Scotland

Old Jun 30th 2014, 6:56 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotland

Originally Posted by Scamp
Because I know no better.
clearly
I want to play golf there.
its scotland, you literally cant be more than 20 mins from a golf course anywhere but the highlands
My Dad suggested one of those three places.
does he dislike you at the moment?
I want to be on the coast.
why? its ****ing freezing
Nobody can seem to really agree on what's best.
spoilt for choice thats the problem
I don't want to go further North..
borders, dumfries and galloway, loch lomond, perthshire........
I don't want to go East.
as a west coaster who was forced to live on the east coast for over a decade i can see why
Old Jun 30th 2014, 7:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
as a west coaster who was forced to live on the east coast for over a decade i can see why
Because I know no better.
clearly - ok.
I want to play golf there.
its scotland, you literally cant be more than 20 mins from a golf course anywhere but the highlands I want to play on the coast.
My Dad suggested one of those three places.
does he dislike you at the moment? He suggested West Coast - he used to go as a kid
I want to be on the coast.
why? its ****ing freezingBecause it's what I want
Nobody can seem to really agree on what's best.
spoilt for choice thats the problem Apparently not?
I don't want to go further North..
borders, dumfries and galloway, loch lomond, perthshire........Going to Loch Lomond and Glasgow. D&G - Hasn't popped up, any suggestions of where? Perthshire - isn't that either Perth on the East side or inland?
I don't want to go East.

Anyway, I'm not really looking for a lot. I want to go somewhere quiet, where I can take the mrs for a nice dinner and a few drinks, play some golf, see some beautiful countryside and a have a nice, relaxing time.

I think a combo of Loch Lomond, Glasgow (Staying near the Uni, will do some shopping and Ashton Lane?), then Prestwick will hopefully achieve all of this.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 7:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to Prestwick I think. Parkstone Hotel - any thoughts / comments?
Dated.
Limited choice in Prestwick but as I said before The Dome & Elliots are OK, The Taj for yea olde fashioned flock wallpapered curry house In general all the bars are safe for Suverners, unlike some of the ones in Ayr in the rougher part North of town. Everywhere in Prestwick is walking distance, it's joined to Ayr and about 7 pounds taxi trip or take the train, it used to be 2 pounds.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 7:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Dated.
Limited choice in Prestwick but as I said before The Dome & Elliots are OK, The Taj for yea olde fashioned flock wallpapered curry house In general all the bars are safe for Suverners, unlike some of the ones in Ayr in the rougher part North of town. Everywhere in Prestwick is walking distance, it's joined to Ayr and about 7 pounds taxi trip or take the train, it used to be 2 pounds.
To be honest mate it's the best pick of a very limited supply (lots of places booked up). I'm not really keen on B&Bs generally, I think they're a bit creepy. Not sure why.

I'll probably get it booked up, I can deal with dated. Will only be there to sleep probably. Thanks for the dinner tips mate.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 11:41 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the dinner tips mate.
Afwhan!
Old Jun 30th 2014, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Honestly if you are only going to Scotland for a few days I'd go up to the Oban/Mull/Loch Lomond area.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Methil !
Old Jun 30th 2014, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Cumbernauld - for that 'Gregory's Girl' effect....
Old Jun 30th 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

well for sea side lol ...powfoot golf club (if they let you in)...Southerness both good to play.links.
Southerness is #1 course in D&G ,,,#31 in uk.
powfoot # 80? in uk .
rankings iirc.
jimmy.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jamesmc
well for sea side lol ...powfoot golf club (if they let you in)...Southerness both good to play.links.
Southerness is #1 course in D&G ,,,#31 in uk.
powfoot # 80? in uk .
rankings iirc.
jimmy.
Ta
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'm now set on the Western coast. Lomond and Prestwick etc etc.

Going to be looking and booking tonight. Probably need to print this thread!

Your home is in Fareham?

Dirty PO postcode.
Thank you

As a 21 handicapper I don't deserve the likes of St Andrew yet. I have decided it's a reward one day when I get to 14. Also, for my partner and I to play these courses it's 3-500 GBP!

Berlin and Paris yes, I'm not interested in Europe at the moment though, this trip is revolving around a wedding, otherwise we'd be heading East!

I didn't say play the course.
On Sunday you can walk the course for free.

Troon
Have you tried Piersland Lodge for accommodation?
Darley and another course(?) are municipal - call for Tee times.

Gailes Irvine plus Gailes Hotel good value(Simpsons Hotels)

Parkstone Hotel ......
Nice view of the sea.

I would try Holiday Lettings,Homlidays or Owners Direct for a nice apartment
instead.
X

I would also endorse the doonhamers Shiva and James
Dumfries & Galloway is beautiful....try a wee stop off in Kipford then onto
Kirkcubright

Majestic

Last edited by Eva; Jul 9th 2014 at 11:14 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Has anybody mentioned Turnberry or Marr Hall - both have golf courses beautiful attached and you can sometimes get fab weekend deals. Good choice staying near Glasgow Uni -I'm home next week and can't wait! Ashton Lane - yup afternoon time sitting outside the chip or in the beer garden of Brel - however also for eating there is the Hanoi Bike Shop but if you go onto Argyle Street in the West End there are lots of lovely trendy restaurants that have opened - like old salty( fish and chips) crab shak panevino italian/ wine bar. Google them and have a brilliant time - with the commonwealth the city should be jumping. Ps if the weather is nice when you are in the west end - buy picnic stuff from Waitrose at the top of Byres Road and just go lie down on the grass with the masses at the Botanic Gardens (also at top of Byres Road) ps if you have not booked accomodation I would suggest doing it quickly for Glasgow because of the Commonwealth - Trivago and Bookings.com are good.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:29 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Methil. I work here. A few miles east of here and it gets really quite nice. Loads of golf courses as well, with St. Andrews just along the road of course.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I'm in Methil. I work here. A few miles east of here and it gets really quite nice. Loads of golf courses as well, with St. Andrews just along the road of course.
Hello, stranger! Keeping well?
Old Jul 14th 2014, 1:33 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, not too bad thanks. Yourself?

Just lurkin' here. Seeing who's still about and if much has changed. Evidently not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.