Scotland

Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:15 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotland

Originally Posted by Scamp
Your home is in Fareham?

Dirty PO postcode.
Portchester actually. And far nicer than scummerland.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Portchester actually. And far nicer than scummerland.
Cosham then.

Dad just sold his house in Port Solent. That was as far in Portsmouth / Fareham as I was ever willing to go.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Bit of a slog up to Aberdeen, especially with all the speed cameras North of Perth.
I often go 'home' to Aberdeen and with my wife and I driving we can do the trip from Fareham in 9 hours, including meal break and change overs. But we've done it hundreds of times.
nah done it many times, you get to know where the cameras are really arent that many but usually do journey from manchester airport or from shropshire
Old Jun 25th 2014, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
nah done it many times, you get to know where the cameras are really arent that many but usually do journey from manchester airport or from shropshire
Yeah, there aren't any cameras between Perth and Dundee. There are a fair few between Dundee and Aberdeen, but they're bright yellow and you can see them from miles away. Dundee to the north side of Aberdeen, given you still have to go through the city, is a 1.5hr journey.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Yeah, there aren't any cameras between Perth and Dundee. There are a fair few between Dundee and Aberdeen, but they're bright yellow and you can see them from miles away. Dundee to the north side of Aberdeen, given you still have to go through the city, is a 1.5hr journey.
yeh exactly there arent that many and they are pretty easy to spot. i know where the places are, i drive up past aberdeen and north pretty often!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

There are however mobile vans with 'safety cameras' deployed randomly.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pongo
There are however mobile vans with 'safety cameras' deployed randomly.
yeh but again they have to be fairly obvious as well as the yellow boxes.... if you are concentrating on driving you should spot them as well... after all i am very good at spotting all the unmarked police cars along here!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I'm fairly sure that Scotland is empty as they all live here...
I'm fairly sure in universe mundo - including UAE expats will be in Scotland
this summer if not for the Fringe,the Franchise debate or in Fact, for the Games.
Shiva..are you home then?

X
Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Take wet weather gear, warm clothes and fly repellent for Scotland. We're going to be just south west of Edinburgh end of this week and the forecast doesn't look too hopeful

Or is it too early for midges? Wretched things look upon me as an enormous moveable feast
Little bastards don't adhere to 'seasonal'
Not their fault really as they respond to wet climes....
Well,Scotland is famous for rain.

Come in second though -only behind noseeums( stateside) indiscriminate plagues upon thy houses
Old Jun 27th 2014, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Also tour The Trossachs and Perthshire if you have the time.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 10:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Afternoon all,

Looks like the Mrs fancies a bit of a trip north of the border this summer.

We're in North Yorkshire for a wedding (if anyone knows of a translation book, it will help) and I suggested going up and up to play some golf and go see some sights / greenery / have some time away from it all.

I've got family in Dundee, but long story short I've not spoken to / seen / had any contact with in over 20years. I've tried getting in touch but they don't seem that interested - Dad must have fallen out with them to a greater extent that he's willing to tell / admit to etc.

ANYWAY. It's been suggested that Loch Lomond would be a lovely place to go, the old man agrees and suggest the weather is marginally better on the Western side.

Looking to go only for a few days - 3-4 maybe and play some golf, see some sights and ****ing relax.

Suggestions would be really useful, I think if we go West a bit, then we could come back down to civilisation via Liverpool / Manchester - might be worth staying a night and seeing those places too (never been to the former, only to Old Trafford in the latter).

Any suggestions for Scotland welcome, don't want to have to drive too far up, but golf course / hotels / location suggestions welcomed with open arms.

Thanks in advance.
ScampgoestoScotland
Well you qualify for entry to the Kingdom of Scotland on the first count.
And that is : You're a bammer by the way for choosing to holiday in Scotland
' THIS SUMMER '....

Clue: Commonwealth Games
Edinburgh Festival
Ryder Cup.

You will pay at least 50% more for hotels
For the crappiest hotels which in any other day of the calendar are described as
(IMHO) student/ homeless accommodation
I can name most of the golf courses on the west coast and hotels one would typically stay at(mike wot says Lochgreen- I say Highgrove) including Turnberry.
Wildings restaurant is a must if you like seafood.

As a golf fan, flying into Scotland then you have to go to St Andrews surely?
To that photo shot on the swieken bridge?
Take in the University and the Lammas Fayre on the cobbled street of this
enchanting royal town.
You might get more reasonable hotel rates if you move out ever so
slightly.Think that might be what your pater was saying @ staying in Dundee
Commutable at knock down prices.
Have to say,even Dundee will probably be fully booked by now given the games
start 23 July.Have you ever been to Berlin?or Paris..or Moscow?
You are just choosing the best place at the wrong time.

P.S

Elie should not be missed,just for its beauty.

X
Old Jun 28th 2014, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Eva
Well you qualify for entry to the Kingdom of Scotland on the first count.
And that is : You're a bammer by the way for choosing to holiday in Scotland
' THIS SUMMER '....

Clue: Commonwealth Games
Edinburgh Festival
Ryder Cup.

You will pay at least 50% more for hotels
For the crappiest hotels which in any other day of the calendar are described as
(IMHO) student/ homeless accommodation
I can name most of the golf courses on the west coast and hotels one would typically stay at(mike wot says Lochgreen- I say Highgrove) including Turnberry.
Wildings restaurant is a must if you like seafood.

As a golf fan, flying into Scotland then you have to go to St Andrews surely?
To that photo shot on the swieken bridge?
Take in the University and the Lammas Fayre on the cobbled street of this
enchanting royal town.
You might get more reasonable hotel rates if you move out ever so
slightly.Think that might be what your pater was saying @ staying in Dundee
Commutable at knock down prices.
Have to say,even Dundee will probably be fully booked by now given the games
start 23 July.Have you ever been to Berlin?or Paris..or Moscow?
You are just choosing the best place at the wrong time.

P.S

Elie should not be missed,just for its beauty.

X
Thank you

As a 21 handicapper I don't deserve the likes of St Andrew yet. I have decided it's a reward one day when I get to 14. Also, for my partner and I to play these courses it's 3-500 GBP!

Berlin and Paris yes, I'm not interested in Europe at the moment though, this trip is revolving around a wedding, otherwise we'd be heading East!
Old Jun 28th 2014, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you aware of 2-fore-1 and other similar offers....
Old Jun 28th 2014, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pongo
Are you aware of 2-fore-1 and other similar offers....
Go on?
Old Jun 29th 2014, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Golf Courses in Scotland | Golf Courses | Today's Golfer

And don't discount St Andrews out of hand, plenty of hackers play on the 6 courses there and you can savour the atmosphere. Likewise staying in Dundee or Fife, there are lots of excellent courses and plenty to do....you could always get the train to Edinburgh/Glasgow for the day.

Last edited by Pongo; Jun 29th 2014 at 6:47 am. Reason: Spolling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.