Wikiposts

Rent Renewal

Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Renewal

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sorry, yeah.

Will email you.
PM me your email and I'll send you the letter I sent my LL on a similar issue - he backed down. Here is a section of the letter:

The Landlord has the right to sell the apartment and can ask the tenant to vacate - although to do this correctly the Landlord must give twelve months notice. Please refer to Law No. 33 of 2008
Amending some provisions of Law No. 26 of 2007 Regulating Relationship between Landlords &
Tenants in the Emirate of Dubai:-

Article (25) 2. Landlord may demand eviction of tenant upon expiry of tenancy contract limited to the following cases:

d. If the owner of the property wishes to sell the leased property. And for the purpose of clause (2) of this Article, landlord must notify tenant with reasons for eviction at least twelve months prior to the determined date of eviction subject that such notice be sent through the Notary Public or by registered mail.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Recently received a hand-written note from my landlord, along the lines that he's pissed off with the agency and would I be interested in staying. Renewal not till early Feb.

Rera site won't give figures for Al Soufoh: "currently being up-dated, please email metha@rera, which I did only to get an auto-response saying please email hussain@rera, which I've done...

Meanwhile landlord has come back proposing an 18% increase (although I did get it at a very good rate last year).
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:18 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Recently received a hand-written note from my landlord, along the lines that he's pissed off with the agency and would I be interested in staying. Renewal not till early Feb.

Rera site won't give figures for Al Soufoh: "currently being up-dated, please email metha@rera, which I did only to get an auto-response saying please email hussain@rera, which I've done...

Meanwhile landlord has come back proposing an 18% increase (although I did get it at a very good rate last year).
Even if your are over the index and liable for an increase - I think there is a maximum limit - it was 5% once upon a time...
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:18 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Even if your are over the index and liable for an increase - I think there is a maximum limit - it was 5% once upon a time...
For some reason, I have 15% in my head.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

If you do take him to the rent committee (which is what RERA will advise), then you will need to pay the fees upfront (5% of the annual rent). When the rent committee rules in your favour, you will be able to deduct the fees from your next rent cheque.

However, all of that is a mighty pain in the ar*e for a few thousand dirhams a year. I would suggest a compromise, suggest you pay him 65,000 (approx 5% increase which is reasonable IMO)

That way, you get to stay where you want, you don't have the hassle of rent committee meetings and your landlord shouldn't be too annoyed so as to disrupt potential issues with maintenance, etc out of spite for taking him to court.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:27 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs
If you do take him to the rent committee (which is what RERA will advise), then you will need to pay the fees upfront (5% of the annual rent). When the rent committee rules in your favour, you will be able to deduct the fees from your next rent cheque.

However, all of that is a mighty pain in the ar*e for a few thousand dirhams a year. I would suggest a compromise, suggest you pay him 65,000 (approx 5% increase which is reasonable IMO)

That way, you get to stay where you want, you don't have the hassle of rent committee meetings and your landlord shouldn't be too annoyed so as to disrupt potential issues with maintenance, etc out of spite for taking him to court.
rent committee isnt a hassle at all, saved me about 60k a few years ago took two trips including the hearing. piece of piss really
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:40 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you don't get your deposit back (does anyone get it back here or is it viewed as extraordinary if you do?) the cost of moving and therefore the acceptable rent increase threshold is;

Agent fees for new place + Deposit for new place + moving costs....

I know. Logic sucks. Sorry. Worst post ever..
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:42 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Most people get their deposits back.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
rent committee isnt a hassle at all, saved me about 60k a few years ago took two trips including the hearing. piece of piss really
for 60k its a hassle worth putting up with.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

If you do take him to the rent committee (which is what RERA will advise), then you will need to pay the fees upfront (5% of the annual rent). When the rent committee rules in your favour, you will be able to deduct the fees from your next rent cheque. However, all of that is a mighty pain in the ar*e for a few thousand dirhams a year. I would suggest a compromise, suggest you pay him 65,000 (approx 5% increase which is reasonable IMO)That way, you get to stay where you want, you don't have the hassle of rent committee meetings and your landlord shouldn't be too annoyed so as to disrupt potential issues with maintenance, etc out of spite for taking him to court.
I agree with this suggestion. An aggrieved landlord can be a nasty weight on your shoulders.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You are all most helpful.

Also, suggestions of paying 65k is something I am seriously considering. I just won't suggest that until I've pointed them to RERA.

I'd pay 65k to stay there and to save hassle, but won't offer that just yet because I'll end up shooting myself in the cock.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
For some reason, I have 15% in my head.
So if I can't get anything from Rera, is there anything in support of 5 or 15%?
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Decree No. 2 of 2011 on rentals in the Emirate of Dubai, the landlords can increase the rent as below.
Article (1)

The maximum rent increase percentage of property units in the Emirate of Dubai leased before the enforcement of this Decree shall be as follows:

A - There should not be any rent increase, if the rent for the real estate unit is up to 25% below the average similar rent.

B - If the rent value was 26% to 35% less than the average similar rent; the maximum rent increase shall be equal to 5% of such value.

C -If the rent value was 36% to 45% less than the average similar rent; the maximum rent increase shall be equal to 10% of such value.

D - If the rent value was 46% to 55% less than the average similar rent; the maximum rent increase shall be equal to 15% of such value.

E - If the rent value was less than 55% of the average similar rent; the maximum rent increase shall be equal to 20% of such value.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

http://www.bhomes.com/uae/dubai-law.xhtml

The above is a good guide, tells you the %'s

BUT

Kind of useless without the current index price.

Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

It won't do 2013 dates. Stick in a tenancy expiration in with a 2012 date and it'll give you what applies at the moment.

On beds in Al Sufouh

50000 to 75000 AED per year.

Two beds

75000 to 85000 AED per year.

I guess these will creep up when they finally get around to issuing the 2013 index, but probably not by enough to make a difference

Last edited by Cypselos; Oct 13th 2012 at 11:33 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.