Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The quality of new posters

The quality of new posters

Old May 2nd 2012, 12:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The quality of new posters

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Life was so much easier when we just Looted, Raped and Pillaged
Misoygynist.
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:52 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I was F&B manager at The York Hotel for 15 years
I always wondered what F&B really stood for.
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I always wondered what F&B really stood for.
Surely that was F&S manager?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Arrive , make some money , improve your life then move on...The end !

That's all there is to it
Originally Posted by commander
agree. And get a featherbed package

Agreed - best advice ever. End of debate.....
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:15 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I feel as if I am in the minority here, but I actually like this place. My company covers all my expenses but I've never felt the need to rub this in peoples noses (unless I just did do that ).
I've had opportunities to move elsewhere but we have a good group of friends, nice apartment, good weather (and yes, I do like summers here) so have never seen the need to move on.
I also feel a sense of gratitude to Dubai, the tax-free living has given us the opportunity to save money far easier than in other countries, this place is relatively safe in terms of crime and we can go on holidays to so many different places last minute.
I have a lot of respect for people who moved over here since 2009 - they would have seen all the bad publicity about Dubai debt, public hangings for kissing a woman on the (face)cheek etc., but they still took a chance so fair play to them. The same as anywhere in the world, it will work out for some, not for others.
The streets may not have as many gold pavement stones as in the past, but there are still great opportunities here. For my company (and many other big companies in IT) Dubai is the hub covering a huge emerging market.
This may sound like an article from the Dubai PR office but I genuinely like Dubai, and the grass is not always greener (as some friends have confirmed after ditching Dubai to move back to Europe).
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
For some reason I feel as if I am in the minority here, but I actually like this place. My company covers all my expenses but I've never felt the need to rub this in peoples noses (unless I just did do that ).
I've had opportunities to move elsewhere but we have a good group of friends, nice apartment, good weather (and yes, I do like summers here) so have never seen the need to move on.
I also feel a sense of gratitude to Dubai, the tax-free living has given us the opportunity to save money far easier than in other countries, this place is relatively safe in terms of crime and we can go on holidays to so many different places last minute.
I have a lot of respect for people who moved over here since 2009 - they would have seen all the bad publicity about Dubai debt, public hangings for kissing a woman on the (face)cheek etc., but they still took a chance so fair play to them. The same as anywhere in the world, it will work out for some, not for others.
The streets may not have as many gold pavement stones as in the past, but there are still great opportunities here. For my company (and many other big companies in IT) Dubai is the hub covering a huge emerging market.
This may sound like an article from the Dubai PR office but I genuinely like Dubai, and the grass is not always greener (as some friends have confirmed after ditching Dubai to move back to Europe).
All true - but completely off-topic.......
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:33 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
All true - but completely off-topic.......
OK...to summarise, some people move on, new people move in. Give them a bit of a break.

When I read some peoples posts on here, Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses springs to mind.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I've lurked here a week but finally registered and made a thread. It looked like it was happily moving along sensibly but then I got a "post moderated" message so my standards are obviously slipping I guess. Whose palm do I have to grease to carry on as before?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
I've lurked here a week but finally registered and made a thread. It looked like it was happily moving along sensibly but then I got a "post moderated" message so my standards are obviously slipping I guess. Whose palm do I have to grease to carry on as before?
No grease necessary, but stay within the rules. They are found somewhere in the yellow header near top of the page. Worth reading..
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by norsk
No grease necessary, but stay within the rules. They are found somewhere in the yellow header near top of the page. Worth reading..
Did I break one? I don't remember what i posted, but believe I kept within the rules. Unfortunately Lazurus isn't working with the text entry boxes on here so I can't look back through what I tried to submit. If a Mod knows, I'm guessing I'll get a PM later with what it was.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:44 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Did I break one? I don't remember what i posted, but believe I kept within the rules. Unfortunately Lazurus isn't working with the text entry boxes on here so I can't look back through what I tried to submit. If a Mod knows, I'm guessing I'll get a PM later with what it was.
No idea buddy, but I'd think you would be told what you did wrong usually
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ooh, Lazurus is working after all! I've got access to my post now and it looks fine to me. I doubt there's anything to worry about then.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:03 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
In regards to abusive PMs - I don't really see the point, although some people just get off on stirring it up, sad buggers if you ask me but hey ho takes allsorts I guess, if their banter is no good nothing like ignoring them to wind up said twat.
Just spotted this thread. Abusive PMs, pah! I was moderator of an Open University site a few years ago and a small group of them got so wound up that they started an abusive website about me LOL! Not just one they did several. Only thing was that what they posted was blatantly outside of the T's & C's of the host sites so 1 email complaining had it taken down. So it was much easier for me to get rid of them than for them to build them. But it must take a lot of hatred to want to go that far
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:07 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
I would be happy to stalk anyone just let me know.
Ditto, never felt the need to stalk but if someone feels the need to be stalked I'm happy to help. Just give me a few pointers as to what would make you feel a bit 'threatened' etc.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Disagreeing is fine, but my response to him was hardly grounds for a stream of abuse by PM. Jeez - he was lucky to have been treated so kindly on here.
PM abuse is just not on. Block and/or complain to the admins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.