Rent Renewal

Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Renewal

Originally Posted by Scamp
But we don't lend to construction companies...so; NO.

Struggling.
Got to love "credit checks" done by some banks here
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Next problem.

HSBC have asked for a letter from new company. New company being a bit funny and slow about writing / signing it. Think I'm getting there though.

LL is now chasing for the cheque, asking when it can be collected today.

I don't have 65,000 in my account to give them.

Rent is technically up on 19th November (end of contract date). When am I meant to have paid them by?
Darling, none of my business really but why haven't you put money aside each week/month so that when your rent is due you have it in cash?
1250 a week/5,410 a month..if you do it weekly you hardly miss it.
When I had to pay my rent in 1 cheque I made sure I put 4250 a week away so I had the money to cover the cheque at the end of contract. I pay in 4 cheques now but it doesn't really make that much difference, I still need to put money aside each week. Once I have put the money aside each week for rent/dewa/maid/phone etc if I have any left over I can go out, if not I stay in
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Darling, none of my business really but why haven't you put money aside each week/month so that when your rent is due you have it in cash?
1250 a week/5,410 a month..if you do it weekly you hardly miss it.
When I had to pay my rent in 1 cheque I made sure I put 4250 a week away so I had the money to cover the cheque at the end of contract. I pay in 4 cheques now but it doesn't really make that much difference, I still need to put money aside each week. Once I have put the money aside each week for rent/dewa/maid/phone etc if I have any left over I can go out, if not I stay in
You're 100% right.

I can't afford to put 5,200 to rent each month (like I did last year, directly from my salary) AND 5,200 a month to savings for next years rent.

I also spent most of my savings money on furnishing the place and paying off debt in the UK.

Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.

If HSBC were clever they'd look at my current account, my savings account, my credit card and my car loan with them to see I've never missed a payment, never gone over limit, never ****ed about.

They'd also see my payslips from previous company that I provided for my car loan to show the rent amount I had been paying previously.

It would be a pretty simple decision.
That's just crazy talk...
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

You're 100% right.

I can't afford to put 5,200 to rent each month (like I did last year, directly from my salary) AND 5,200 a month to savings for next years rent.

I also spent most of my savings money on furnishing the place and paying off debt in the UK.

I forgot that this is your 2nd year. Maybe try and save half for rent then for next time. It is hard when you have to get a loan to pay your rent, won't your company pay it and deduct it each month?
Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I forgot that this is your 2nd year. Maybe try and save half for rent then for next time. It is hard when you have to get a loan to pay your rent, won't your company pay it and deduct it each month?
That's what my previous company did, was so easy. This company doesn't do it (which I understand)...the bit I don't get is the umming about signing a letter for me that says they are not guarantors and will just let HSBC know if I do a bunk.

Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

If it were monthly cheques I'd be fine.

I can give him several months in advance.

Worst worst case scenario, I'll have to strike a deal with my Dad but I REALLY don't want to do that.

My other concern is that HSBC will say no (if I get the letter from work) because i've been in this job only 6 weeks.
yeh but you know the way it works here, if you can get 4 cheques then its better and of course dubai has always been more flexible with rent cheques compared to down where we are in expensive abu dhabi. as said why didnt you put some away each month so that you could cover a least half of the rent for the next year. things have changed and companies do not want to gift you a whole years rent, problems with cashflow, thats why a lot of new contracts are "all in" and so its not their responsibility.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:58 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

[as said why didnt you put some away each month so that you could cover a least half of the rent for the next year. things have changed and companies do not want to gift you a whole years rent, problems with cashflow, thats why a lot of new contracts are "all in" and so its not their responsibility.[/QUOTE]

Easier said than done sometimes, everyone has different commitments, it took me 3 years to get to a saving situation
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rowell
[as said why didnt you put some away each month so that you could cover a least half of the rent for the next year. things have changed and companies do not want to gift you a whole years rent, problems with cashflow, thats why a lot of new contracts are "all in" and so its not their responsibility.
Easier said than done sometimes, everyone has different commitments, it took me 3 years to get to a saving situation[/QUOTE]

It is easier now than when I 1st moved to Dubai..there was no other way than to pay 1 cheque upfront ..easy for people who work for companies but really hard for us self employed people!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:27 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Easier said than done sometimes, everyone has different commitments, it took me 3 years to get to a saving situation
It is easier now than when I 1st moved to Dubai..there was no other way than to pay 1 cheque upfront ..easy for people who work for companies but really hard for us self employed people![/QUOTE]

I agree Patsy but also when I moved here companies gave you the payment up fronts 12 months interest free, it just goes to prove as said many times n this forum, it may be tax free but with a lot of hidden burdens
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:30 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
It is easier now than when I 1st moved to Dubai..there was no other way than to pay 1 cheque upfront ..easy for people who work for companies but really hard for us self employed people!
I agree Patsy but also when I moved here companies gave you the payment up fronts 12 months interest free, it just goes to prove as said many times n this forum, it may be tax free but with a lot of hidden burdens[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Like landlords who refuse to change with the times.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 6:31 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

That's what my previous company did, was so easy. This company doesn't do it (which I understand)...the bit I don't get is the umming about signing a letter for me that says they are not guarantors and will just let HSBC know if I do a bunk.

Scamp

Email me. I might be able to help out.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Scamp

Email me. I might be able to help out.
don't help him. He isn't squirming enough yet and still has another 11 days to scramble 65k AED...Make him sell the car.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
don't help him. He isn't squirming enough yet and still has another 11 days to scramble 65k AED...Make him sell the car.
I'd rather live in it...
Old Nov 11th 2012, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

I've had enough of this shit **** of a country.

Utterly ****ing backwards, full of spastic ***** and I hope they all die of stupidity.

Sorry, your loan was rejected because you've only been in your company a month so we don't know enough about you.

I've banked with you for nearly two years, you have all of my accounts, savings, car loan, credit card. You do ****ing know me you half-wit bank of ****ing morons.

Homeless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.