Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Nice restaurants in Dubai

Nice restaurants in Dubai

Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Nice restaurants in Dubai

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Cricbuzz? Love that app. I'd open a beer if I didn't have to go back out ha
No, just the BBC Sport app. It's slow to update but normally quite entertaining.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
No, just the BBC Sport app. It's slow to update but normally quite entertaining.
Cricbuzz is pretty fast at updates. The ecb or England cricket on Facebook is hilarious!
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so thoughts on Madinat Jumeirah now plz 😊 thinking the abras on the waterway canal thingy would be good and lots of different bars?!?!

Oh and Scamp- 145/6 😜
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I know you are getting batted and tossed (that sounds plain wrong), but in post #14 (scroll up) I told you about Al Hambra...
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by norsk
I know you are getting batted and tossed (that sounds plain wrong), but in post #14 (scroll up) I told you about Al Hambra...
Sorry 😳 I must have overlooked this post. Are there any other restaurants other than tapas? Thinking chinese/Thai. Also recommendations for bars for drinks 😀
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ok so thoughts on Madinat Jumeirah now plz 😊 thinking the abras on the waterway canal thingy would be good and lots of different bars?!?!

Oh and Scamp- 145/6 😜
Madinat is a good shout in theory. There's some half decent places for dinner (Meat Co) and lots of bars to enjoy....downsides, it'll be packed with ****ing helmets and tourists and scumbags and the taxi queue to leave will be monumental and terribly organised with bastards skipping it or walking down the road and flagging the cabs that were meant to be coming to the polite folk queuing.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madinat is a good shout in theory. There's some half decent places for dinner (Meat Co) and lots of bars to enjoy....downsides, it'll be packed with ****ing helmets and tourists and scumbags and the taxi queue to leave will be monumental and terribly organised with bastards skipping it or walking down the road and flagging the cabs that were meant to be coming to the polite folk queuing.
Ha wow thanks for that! Think we may take the car anyway but not sure. I'll give it a go me thinks, any good chinese/Thai restaurants there? And can u get to it all via the abra's? Or walking?
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

just go to the Buddha Bar - it's where you'll end up anyway regardless of what we say
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
just go to the Buddha Bar - it's where you'll end up anyway regardless of what we say
I value people's opinion as I have no idea where to go. Only come to Dubai for shopping and brunches and no clue where I end up after those!
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Ha wow thanks for that! Think we may take the car anyway but not sure. I'll give it a go me thinks, any good chinese/Thai restaurants there? And can u get to it all via the abra's? Or walking?
You can get on the abra's and stuff but it's frankly a bit toss.

Wait. Gottit. There's a thai place at the back that you have to get an abra to (well, don't have to but can). I've been there for a wedding reception I think, it's got a Thai name or something.

Quick google tells me I'm right - Pai Thai.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

You can get on the abra's and stuff but it's frankly a bit toss.

Wait. Gottit. There's a thai place at the back that you have to get an abra to (well, don't have to but can). I've been there for a wedding reception I think, it's got a Thai name or something.

Quick google tells me I'm right - Pai Thai.
That's good enough for me thank you 😊
Old Nov 18th 2015, 3:44 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry 😳 I must have overlooked this post. Are there any other restaurants other than tapas? Thinking chinese/Thai. Also recommendations for bars for drinks 😀
Zeng He's in Mina Salam is pretty good, Bahri Bar above the restaurant is a decent spot.

Or Pai Thai in Al Qasr followed by Kouba for drinks.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Zeng He's in Mina Salam is pretty good, Bahri Bar above the restaurant is a decent spot.

Or Pai Thai in Al Qasr followed by Kouba for drinks.
Thanks I've booked the Zheng He's 😊
Old Nov 18th 2015, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I've booked the Zheng He's 😊
I'll have to change my booking at the Budda Bar then.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'll have to change my booking at the Budda Bar then.
Haha see u there then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.