The Royal Wedding

Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by commander
i thought Harry's (williams step brother) uniform was about 2 sizes too big for him.

Now if they wore the uniform of the senior service, it would have been different. understated.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I wish I was in London! Thought it was fab though, she looked gorgeous- definitely something odd going on on the boob area but gorgeous all the same. They look to be a very happy couple, so wish them all the best.

I thought Charles looked very well and Queeny looked great for a lady in her 80's! Beatrice and Eugene looked terrible- and best hat for me was Tamara Palmer Tomkinson- fab Philip Treacy number.

My favorite moment however was when they arrived at Buckingham palace and the coach driver was helping Kate out and was handed the train of her dress, he looked around for a moment as if to say what the hell do I do with this and then just dropped it- very funny. Anyway what a fantastic show of grandeur!

That boob area thing............

Deanlette reckons she mush have had prominently erect nipples, and they were trying their.... er.... hardest to hide them.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by kittycat1
This is Britain showing the world our history, a ceremony that you won't see anywhere else. All the pomp and ceremony, it is impressive no matter how much of a miserable bugger you are. If you don't normally feel proud of being British then today you can.
But this is something anti-Royalists wouldn't understand, they see the Monarchy simply as a system of hereditary office but don't know or understand the history of the ordinary people with the Monarchy. In an ever changing world with new politics for every generation we have always had one family we look to for leadership, a constant in the traditional English (if I dare say "British") way of life.

Sure we have fallen out a few times with them (and them with each other and us) but since James II and the Bill of Rights really we've had rather a good thing going. We still trust the monarchy with Royal Assent and ultimate control of that unruly beast of parliament, they trust us in electing a suitable government (something we haven't always been so good at). It's an imperfect system, as all systems of government are, for an imperfect people but what is the point of a country without a sense of place and belonging that history gives us?

I think that's why Americans often have secret Monarch envy. They lack that sense of continued reform and process in government, like a moody teenager trying to distance themselves from their parents but now realizing full well that America needs to confront it's own problems without a constant in government to turn to. Would we want to try and fill those holes with the unjoyful inequality of rampant capitalism and unflinching consumerism?

In summary: Being English has it's merits .
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:57 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
But this is something anti-Royalists wouldn't understand, they see the Monarchy simply as a system of hereditary office but don't know or understand the history of the ordinary people with the Monarchy. In an ever changing world with new politics for every generation we have always had one family we look to for leadership, a constant in the traditional English (if I dare say "British") way of life.

Sure we have fallen out a few times with them (and them with each other and us) but since James II and the Bill of Rights really we've had rather a good thing going. We still trust the monarchy with Royal Assent and ultimate control of that unruly beast of parliament, they trust us in electing a suitable government (something we haven't always been so good at). It's an imperfect system, as all systems of government are, for an imperfect people but what is the point of a country without a sense of place and belonging that history gives us?

I think that's why Americans often have secret Monarch envy. They lack that sense of continued reform and process in government, like a moody teenager trying to distance themselves from their parents but now realizing full well that America needs to confront it's own problems without a constant in government to turn to. Would we want to try and fill those holes with the unjoyful inequality of rampant capitalism and unflinching consumerism?

In summary: Being English has it's merits .
To be fair, you could argue we're halfway there (the capitalist/consumer bit). I don't think that many people, be they pro-royalist or republican, think about or even understand the complicated historical context, and probably just see the younger members of the Royal Family as little more than extravagant celebrities to read about and gawp at in the tabloids and trashy magazines.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

snigger
Attached Thumbnails The Royal Wedding-royal-wedding.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

William is going bald at rather a young age.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:19 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
But this is something anti-Royalists wouldn't understand, ....... In summary: Being English has it's merits .
Well put good sir...
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:20 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
William is going bald at rather a young age.
I shouldn't imagine it had much impact on his marraige prospects being a prince and perhaps a future king of England.

Girls dig titles as you well know count von boomhauer ;-).
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:47 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Well put good sir...
It's difficult to talk about history in a way that doesn't make it sound like a load of stuffy old nostalgia wheeled out so we can feel good about ourselves. History should be insightful and relevant, even contradictory at times...ours is all the above.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Over 1,000 Brits at one "street party" in Dubai, really?http://en.news.maktoob.com/200900007...ty/Article.htm
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:07 pm
Banned

PunkStep is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Whenever I mention the temperature in Dubai on FB, your mother starts telling me to watch out for skin cancer. I take it she realises it's the sun and not the heat than can cause it?
Yes, and when I go skiing my wife always tells me to wear sun block because I'll be "closer to the sun". The sun is 93 million miles away so I don't think one mile going to make a difference. I'm no scientist but I think the sun light is more intense on the slopes because it's going through less of the earths atmosphere, and it's all reflected back up into your face. I don't usually correct her, I normally just reply with a "yes dear". That is the best way to deal with situations like that.

And lets be honest friends, we all watched the Royal Wedding

Last edited by PunkStep; Apr 30th 2011 at 2:14 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

i thought Harry's (williams step brother) uniform was about 2 sizes too big for him.

Now if they wore the uniform of the senior service, it would have been different. understated.
Prince William looked like something out of thunderbirds
Old Apr 30th 2011, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, yes, yes......... but what about little sister Pippa???

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23096297/
Attached Thumbnails The Royal Wedding-pippa-middleton.jpg  
Old May 1st 2011, 3:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Well put good sir...
So well put, I mean, its all about England isn't it.

Its that English arrogance coming to the fore again.
Old May 1st 2011, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

So well put, I mean, its all about England isn't it.

Its that English arrogance coming to the fore again.
Here we go......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.