Weekend plans?

Old May 8th 2018, 10:00 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Was my Birthday weekend and I managed to fit in Fizz on the balcony, Jacuzzi party, a jam with my pal to a small audience, 5 hours fishing (Caught one fish) and dinner at Hakkasan.

Not bad as birthday weekends go, and my team managed to make the playoffs to potentially a trip back to the UK at the end of the month.
Old May 9th 2018, 6:05 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

This weekend will consist of mainly sitting on planes trying to get from Dubai to Doha First time i've been since the crisis and its a serious PITA. See you Saturday Kuwait airport .
Old May 9th 2018, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for a hike and a BBQ on Friday, and Saturday my yoga class.
Old May 9th 2018, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
See you Saturday Kuwait airport .
Feel sorry for you - Kuwait Airport is so horrible to waste time in !

This weekend is fishing on Friday (final) then an Indian concert on Friday night. Saturday is back on the gym - i want crank some long and easy mileage runs
Old May 12th 2018, 4:36 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Feel sorry for you - Kuwait Airport is so horrible to waste time in !

This weekend is fishing on Friday (final) then an Indian concert on Friday night. Saturday is back on the gym - i want crank some long and easy mileage runs
boarding in KWI to DOH, I have never seen such chaos. I thought I was in a mid_african hole.
Old May 12th 2018, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

boarding in KWI to DOH, I have never seen such chaos. I thought I was in a mid_african hole.
You are so lucky you didnt have to set foot outside the airport - usually there is only one conveyor belt working with 3 flights - usual waiting time is 1 hour + !!

There is a new airport opening but thats been said since i arrived here 10 years ago lol
Old May 13th 2018, 11:56 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
You are so lucky you didnt have to set foot outside the airport - usually there is only one conveyor belt working with 3 flights - usual waiting time is 1 hour + !!

There is a new airport opening but thats been said since i arrived here 10 years ago lol
Which is why I never check luggage anywhere unless its a trip in excess of a week.
Old May 14th 2018, 12:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Which is why I never check luggage anywhere unless its a trip in excess of a week.
Had a boss moan at me for checking luggage to India for 2.5 days.
It's hardly life ending to wait a few minutes at the belt and definitely worth it to not have to carry or wheel a case through an airport, onto a plane, dicking around and then again the other end.
Nor is it fun to go shopping for tiny miniature bottles of everything for liquids / gels. How do you decant aftershave nicely?
Nobody like the person with big hand luggage.

Come on Shed, stand and stretch your legs for a few minutes after the flight. It's nice.
Old May 14th 2018, 3:14 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Scamp
Had a boss moan at me for checking luggage to India for 2.5 days.
It's hardly life ending to wait a few minutes at the belt and definitely worth it to not have to carry or wheel a case through an airport, onto a plane, dicking around and then again the other end.
Nor is it fun to go shopping for tiny miniature bottles of everything for liquids / gels. How do you decant aftershave nicely?
Nobody like the person with big hand luggage.

Come on Shed, stand and stretch your legs for a few minutes after the flight. It's nice.
I do stretch my legs nicely by legging it through the airport as fast as possible to avoid the masses at immigration/customs/taxi stands.

Scamp, I think it depends on how much you travel. I typically do 2-4 or more sectors per week and am pretty organized. Yes, I have the small bottles for shampoo and shower gel for decanting and also buy little bottles of aftershave, shaving foam etc. With a lot of the airports in this region regularly taking one hour plus to deliver luggage coupled with the fact that I'm often arriving late evening and just want to get my head down, that time at the belt becomes pretty valuable.

Each to their own.
Old May 14th 2018, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I do stretch my legs nicely by legging it through the airport as fast as possible to avoid the masses at immigration/customs/taxi stands.

Scamp, I think it depends on how much you travel. I typically do 2-4 or more sectors per week and am pretty organized. Yes, I have the small bottles for shampoo and shower gel for decanting and also buy little bottles of aftershave, shaving foam etc. With a lot of the airports in this region regularly taking one hour plus to deliver luggage coupled with the fact that I'm often arriving late evening and just want to get my head down, that time at the belt becomes pretty valuable.

Each to their own.
What if you're travelling with someone who's the opposite and checks their bags?

I ask because I got moaned at like there was no tomorrow by one in particular because he had to wait for me (not long I might add). Was quite fun.
Old May 14th 2018, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What if you're travelling with someone who's the opposite and checks their bags?

I ask because I got moaned at like there was no tomorrow by one in particular because he had to wait for me (not long I might add). Was quite fun.
either travel alone ... I generally always try and book a different flight to colleagues... or you say something like : breakfast 8am yeh? And go.

Old May 14th 2018, 4:43 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

I just leave them behind. Yup, Mrs Shed knows to pack a roll along or get some seriously grumpy conversation at the other end.
Old May 14th 2018, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse

either travel alone ... I generally always try and book a different flight to colleagues... or you say something like : breakfast 8am yeh? And go.

Same colleague once, on a trip, said to me - breakfast at 8 and we'll leave at 0830.
Walked downstairs at 8, he'd changed his mind to breakfast at 0730 and leave at 0800. Laughed at me when he told me.

Some people are just ***** eh.