Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The quality of new posters

The quality of new posters

Old May 2nd 2012, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The quality of new posters

Originally Posted by kittycat1
to be fair meow, the quality of older posters can be iffy at best lol

In regards to abusive PMs - I don't really see the point, although some people just get off on stirring it up, sad buggers if you ask me but hey ho takes allsorts I guess, if their banter is no good nothing like ignoring them to wind up said twat.

As for cyber stalkers, sadly there generally is a reason they are stalking online- lack of social skills, not an attractive bone in their body, general losers, but hey some people may say the same about people who post on forums...So Alexa, be careful what you wish for!
The blonde one in ABBA actually married her stalker, so there's a happy ending in there for everyone (except he ended up going mad and stockpiling her poo.)
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
(except he ended up going mad and stockpiling her poo.)
Go on......
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:41 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The blonde one in ABBA actually married her stalker, so there's a happy ending in there for everyone (except he ended up going mad and stockpiling her poo.)
Thanks. Now I have to explain to the people at work what I'm laughing at.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

"....stockpiling her poo...."?? Where did he get it from??

"Oh, don't use the toilet, darling.......... just do it in a bucket, would you....?"
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
"....stockpiling her poo...."?? Where did he get it from??

"Oh, don't use the toilet, darling.......... just do it in a bucket, would you....?"
They lived in a log cabin in Sweden without proper drainage which is (it seems) the ideal location for poo stockpiling.

There's a little piece at the bottom of this link....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserve...tures.review27
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ronnie- you have set off my gag reflex!

Any idea why he found her poo so precious?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie- you have set off my gag reflex!

Any idea why he found her poo so precious?
I don't know. Maybe it was just really nice poo? He also used to put her bath water in a jar apparently. He was just an old-fashioned romantic at heart.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:53 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

From poor new posters to stockpiling poo, yes I can see why you are all moaning about new posters .

I would be happy to stalk anyone just let me know.
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. Maybe it was just really nice poo? He also used to put her bath water in a jar apparently. He was just an old-fashioned romantic at heart.
OK............. new words to 'Waterloo' anyone?
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:39 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Corrie, EastEnders and the Bored...

to be fair meow, the quality of older posters can be iffy at best lol

In regards to abusive PMs - I don't really see the point, although some people just get off on stirring it up, sad buggers if you ask me but hey ho takes allsorts I guess, if their banter is no good nothing like ignoring them to wind up said twat.

As for cyber stalkers, sadly there generally is a reason they are stalking online- lack of social skills, not an attractive bone in their body, general losers, but hey some people may say the same about people who post on forums...So Alexa, be careful what you wish for!
It would seem that this thread has started to veer towards a similar thread I posted on some time ago.

There has definitely been a change on the Bored. Whilst there was always an edge to many threads, there is much more of a 'us and them' feel within the Bored nowadays. Almost a case of if you aren't with us, your against us...

The fact is that the Bored appears to have become something akin to a soap opera. If you haven't kept up with every post, you have missed all the inside jokes that appear and quickly lose the will to continue...

Or, if you dare to try and jump in and join them, very quickly those who appear to have the thickest skins take the utmost offence and someone from outside 'the gang' having a pop....

Discuss...
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

im a new-ish poster and take this thread as personal insult....

when i was a lad.....i used to ave to go up tit lane to the verrrry top just get a loaf of me da's favoreete.....

would hum the tune but forget how it goes...

new posters rock !.....
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:55 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
im a new-ish poster and take this thread as personal insult....

when i was a lad.....i used to ave to go up tit lane to the verrrry top just get a loaf of me da's favoreete.....

would hum the tune but forget how it goes...

new posters rock !.....
Put t'Hovis back in 't'bag, lad...

Its not a pop at you.

Its a pop at the ones that have been around for 12 - 18 months.

The ones who came out when the place was falling apart in the vain hope that the streets were still paved with gold, that the advice they received from the dearly departed ex-posters on the Bored was just the 'older generation' trying to keep it all for themselves and the ones who are still there, trying to persuade themsleves that their studio apartment in Disco Gardens and 5 year old Pajero is still way better than the shit existence they left behind in the UK...

Ok, so some people made a decision to live in Dubai.

The problem with that is, it is very hard to admit you ****ed up...

I, along with many other posters on here, was moved through work to Dubai and, for my part, onwards to Bangkok. Did I have a choice? To a degree, if you can count Baku, Alaska or Bangkok as a choice, most recently. The last choice was Port Harcourt, Cairo or Dubai... The defence rests...

Do we therefore necessarily hide behind our decisions in a cloud of self denial, making on we love it in Dubai and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else, or do we make the most of a situation, be fair to our fellow man, assist when required and await the day when you can pack your shit and move on to another intriguing part of the world....

I, I am glad to say, am of the latter.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:29 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

Its not a pop at you.

What about posters who have ben here for 4+ years but only posted on here for 12-18 months, are we ok? I really would like to know if I meet with your approval, thank you, sir. Thank you. :bowing:
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Its not a pop at you.

The ones who came out when the place was falling apart in the vain hope that the streets were still paved with gold, that the advice they received from the dearly departed ex-posters on the Bored was just the 'older generation' trying to keep it all for themselves and the ones who are still there, trying to persuade themsleves that their studio apartment in Disco Gardens and 5 year old Pajero is still way better than the shit existence they left behind in the UK...

I, along with many other posters on here, was moved through work to Dubai and, for my part, onwards to Bangkok. Did I have a choice? To a degree, if you can count Baku, Alaska or Bangkok as a choice, most recently. The last choice was Port Harcourt, Cairo or Dubai... The defence rests...

Do we therefore necessarily hide behind our decisions in a cloud of self denial, making on we love it in Dubai and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else, or do we make the most of a situation, be fair to our fellow man, assist when required and await the day when you can pack your shit and move on to another intriguing part of the world....

I'd like to think that most of us do just that, but we still have a lack of tolerance for total idiocy. And in my particular case no tolerance whatsoever for an idiot who thought it was acceptable to hurl abuse at me purely because I'd corrected his geographical errors. To be fair, I started this thread to have a moan about that as it pissed me off.

If you have found this forum, then you can surely find some other really basic information? This site has tons of info, so just reading a few threads before posting helps. Even entering Dubai/UAE/etc into google turns up heaps of useful info and then you can ask about specifics. And usually get good, honest answers.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Its not a pop at you.

I think you paint two pictures when there are probably more.

The latter is what you say you are, fine.

The former is;

1. have been around for 12 - 18 months
2.came out when the place was falling apart in the vain hope that the streets were still paved with gold
3.studio apartment in Disco Gardens and 5 year old Pajero is still way better than the shit existence they left behind in the UK...
4. making on we love it in Dubai and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else,

I think those four points that make the 'former' in your opinion are pretty brash.

1. I came here a year ago
2. The place has been falling apart since 2008. I never assumed there were streets of gold.
3. The apartment and car I have are not as you describe but certainly not a villa on the palm and 3 ferraris. My existence in the UK was not shit, my job was, on relflection, a bit better than the one I do here. I just earn a lot more here comparatively.
4. I don't want to live in Dubai forever, I want to move on like you to Asia in the future, but not yet.

People aren't easily cast into the two groups you describe, yes I tick a couple of the boxes (can't change when I moved here or that I have a 1bed apt and an Explorer) but not everyone comes here running away from a shit life in the UK thinking Dubai is the be all, end all and place for them for life.

But hey, that's my opinion and not me being an argumentative tosser (like normal). Just think it's not particularly fair to generalise to that extent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.