Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Not at all...

Top of the list for any wannabe expat still stuck in the UK..

Lets face it, would you rather live in a double-wide in Boondocks, Louisiana or a 5 bedroom + maids villa, overlooking palm trees and artificial lakes in Dubai..????
Too be quite frank ... the former

who would want to live with a bunch of religious maniacs
who wear frocks and dont drink

At least our gators are real ..not plastic
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:36 pm
Squirrely Wrath!

graham_s is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
I've just accepted a position with BAE in Dharahn.
Thought I'd say hello.

I used to be quite good a pub quizzes,
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham_s
I used to be quite good a pub quizzes,
shame you're not in dubai then, lol...welcome, nonetheless...

MM, xx
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:58 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Too be quite frank ... the former

who would want to live with a bunch of religious maniacs
who wear frocks and dont drink

At least our gators are real ..not plastic
Who, the Quakers?????
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Who, the Quakers?????

Darlington's south of Hadrian's Wall
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

sambo1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsambo1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsambo1986 has a spectacular aura about

Hi I'm sam, im 22 from Colchester, essex (yea yea no jokes ), My boyfriend is a structural engineer looking for work in Dubai and we have a 5 month old son. We've heard stories from other ex-pat's and it sounds like an amazing opportunity for us and for our son. I joined the site to do some major research before we jump in head first. Any tips would be fantastic as there is so much information to plough through it's a bit overwhelming. BTW i know this was mentioned 70 pages ago but I'm great at pub quizzes lol
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:21 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sambo1986
Hi I'm sam, im 22 from Colchester, essex (yea yea no jokes ), My boyfriend is a structural engineer looking for work in Dubai and we have a 5 month old son. We've heard stories from other ex-pat's and it sounds like an amazing opportunity for us and for our son. I joined the site to do some major research before we jump in head first. Any tips would be fantastic as there is so much information to plough through it's a bit overwhelming. BTW i know this was mentioned 70 pages ago but I'm great at pub quizzes lol
If you great at pub quizes keep an eye at Madam Madusa...

Last edited by Tiger989; Aug 24th 2009 at 3:25 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:32 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

I've just noticed that I have now made 100 or so posts - I'm new to the forum but not the ME, so far I have gained quite a bit of useful info, read and engaged in some entertaining/confusing/amusing banter, have not been shot down in flames too many times, ventured out to the quiz (only once I know..but it's a long way from home) and met some nice folk. So just thought I would say thanks to the regulars and encourage other newbies to participate
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sambo1986
First tip: if you do come here, your boyfriend will need to become your husband. Some people live together without been married (it is against the law of the land) and get about it without problem. But with a baby I see it almost impossible as he will not be able to sponsor you or your baby and you will not be covered by his health insurance... among other things.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

gazabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
I've just noticed that I have now made 100 or so posts - I'm new to the forum but not the ME, so far I have gained quite a bit of useful info, read and engaged in some entertaining/confusing/amusing banter, have not been shot down in flames too many times, ventured out to the quiz (only once I know..but it's a long way from home) and met some nice folk. So just thought I would say thanks to the regulars and encourage other newbies to participate
hi all well just joined ,brummie guy currently working in afghanistan so hello everyone looking forward to chatting and making new friends looks an ok website speak soon gary
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Nadine86 has a spectacular aura aboutNadine86 has a spectacular aura aboutNadine86 has a spectacular aura about

Hey all I have now lived in the UAE for one month and two weeks now so no that new, but have recently moved from abu dhabi to dubai. Would love to meet some new people now that I am in a new place again and don't know anyone.

A quick bio of myself for those who didn't read the one I posted when I was living in Abu Dhabi. I am a 23 year old female from Kent and generally like to do things such as shopping (thats a no brainer), going out for drinks, going to the beach now that I live in a country with good beaches, reading ect.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Ms Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, arrived Al Ain last week after 2 years in Doha, it's like paradise here after the dust and humidity of Doha.....and it's got a lotta green!!! We are husband and wife, originally from the UK, husband works at Horizon, I don't!!
We are currently in a hotel but are looking for a villa. Has anybody got any thoughts on Burami, our housing allowance doesn't appear to be anything like we need for a place in Al Ain.

Last edited by Ms Piggy; Sep 14th 2009 at 9:16 am.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm Brian, from Scotland. Hopefully moving out to UAE with my lovely and adorable wife. No Kids, but hoping to start trying in the coming months.
anyways, nice to meet y'all
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Hi I'm Brian, from Scotland. Hopefully moving out to UAE with my lovely and adorable wife. No Kids, but hoping to start trying in the coming months.
anyways, nice to meet y'all
Another bleedin scotch ...at least he is with you lot
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Another bleedin scotch ...at least he is with you lot

Welcome Brian.
Ignore the pig above.
Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.