The Royal Wedding

Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:28 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
I don't see the point or appeal of the royal family, don't understand the undue attention heaped on this wedding. It just doesn't seem relevant at this point in history.
Baaaahh Humbug!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

What is different between this wedding and a well known's celeb's wedding, feels like the same thing.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I wouldn't say I am particularly a royalist, however this is our future kings wedding. In a lifetime you might see this twice or three times. Charles, William and perhaps his future children. This is Britain showing the world our history, a ceremony that you won't see anywhere else. All the pomp and ceremony, it is impressive no matter how much of a miserable bugger you are. If you don't normally feel proud of being British then today you can.

You can't even begin to compare this to a normal celeb wedding. This is our future monarchy- of course the country should celebrate!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy Kitty I have downloaded My Royal Gypsy Wedding, now that I will enjoy!! (not that I am not happy for the real Royals)
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:29 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Earl and Countess of Strathearn.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm reporting in from Hyde Park.

Its been absolutely brilliant, its the most English day I've ever had. For the first time in eons London is indisputably an English city. I'm not the most keen royalist, but there's something about today that makes you feel very connected to the long, long and long history of England. Its fantastic being about today celebrating this brilliant marriage and I wish the couple the best of British luck.

Got to say, whoever dressed princess Beatrice and her sister should be taken out back and shot.

The two gays in our group, both from posh backgrounds and bankers in the City, had their gaydars go off big time when James Middleton appeared on the screen for the first time today. I asked why, and they said it was because of his forehead. Apparently a lot of gay men have large, shiny foreheads.

You learn something new everyday.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:33 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83

Its been absolutely brilliant, its the most English day I've ever had. For the first time in eons London is indisputably an English city. I'm not the most keen royalist, but there's something about today that makes you feel very connected to the long, long and long history of England. Its fantastic being about today celebrating this brilliant marriage and I wish the couple the best of British luck.

Got to say, whoever dressed princess Beatrice and her sister should be taken out back and shot.

The two gays in our group, both from posh backgrounds and bankers in the City, had their gaydars go off big time when James Middleton appeared on the screen for the first time today. I asked why, and they said it was because of his forehead. Apparently a lot of gay men have large, shiny foreheads.

You mean like that bloke Cameron?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83

been out all day, just catching up on Sky News. I have to say she made a lovely Bride, thought William and Harry looked a mess though. Glad the weather held out for them.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

It was fabulous to watch. I really enjoyed it. and i am not even British,lol.
They really showed the world how to pull off a royal wedding. Stunning!

Was great to see so many happy people for a change.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Alexa
It was fabulous to watch. I really enjoyed it. and i am not even British,lol.
They really showed the world how to pull off a royal wedding. Stunning!

Was great to see so many happy people for a change.
I think Britain has had a tough few years and this is what the public wanted, many of them may well not be Royalists but are enjoying Britain receiving some positive public attention.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MacScot
Congrats to the Earl and Countess of Strathearn.
Do you mean the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
... thought William and Harry looked a mess though.
How on earth can William be described as looking a mess? Harry looked fine with his hair unkempt. It suits him.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Prince Andrew's daughters were as well dressed as ever!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:27 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I wasn't really bothered about it, but since I was in the pub at the Park Rotana this afternoon, I couldn't avoid it. It's all very impressive and pompy and ceremonious and all that. I was again taken aback by the level of patriotism on display by British Expats waving their flags and cheering the national anthem. If I'd asked any of them if they wanted to go back to the UK, I doubt many would have answered in the positive. C'est la vie.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think Britain has had a tough few years and this is what the public wanted, many of them may well not be Royalists but are enjoying Britain receiving some positive public attention.
You know, I can't really say why, but to me it felt good to watch it. Maybe because we do not see many displays of our traditions and culture anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.