Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Englishman in Dubai
Hi - Aaron here. Been living in Dubai for over four years and have finally gotten around to registering on this forum after lurking for ages!
it is very nice to see you here
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

brucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nice

Just went to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for holiday, now I'm thinking of moving there permanently.

Any (road) cyclists here? I saw a few brave cyclists on the way to Dubai today morning at around ~07:00ish on the main highway!!! I guess that's the only time the roads are empty.

Is it possible to withdraw GBP (£) from any ATM or bank? I'm with Barclays. I want to do this so I can use the bureau of my choice instead of relying on the bank's exchange rate.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brucebanner
Just went to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for holiday, now I'm thinking of moving there permanently.

Any (road) cyclists here? I saw a few brave cyclists on the way to Dubai today morning at around ~07:00ish on the main highway!!! I guess that's the only time the roads are empty.

Is it possible to withdraw GBP (£) from any ATM or bank? I'm with Barclays. I want to do this so I can use the bureau of my choice instead of relying on the bank's exchange rate.
welcome to BE, answered other posts on main forum. Do you have a job to come too, that is more important than a bike ride, good luck
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brucebanner

No you cannot withdraw Sterling from an ATM, in the same way you cannot withdraw other currencies from ATMs in the UK.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

Hello

UK National based in Riyadh. Been in KSA off and on since 2001.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by irich
Hello

UK National based in Riyadh. Been in KSA off and on since 2001.
Welcome, your knowledge will be invaluable on this site
Old Dec 5th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Welcome, your knowledge will be invaluable on this site
Anything you need to know about Structures or the Mk 1 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, just ask!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

PrinceArslan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hey Friends Prince Arslan here living in Dubai-Malaysia-Pakistan Depend on Mod and now registed in this forum to make new Online Friends hope me Enjoy here a lot Em Doing Import and Export Garments Bussiness age 21
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:48 pm
Concierge

Hello stop shouting
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

PrinceArslan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought it would be nice for newbies to go introduce yourselves to folks here before diving in and asking questions, especially if you've not taken the time to check out the wiki or had a quick search for those common questions, spending a bit of time doing that goes a long way into getting help from folks without the shirty comments, it's the least you can do if you expect people to answer everything for you

So where are you from?
Got any kids?
Hobbies?
Whatever else

Oh and don't forget, different time zones and the weekend isn't Sat/Sun, so don't get shirty if you don't get a reply straight away

i just intro Brother no more i am new here
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:04 am
Concierge

British, one child, based in the UAE
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

ukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really nice

hello and as you can guess.....i am a newbie.
i live in the uk at the moment(hope not too much longer) well i hope.
i am married and we have a little girl 14 months old, i wish i could say its been all good but its not.
Please excuse my typing as im not good on the pc.
my other half worked as a flight attendant and i am in the vehicle repair industry.
things are not looking good for the future in the uk so we are thinking about relocating to canada? any ideas if its a good move for a small family to search a better life?.
The main reason i think for the move is that the uk is not the place it used to be!!.
i hope i can get a few tips about canada and the process, Not wanting to make the wrong move and be sorry later on.
Oh i forgot to add i will be doing a tour in afgan early next year (yes i am a member of the HM forces) ........hope everyone is well and england seems to be going a bit mad with all the articles in the news.

P.s..... i just noticed, my last visit was only feb 18th 07 Wow i must have been busy as time just flew by.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 3:36 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukgettingworst
hello and as you can guess.....i am a newbie.
i live in the uk at the moment(hope not too much longer) well i hope.
i am married and we have a little girl 14 months old, i wish i could say its been all good but its not.
Please excuse my typing as im not good on the pc.
my other half worked as a flight attendant and i am in the vehicle repair industry.
things are not looking good for the future in the uk so we are thinking about relocating to canada? any ideas if its a good move for a small family to search a better life?.
The main reason i think for the move is that the uk is not the place it used to be!!.
i hope i can get a few tips about canada and the process, Not wanting to make the wrong move and be sorry later on.
Oh i forgot to add i will be doing a tour in afgan early next year (yes i am a member of the HM forces) ........hope everyone is well and england seems to be going a bit mad with all the articles in the news.

P.s..... i just noticed, my last visit was only feb 18th 07 Wow i must have been busy as time just flew by.
Canada isn't in the Middle East...just so you know
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
I know a couple of Canadians in Riyadh though. They like the weather.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

ukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really niceukgettingworst is just really nice

Originally Posted by MataHari
.. sorry i posted in the wrong country newbies cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.