Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Nice restaurants in Dubai

Nice restaurants in Dubai

Old Nov 18th 2015, 7:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice restaurants in Dubai

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Almost all recommendations are for places in the Marina. Dubai is a large place - the Marina is the worst bit of it.

If you want somewhere classy and with excellent food go to El Sur at The Westin. High end Spanish food (better than Al Hambra) good service, large terrace and it's barely out of The Marina.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

If you want somewhere classy and with excellent food go to El Sur at The Westin. High end Spanish food (better than Al Hambra) good service, large terrace and it's barely out of The Marina.
Thanks I've booked somewhere now in the madinat jumeirah so will probs stay there before and after dinner as it's easier and lots there too
Old Nov 20th 2015, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so last nights experience at Zheng He's at Madinat Jumeirah was somewhat challenging and disappointing!
After reserving an outside table for 9pm and turning up to be told sorry madam we are busy and only gave indoor seating available is that ok?!? Ermmm well do I have a choice? I sat staring at a wall with a picture of a dress on it, lovely view (not) and shit atmosphere. I then asked why I made a reservation if I didn't get what I booked and obviously someone had just rocked up and taken out table without a reservation.
Food average and expensive. Maybe should have listened to recommendations on here
Old Nov 21st 2015, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Ok so last nights experience at Zheng He's at Madinat Jumeirah was somewhat challenging and disappointing!
After reserving an outside table for 9pm and turning up to be told sorry madam we are busy and only gave indoor seating available is that ok?!? Ermmm well do I have a choice? I sat staring at a wall with a picture of a dress on it, lovely view (not) and shit atmosphere. I then asked why I made a reservation if I didn't get what I booked and obviously someone had just rocked up and taken out table without a reservation.
Food average and expensive. Maybe should have listened to recommendations on here
Everything that end of town is universally shite.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Everything that end of town is universally shite.
Wanted it more for the view and something different by using the abra's but the view part failed. The food was shit too for the price! Will try Buddah bar next time
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Your problem is expecting halfway decent Chinese in Dubai to begin with.

In a town with a lot of good food and restaurants and cuisines to pick from, Chinese is the one utter fail except at one or two superexpensive restaurants down in DIFC.

Should have gone to Noodle House for generic pan-Asian. At least you wouldn't have been ripped off.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Your problem is expecting halfway decent Chinese in Dubai to begin with.

In a town with a lot of good food and restaurants and cuisines to pick from, Chinese is the one utter fail except at one or two superexpensive restaurants down in DIFC.

Should have gone to Noodle House for generic pan-Asian. At least you wouldn't have been ripped off.

Yeah same in AD with chinese food too. The only decent place with good price has closed down then the rest are expensive.
Never mind just won't be eating at Zheng he's again
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah same in AD with chinese food too. The only decent place with good price has closed down then the rest are expensive.
Never mind just won't be eating at Zheng he's again
the place in the capital hotel? sad times.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

the place in the capital hotel? sad times.
No wasn't thinking that 1 but that was also nice, only had a take away from there. I was thinking Bambu which was next to AD mall and le meridian hotel, it was amazing. All u can eat and drink for 160++ brought to your table, they even did pork on the sly and the deep fried ice cream was immense (craving it now)
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 11:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

deep fried ice cream was immense (craving it now)
Wow.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No wasn't thinking that 1 but that was also nice, only had a take away from there. I was thinking Bambu which was next to AD mall and le meridian hotel, it was amazing. All u can eat and drink for 160++ brought to your table, they even did pork on the sly and the deep fried ice cream was immense (craving it now)
ewww. Bambu was rough! place always smelt damp.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ewww. Bambu was rough! place always smelt damp.
Was very rough and yes smelt of damp but added to the Bambu walkway entrance ha.
Food was nice and the drink was good enough, never remembered leaving the place so must have been ok. Rolling out of the "gay" club at the side of it in the early hours too