Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK Petrol hits £1.99 a litre!!

UK Petrol hits £1.99 a litre!!

Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:48 am
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Petrol hits £1.99 a litre!!

Originally Posted by madferrit
A Devon petrol station has been charging £1.99 a litre - more than £9 a gallon - as nearly 400 forecourts in the county suffered dwindling supplies!

BBC Link

Time to leave the country me thinks
I just want to inform you that in Canada, it is currently 93 Canadian cents. That is about 60 pence a liter, and complaints are going rampant. The worst was 1.50/Liter when the pound was 2.20/ pound, so that would still make it only 65 or 70 pence.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Umpatan
I just want to inform you that in Canada, it is currently 93 Canadian cents. That is about 60 pence a liter, and complaints are going rampant. The worst was 1.50/Liter when the pound was 2.20/ pound, so that would still make it only 65 or 70 pence.
and we give a toss about the price of petrol in Canada because....?

... because ... ?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:42 am
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by admon
and we give a toss about the price of petrol in Canada because....?

... because ... ?
I just want to let you know how the rest of the world is not necessarily paying those outgrageous prices now as oil has dropped in price significantly.

So I think that you fellas are getting screwed over somehow, and it doesn't seem right.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Umpatan
I just want to let you know how the rest of the world is not necessarily paying those outgrageous prices now as oil has dropped in price significantly.

So I think that you fellas are getting screwed over somehow, and it doesn't seem right.
Umpaloompa... You may have noticed that this thread ran almost 9 months ago, while there were tanker driver strikes going on in the UK. It had nothing to do with the Crude price at the time, it was someone trying to make an obscene amount of money during a supply and demand moment...

Last edited by TGFKASE; Mar 5th 2009 at 4:59 am.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Umpaloopa... You may have noticed that this thread ran almost 9 months ago, while there were tanker driver strikes going on in the UK. It had nothing to do with the Crude price at the time, it was someone trying to make an obscene amount of money during a supply and demand moment...
comments of a pedant those..
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

comments of a pedant those..
Who, the Umpaloompa or me....???
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Who, the Umpaloompa or me....???
the umpalumpah hasn't got the capability..
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:21 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

the umpalumpah hasn't got the capability..
Being called a pedant by the prince of pedantry... Im gonna quit while Im ahead...
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:23 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Being called a pedant by the prince of pedantry... Im gonna quit while Im ahead...
Haha...admonished by admon

Last edited by MacScot; Mar 5th 2009 at 6:29 am.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MacScot
Haha...admonished by admon
Aye, admon administered an admonishment.....
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:26 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, admon administered an admonishment.....
Aye...but you're taking him too alliteratively !