Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ok so the big one - tell me about Ramadam...

Ok so the big one - tell me about Ramadam...

Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:24 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ok so the big one - tell me about Ramadam...

Originally Posted by Beard Man
LOL that one made me laugh
Hi BM,

Didn't realize you where a local national. My comments where not intended as an insult okay, just maybe shine the light from a different angle then what you are used to. Once again, no insult intended.

Dutchie
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi BM,

Didn't realize you where a local national. My comments where not intended as an insult okay, just maybe shine the light from a different angle then what you are used to. Once again, no insult intended.

Dutchie
Believe me, the big beard has took far more than this on the chin from others on here..

Water off a ducks back for the man...
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:32 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by admon
Believe me, the big beard has took far more than this on the chin from others on here..

Thanks,

Felt rather bad about my comments.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:38 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BM,

Dutchie

i didn't take it as an insult .. when there is a fact i can't deny it

some locals are as lazy as you said .. and maybe worse.. why should i hide something like this
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:39 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

i will be greatfull if you explain to me this
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:06 pm

i didn't take it as an insult .. when there is a fact i can't deny it

some locals are as lazy as you said .. and maybe worse.. why should i hide something like this
Hiya BM!!!

You're not looking for a GM to run one of your companies are you? Just joking... Hat off for a local national that admits he not only understands, but also has style.

Dutchie
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:11 pm

Hiya BM!!!

You're not looking for a GM to run one of your companies are you? Just joking... Hat off for a local national that admits he not only understands, but also has style.

Dutchie

P.S. I come with my own car, at least in the UAE I can afford to fill the gas tank of the British beast. As per today? 1 liter of gasoline at the pump in Amsterdam costs 1.62 Euro.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:41 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

the alcohol shops are closed for the duration of ramadan.

best to go to the 'outside dubai' ones 2 weeks before the start of ramadan, as the final few days before closing becomes like a toy shop on xmas eve..
No they aren't they have been open normal hours for the last 5 years i've been here Barracuda et al are closed for the entire month.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:58 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Just been to MMI liquor stores...they say they are open normal hours during Ramadan.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Just been to MMI liquor stores...they say they are open normal hours during Ramadan.
I don't bother with MMI and A&E. I incorrectly assumed they all kept to the same rules..
Obviously not..
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I don't bother with MMI and A&E. I incorrectly assumed they all kept to the same rules..
Obviously not..
A&E next to Spinneys Mirdif was definately open last Ramadan...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

i will be greatfull if you explain to me this
If criticism or something similar is like water off a duck's back to somebody, they aren't affected by it in the slightest.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
A&E next to Spinneys Mirdif was definately open last Ramadan...
yeah but I bet the sight of me wandering down the street with a crate of corona over my shoulder wouldn't go down too well?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah but I bet the sight of me wandering down the street with a crate of corona over my shoulder wouldn't go down too well?
epsecially if you are drinking 2 at once..
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:20 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
no idea...but as long as you have a license and you are not drinking it in public you cannot go wrong...after all sheik Mohammed owns the stores and allows them to sell it even during Ramadan....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.