (where else we can get a good laugh?). But there is always lefties calling to shut down Fox, shut down Rush Limbaugh, etc. This tolerance for opposing opinions is probably due to their immense open-mindedness so widely shared amongst the lefties.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:53 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
93% of journalists in Washington DC vote Democrat, but Fox is a f***** problem!? This is the thing, you will never hear conservatives calling for MSNBC, BBC, ABC, CNN, NYT and other 'news' media be shut. No sir. We have good manners and respect for pluralism. We will debate and we will defend your right to air your opinions (where else we can get a good laugh?). But there is always lefties calling to shut down Fox, shut down Rush Limbaugh, etc. This tolerance for opposing opinions is probably due to their immense open-mindedness so widely shared amongst the lefties.
The problem is they aren't broadcasting facts. They're lies. Not everything they broadcast is a lie, but a significant chunk of it's 'news' is either down right false, or severely twisted.

And I have watched all of them.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 4:31 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

are you on drugs?
conservatives in america haven't debated anything in at least a decade, they spout vitriolic bile and peddle barely disguised racist shite under the labels, opinion debate and free speech.
that doesnt even scratch the surface of what that vile machine fox is and does.
Goebbels would be proud to call fox one of his he could barley dream of the reach, political clout and seeming immunity to public prosecution for peddling hate that it has.

i genuinely question the intelligence of any fox viewer who isnt watching out of a perverse desire to see the show unfold.

i respect your right to be a conservative, i respect your right to call other channels biased, i respect many rights but the right to defend a clearly and somewhat ****ing obviously bullshit channel isnt defence of free speech, its defence of imposed and deliberate ignorance and racism, its defence of the right to take advantage of the stupid for political gain.

you know what, **** it i cant even be bothered to type any more.

fox is shite, end of and such blatantly obvious shit that i am now convinced anyone who believes any of its shite is a straight out oxygen thief.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 5:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
The problem is they aren't broadcasting facts. They're lies. Not everything they broadcast is a lie, but a significant chunk of it's 'news' is either down right false, or severely twisted.

And I have watched all of them.
I don't think you get it. All of them are broadcasting facts. In today's environment it is very hard to fool people by broadcasting good old-fashioned lies as the internet pundits and other news channels quickly cop on and react. This is why you will find reporting inaccuracies are few and far between and do not constitute a part of the o called agenda setting policy each news media channel has.

What tends to happen is that the factually correct piece of news is presented either out of context or with an opinion attached to it. Either that, or there is a clear focus on presenting a certain types of news (i.e. ones damaging or supporting a party or an issue). Had you watched MSNBC hard enough, which you clearly didn't, for sure you would have had it included on your 'let's ban them list'. Not only MSNBC, you could also include some other more venerable media like NYT, NPR, USA Today because according to PEW Research Centre, all of them fall in the same ball park with Fox in terms of 'believability' criteria.

Furthermore, to reinforce my point that most other media is blatantly pro-liberal, check PEW believability rating sorted as per party affiliation and you will find all media other then FOX is more trusted by those affiliated with Democrats, some like MSNBC, ABC and CNN by a very wide margin.

Therefore thanks god Fox exists to provide at least some balance in US media reporting.

http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/08/8-16-12-7.png

There is a lot to be said about BBC. Whenever I spend a week in a hotel where BBC is the only choice, I come out thinking the world is about to explode from global warming. They have an obvious agenda compatible with the UK civil service opinions and policies.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 5:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by shiva
are you on drugs?
conservatives in america haven't debated anything in at least a decade, they spout vitriolic bile and peddle barely disguised racist shite under the labels, opinion debate and free speech.
that doesnt even scratch the surface of what that vile machine fox is and does.
Goebbels would be proud to call fox one of his he could barley dream of the reach, political clout and seeming immunity to public prosecution for peddling hate that it has.

i genuinely question the intelligence of any fox viewer who isnt watching out of a perverse desire to see the show unfold.

i respect your right to be a conservative, i respect your right to call other channels biased, i respect many rights but the right to defend a clearly and somewhat ****ing obviously bullshit channel isnt defence of free speech, its defence of imposed and deliberate ignorance and racism, its defence of the right to take advantage of the stupid for political gain.

you know what, **** it i cant even be bothered to type any more.

fox is shite, end of and such blatantly obvious shit that i am now convinced anyone who believes any of its shite is a straight out oxygen thief.
Nothing in this post deserves to be dignified with an answer. This is a rant and a rubbish one at that.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 9:35 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing in this post deserves to be dignified with an answer. This is a rant and a rubbish one at that.
Shiva's no lefty. By no stretch.

