Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Old Jul 29th 2012, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

MS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really nice
Default Re: Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Originally Posted by Wysiwyg
I have just been saying I wish there is more we could do as well. I am guessing that until 9th August has come and gone we won't know, everything crossed that Kempinski will do the right thing and Natalie can get the medical attention she needs. If that doesn't happen then I think they will have to start asking for financial help in order to get the much needed care to help her. Not sure what form that will take, I am sure there will be plenty of people who would like to contribute, sponsor an event or the like to try and help.
What if she doesn't make it to the 9th? They let sat back and did nothing when she was in a coma in ICU even when the press where writing about it and it was on the FB site, so they would do it again. :-(
Old Jul 29th 2012, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Wysiwyg will become famous soon enoughWysiwyg will become famous soon enough

I know and we all really feel for the family, I suspect as Meow says most who have taken the time to read the story will have shared on FB. The family have contact details of influential people that are likely to be able to help them either sway with Kempinski, maybe even help them financially if they fully understand the situation.

Kempinski will never live it down if this young woman dies and they just standby and let it happen...shame, shame, shame on them.

Last edited by Wysiwyg; Jul 29th 2012 at 4:12 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:16 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MS1972
Please guys, I'm certain we'll be reading ''British expat dies whilst Kempinski sit back and watch'' - we cannot let this happen. This is one of these rare opportunities when instead of reading about something when it's too late, we have the chance, just about, to maybe help this family have a better ending and not let this corporation rob them of this precious girl.

It makes me very sad indeed.
I think it's foolish to imagine Kempinski's management doesn't want to do something. However, like I said, this isn't a normal hotel. It's owned by some very, very powerful people. Kempinski only manages it.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

MS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really nice

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I think it's foolish to imagine Kempinski's management doesn't want to do something. However, like I said, this isn't a normal hotel. It's owned by some very, very powerful people. Kempinski only manages it.
Yes, agreed. It's a shame they seem to think 'they' are above doing what is right and saving this girl's life.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

JustForNat is an unknown quantity at this point

I imagine that Emirates Palace, Kempinski, the powerful people who own it etc have found themselves in a real predicament......of their own making.
Whilst thinking themselves smart for trying to save a bit of money they have now destroyed their credibility and reputation. I have no doubt they are desperately trying to find a way to make this thing go away, but the more they try, the worse it gets.
Heaven forbid if anything goes wrong with Natalie now, the fall out would be incredible.

Regarding the Family not responding to messages about media contacts etc. can I apologise on the teams behalf for that. The messages of support came in so thick and fast it was difficult to keep up. At the beginning there were only a couple of admins. Weve had to add more of Natalies close friends to help with the fb page. Please don't think we ignored you. We have had to tread so carefully with the media, offers of fundraising and donations etc, aswell as medical and legal advice. The support we have received from literally thousands has been overwhelming.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustForNat
I imagine that Emirates Palace, Kempinski, the powerful people who own it etc have found themselves in a real predicament......of their own making.
Whilst thinking themselves smart for trying to save a bit of money they have now destroyed their credibility and reputation. I have no doubt they are desperately trying to find a way to make this thing go away, but the more they try, the worse it gets.
Heaven forbid if anything goes wrong with Natalie now, the fall out would be incredible.

Regarding the Family not responding to messages about media contacts etc. can I apologise on the teams behalf for that. The messages of support came in so thick and fast it was difficult to keep up. At the beginning there were only a couple of admins. Weve had to add more of Natalies close friends to help with the fb page. Please don't think we ignored you. We have had to tread so carefully with the media, offers of fundraising and donations etc, aswell as medical and legal advice. The support we have received from literally thousands has been overwhelming.
I'll keep you posted on this: one of my biggest clients is due to hold a company Iftar at the Kempinski in Dubai MOTE. I have drawn their attention to this campaign.............. I'll let you know if anything happens (e.g. a cancellation?) .............
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've just read all of this whilst on my travels around BE.

May I wish you , "the team" & Natalie herself all the very best with this. I do hope that the hotel owners finally front up and do the right thing.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:05 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you understand. If this was any other Kempinski hotel, things would be being done. Kempinski would be speaking out. They can't. If they were to, they would bring disrepute upon some very, very powerful people. The result would be Kempinski being banned from the UAE.

And hope as I might that it will be resolved, you're incredibly naive if you honest think those people won't be able to keep ignoring Natalie for the rest of her life – bad press or not.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:37 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MS1972
How have you contacted the family, the site is monitored 24/7 maybe they missed it? I think just share share share.

I spoke to a friend of a friend who knows her. The treatment/operation etc she needs is hundreds of thousands of pounds. I'm afraid this one is not something a Fundraiser can cure, but it is something the hotel can sort out. It makes me so angry.
Via PM here & via FB.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I don't think you understand. If this was any other Kempinski hotel, things would be being done. Kempinski would be speaking out. They can't. If they were to, they would bring disrepute upon some very, very powerful people. The result would be Kempinski being banned from the UAE.

And hope as I might that it will be resolved, you're incredibly naive if you honest think those people won't be able to keep ignoring Natalie for the rest of her life – bad press or not.
The they will will probably kill her then....and we'll all watch it happen in some form or another....
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:42 am
Just Joined

I'd like to thank British Expat Forum for allowing these threads to go ahead. Many have tried to discuss this on Expat woman and all comments were deleted (odd since Natalie is herself is an expat woman) - your site is getting much positive feedback for allowing this topic to be discussed. Thank you again, let's hope more people come on and discuss it.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

EW has deleted all comments on this topic? Really?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

She must have let her maid swim in the pool.

EW really are tossers and spineless ones at that
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:00 pm
Bored liberal

It demonstrates their total lack of principles. I bet Kempinksi has advertised with them.

Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

How can you continually delete something like that????? They have got themselves a very very bad reputation now....it's being talked about on the JFN page by the people who tried to post but were deleted. All they were trying to do was raise awareness. :-(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.