Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ok so the big one - tell me about Ramadam...

Wikiposts

Ok so the big one - tell me about Ramadam...

Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:31 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ok so the big one - tell me about Ramadam...

Originally Posted by MataHari
A&E next to Spinneys Mirdif was definately open last Ramadan...
Hi Matahari,

Just so you're not alone in the heat. Amsterdam, today, 28-07-2008 is 31 degrees c. and a nice 88% humidity. It feels like the devil just moved his cooking pot overhere.

Dutchie
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Yeah you wouldn't believe how lazy some of the fasting employees get in Ramadan. Even though the working hours are less but you still see some people not coming to work at time or not coming at all lol. They take it as an execuse which is hardly is. I mean seriously, can't you not eat from 8 to 2? i don't think it is that hard especially if you already ate shit load of meals from 7 P.M to say 3 A.M. Anyways, this is my first Ramadan at work as well so we shall see how things work out here .
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi Matahari,

Just so you're not alone in the heat. Amsterdam, today, 28-07-2008 is 31 degrees c. and a nice 88% humidity. It feels like the devil just moved his cooking pot overhere.

Dutchie
oh really...lol...
one of my kids is there now...he'll feel right at home...
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:45 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

oh really...lol...
one of my kids is there now...he'll feel right at home...
Lucky him, sitting in my home office trying to work. My car with airco outside is starting to look really tempting.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky him, sitting in my home office trying to work. My car with airco outside is starting to look really tempting.
oh go on...it's what we used to call 'technisch weer'...it's mandatory to leave the office...
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:50 pm

oh go on...it's what we used to call 'technisch weer'...it's mandatory to leave the office...
Yeah... But this big boy needs to work for an income. But? Starting up the engine, airco on turbo and just fall asleep for 30 minutes would be nice. Only it wouldn't be Holland if cops didn't fine you for it. Leave you car unlocked ? (With all the junkies in Amsterdam who would?) € 45.00 fine as well.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:55 pm
hmmmm...nice

Yeah... But this big boy needs to work for an income. But? Starting up the engine, airco on turbo and just fall asleep for 30 minutes would be nice. Only it wouldn't be Holland if cops didn't fine you for it. Leave you car unlocked ? (With all the junkies in Amsterdam who would?) € 45.00 fine as well.
oh I never knew that...mind you, I'd never leave it open...
oh well, back to work then tsk tsk....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:02 am

oh I never knew that...mind you, I'd never leave it open...
oh well, back to work then tsk tsk....
Hmmm... Howmany years has it been since you've been back in the cheese capital of the world MM? That's why I converted part of my old warehouse I live in into a garage. Half the time I forget to lock my car as well. And it saves me € 385 for a parking license for one car (have two) per year. Old harbor area in Amsterdam, the best place to live.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:03 am
hmmmm...nice

Hmmm... Howmany years has it been since you've been back in the cheese capital of the world MM? That's why I converted part of my old warehouse I live in into a garage. Half the time I forget to lock my car as well. And it saves me € 385 for a parking license for one car (have two) per year. Old harbor area in Amsterdam, the best place to live.
to be honest...I hate Amsterdam...(but then I am from Rotterdam)
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:08 am

to be honest...I hate Amsterdam...(but then I am from Rotterdam)
Rotterdam? I thought the Dutch country borders ended at the city borders of Rotterdam? Don't worry, I can run really fast so don't hit me okay?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:11 am
hmmmm...nice

Rotterdam? I thought the Dutch country borders ended at the city borders of Rotterdam? Don't worry, I can run really fast so don't hit me okay?
dead men don't run...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:14 am

dead men don't run...
Hahahaha... Ooooo... Hit a nerve there did I? Just joking although the place scares the living daylights out of me nowadays, but that's personal. Well off to an appointment so I "must" start my car and will really enjoy the airco.

By for now.

Dutchie
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:15 am
hmmmm...nice

Hahahaha... Ooooo... Hit a nerve there did I? Just joking although the place scares the living daylights out of me nowadays, but that's personal. Well off to an appointment so I "must" start my car and will really enjoy the airco.

By for now.

Dutchie
drive carefully...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

drive carefully...
ah, a Dutch love-in, how nice...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:53 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ah, a Dutch love-in, how nice...
you can come as well pet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.