Balance my arse. Fox is universally ridiculed as a source of BS and outright lies. There is none so blind as those who will not see.

http://foxnewslies.net/
Old Oct 19th 2012, 9:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Shiva's no lefty. By no stretch.

Balance my arse. Fox is universally ridiculed as a source of BS and outright lies. There is none so blind as those who will not see.

http://foxnewslies.net/
Equally you have websites that document the lies and bias of the left leaning media:

http://www.mrc.org/

An argument like 'universally ridiculed' is utter rubbish. What matters not is universal opinion of ill-informed, great unwashed. What matters are facts and if you want to stand out from the great unwashed you may want to educate yourself on the subject and check the PEW research according to which the venerable NYT is equally believable as Fox. If Fox deserves shutting down as a lying and biased media, so do MSNBC, NYT and USA Today.

Be balanced, if you propose that being balanced and impartial is a virtue.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 10:07 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Equally you have websites that document the lies and bias of the left leaning media:

http://www.mrc.org/

An argument like 'universally ridiculed' is utter rubbish. What matters not is universal opinion of ill-informed, great unwashed. What matters are facts and if you want to stand out from the great unwashed you may want to educate yourself on the subject and check the PEW research according to which the venerable NYT is equally believable as Fox. If Fox deserves shutting down as a lying and biased media, so do MSNBC, NYT and USA Today.

Be balanced, if you propose that being balanced and impartial is a virtue.
A quick google reveals that MRC are a conservative operation.

On December 22, 2011, Media Research Center president Bozell appeared on Fox News and suggested U.S. President Barack Obama looks like a "skinny ghetto crackhead".

So yeah, let's be balanced and impartial.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 10:14 pm
Banned

A quick google reveals that MRC are a conservative operation.

On December 22, 2011, Media Research Center president Bozell appeared on Fox News and suggested U.S. President Barack Obama looks like a "skinny ghetto crackhead".

Really? You had to use google for that? It says on the front page: The Leader in Documenting, Exposing and Neutralizing Liberal Media Bias.

And did you perhaps think foxnewslies.net is run by the GOP?

You've some logic on your side.

Last edited by Desert Dubliner; Oct 19th 2012 at 10:17 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 10:22 pm
Excess Baggage

Really? You had to use google for that? It says on the front page: The Leader in Documenting, Exposing and Neutralizing Liberal Media Bias.

And did you perhaps think foxnewslies.net is run by the GOP?

You've some logic on your side.
You're the one imploring us all to be "fair and balanced", yet you quote right-wing sites. I'm leftie, you're rightie...we both twist facts and figures to suit our arguments. What does it really matter? The truth is somewhere in between.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 10:42 pm
Banned

You're the one imploring us all to be "fair and balanced", yet you quote right-wing sites. I'm leftie, you're rightie...we both twist facts and figures to suit our arguments. What does it really matter? The truth is somewhere in between.
Well, you quoted a left-wing site run by a self proclaimed liberal.
And what does that matter for the argument?? Take matters at the order of merit rather than resorting to high-school-playground name-calling.

Secondly, I am not imploring anyone to be fair and balanced. But some here pretend to be fair and balanced while in fact they are clearly not as they favour one side over the other. My point was that Fox brings some balance into the predominantly leftist US media and that those who call for it to be closed down should by the same logic call for closure of several other news media editions in the US.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 10:49 pm
Banned

And BTW you cut out the rest of the quote:

"......reacting to MSNBC's Chris Matthews' assertions that Newt Gingrich "looks like a car bomber" with "no media backlash."
Pretty fair and balanced on your behalf.

While we're at it, have a look at the CV of the MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews. Pretty f**** fair and balanced.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 11:32 pm
Excess Baggage

http://makethemaccountable.com/myth/LiberalMedia.htm
Old Oct 20th 2012, 5:04 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

You want to know the reason so many journalists hate Fox? Simple. Because it doesn't broadcast facts.

If everyone else reports an Apple is an Apple, Fox will report it's an Orange because an Apple would make Obama look good, and we can't be having that now, can we.

Yes, as I've said, the other media does have a bias and a liberal slant. However, that doesn't stop them from reporting the facts. They keep their bias for opinion shows. Fox doesn't. And therein lies the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.