View Poll Results: What is your marriage status?
Never married but would like to some day
10.91%
First marriage
50.91%
Divorced after first marriage would marry again
5.45%
Divorced after first marriage would not marry again
0%
On Second marriage
21.82%
Divorced after second marriage would marry again
1.82%
Divorced after second marriage would not marry again
0%
On 3rd marriage
7.27%
Divorced after third marriage would marry again
0%
Divorced after first marriage would not marry again
0%
never married and never want to
0%
Other
1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Married or not

Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:32 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Married or not

Originally Posted by al dente
I want to know more about the people on their third marriages. Is there a significant age gap by the third, for example? What was the marriage life of the 1st and then the second? How long have you been in the third?
I'm not on my third marriage but I'll give you a run through, first wife was a year or so older than me, second is 3.5 years younger, gf is 14 years younger....

So my fourth wife must be just getting out of nappies now
Old Dec 4th 2013, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I'm not on my third marriage but I'll give you a run through, first wife was a year or so older than me, second is 3.5 years younger, gf is 14 years younger....

So my fourth wife must be just getting out of nappies now
You might be wearing them by the time she comes of age..
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Any, it's my favourite colour.

I wear a lot of blue though, navy and lighter. Pink is good not too much salmon pink though, that's a little weak, either go for it or don't...
I'm a modern man.
good lad, sounds like you have a blue skin tone so stick to blue based colours
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
good lad, sounds like you have a blue skin tone so stick to blue based colours
My Mum is all over this stuff too. House of COlour or something I think? Charged her hundreds of quid to tell her what colours suited her best.

A true head-scratching moment from me...but she loves that kind of shit.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum is all over this stuff too. House of COlour or something I think? Charged her hundreds of quid to tell her what colours suited her best.

A true head-scratching moment from me...but she loves that kind of shit.
yes House of Colour, I work with the lady who has the Dubai franchise, obviously we swear by it, but I do genuinely know I look good is certain colours. It doesn't cost hundreds of pounds either! 600 dhs for men, 700 dhs for women.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

yes House of Colour, I work with the lady who has the Dubai franchise, obviously we swear by it, but I do genuinely know I look good is certain colours. It doesn't cost hundreds of pounds either! 600 dhs for men, 700 dhs for women.
I have a dual-input-and-quadruple-assessment system (with optional mono-input-and-dual-assessment mode), with a residence-based verification module: the mirror in the shop, my eyes and those of my wife and our critical faculties, plus another mirror at home. Any sales assistance who says "That looks nice on you" is ignored unless she looks like Megan Fox or Dita Von Teese.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I have a dual-input-and-quadruple-assessment system (with optional mono-input-and-dual-assessment mode), with a residence-based verification module: the mirror in the shop, my eyes and those of my wife and our critical faculties, plus another mirror at home. Any sales assistance who says "That looks nice on you" is ignored unless she looks like Megan Fox or Dita Von Teese.
Good for you, but not everyone's critical faculties are as acute.

I've seen plenty of people who have been helped with a bit of guidance. It's just that friendly guidance, not rules. Many women hit middle-age, lose confidence in themselves and end up in a load of beige and I've seen then vibrant in both colour and demeanour after a HoC session.

Not everyone needs it, but it's a lovely confidence boost for many, a fun afternoon, and they also have some super clothes and jewellery. All optional, but there is plenty of truth in the concept.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:04 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Good for you, but not everyone's critical faculties are as acute.

I've seen plenty of people who have been helped with a bit of guidance. It's just that friendly guidance, not rules. Many women hit middle-age, lose confidence in themselves and end up in a load of beige and I've seen then vibrant in both colour and demeanour after a HoC session.

Not everyone needs it, but it's a lovely confidence boost for many, a fun afternoon, and they also have some super clothes and jewellery. All optional, but there is plenty of truth in the concept.
Actually, I wouldn't mind giving it a go, although I'm highly sceptical--anyone selling the service to me would have to be immaculately turned-out. Unless she looked like Megan Fox...
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's still a lot of cash for someone to tell you that pink isn't right but milky shades of brown / beige are better. Eh?

My Mum loves all kinds of hippy shit...special rocks, angels, homeopathy...the ****ing works.

BUT, you wouldn't know it to look at her. So I'm grateful for that at least.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

That is outrageous.

Sorry. Hundred quid to tell a ginger to wear green and a pasty faced sweaty to not wear yellow is nuts.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
That is outrageous.

Sorry. Hundred quid to tell a ginger to wear green and a pasty faced sweaty to not wear yellow is nuts.
I've done it. Not because I needed it, but because I happened to be in Dubai and it was a fun thing to do.
Now, I don't swear by it. But I am very good with colours, design, clothes etc.
I can give those ladies a run for their money...and I did..a little.
BUT, there are a lot of people out there who WANT to look better, and they do not have the ability to do that by themselves.
So, those ladies come in handy...they are kind, understanding and do not tell people they look awful...even if they do. But guide them gently in the right direction. And yes, it is a fun afternoon.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:12 pm
Concierge

That's still a lot of cash for someone to tell you that pink isn't right but milky shades of brown / beige are better. Eh?

My Mum loves all kinds of hippy shit...special rocks, angels, homeopathy...the ****ing works.

BUT, you wouldn't know it to look at her. So I'm grateful for that at least.
That is outrageous.

Scamp I am glad your Mum enjoyed it, next time she is here she should come and see our clothing ranges, they are fabulous. I am not bothered what anyone thinks about the service or whether they think it is overpriced, we have never had ONE single complaint since the day we started. The service is worth every dirham.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Actually, I wouldn't mind giving it a go, although I'm highly sceptical--anyone selling the service to me would have to be immaculately turned-out. Unless she looked like Megan Fox...
it is nothing about being immaculately turned out, we have had plenty of male clients who just want to know what suits them, none of them turn into Mr Beckham I can assure you you can look good in a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt just as long as it is the right colour for your skin tone.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:15 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp I am glad your Mum enjoyed it, next time she is here she should come and see our clothing ranges, they are fabulous. I am not bothered what anyone thinks about the service or whether they think it is overpriced, we have never had ONE single complaint since the day we started. The service is worth every dirham.
And of course, it's optional so anyone complaining about the price doesn't have to do it.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:37 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

That is outrageous.

Would you accept the same advice for 20 quid? Would you ****.

I would like to think that giving someone advice on colours/clothes is not always about the advice but more about the confidence it instils.
You could get someone to rock a pair of velvet flares if they had enough people telling them how good they looked wearing them.

Consider it the same as the bunch of yes-men in your office telling the boss how great his latest scheme or idea is. You have to suspend the critical thinking sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.