Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Old Jan 28th 2014, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Originally Posted by Kix
Abu Dhabi Court find Emirate's Palace liable and orders them to pay AED200,000, but, as she has not provided medical receipts, that matter is still outstanding.

The National.

That's good news.
Reading about her medical issues, 200K AED is a fraction of what it is going to cost.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

I was recently in the process of booking my hotel for my next buisness trip to Abu Dhabi. I made some enquiries regarding 5* accomadation and I received an email from Emirates palace offering me some really good deals and options.

I had the greatest pleasure in replying "no thanks, I really would not like a cupboard shelf hitting me on my head, so please never contact me again until the matter is resolved in Natalie's favour"...
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Justice for Natalie - a minute of your time please

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I naively thought she'd been looked after and it was all sorted. So sad.
Me too MP.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Doesn't she have medical insurance or does she go commmando, like myself?
Hardly a joking matter and demonstrates the importance of having decent medical cover and not leaving your family at risk.

In fact I'd do further and say that as you are financially responsible for your wife and daughter you are irresponsible in not making sure that your family has proper medical cover and that you have a will and life cover in place for their benefit. It's just not fair on them not to do so. Accidents do happen...

Last edited by Meow; Jan 29th 2014 at 5:51 am.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I signed it last week :-)
Ditto.

Shocking state of affairs!
Old Feb 1st 2014, 6:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Hardly a joking matter and demonstrates the importance of having decent medical cover and not leaving your family at risk.

In fact I'd do further and say that as you are financially responsible for your wife and daughter you are irresponsible in not making sure that your family has proper medical cover and that you have a will and life cover in place for their benefit. It's just not fair on them not to do so. Accidents do happen...
I think I read that Nat did have medical insurance in the early days but they refused to renew the policy, not sure if that is correct or not.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 9:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think I read that Nat did have medical insurance in the early days but they refused to renew the policy, not sure if that is correct or not.
Assuming she had employer related cover it would have ceased once she was no longer employed, which is standard practice.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 9:16 am
Bored liberal

If you haven't already signed the petition please do so. It's just a minute of your time and there's a slim chance it may be of benefit to this woman who is really suffering and has been treated unfairly.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...ponsible/?copy

Thank you
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:35 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Natalie was being economical with the truth:
"During her stay at the hotel in July 2008, she was arranging her shoes at the bottom of the wardrobe and a rack, which weighed 2.2 kilograms, fell on her head causing brain damage that resulted in her suffering from epileptic seizures and fainting, she claimed.

She had also claimed that she lost her job as a result to her health condition and suffered major physical, emotional and psychological pain, in addition to the constant need for medical treatment.
However, it was proved to the court that there was no connection between the wooden rack injury and her seizures.
The court medical committee requested her medical file from the UK to check her medical background, saying that the probability of her suffering epileptic seizures following the accident was not more than 2 per cent.

The file showed that before the accident she was undergoing treatment for the condition she claimed she developed after the rack fell on her head"

"The court also said that she exaggerated the consequences of the accident as she managed to find a job in another company after the incident and got married.

It was ruled that she was entitled to Dh100,000 in compensation for all the damages."

Injured Emirates Palace guest has compensation cut by UAE court | The National
Old Jan 20th 2015, 5:59 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is one of those cases that it is sad if it is true and sadder still if it is not true
Old Jan 20th 2015, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

i worked 6 months for a firm of ambulance chasers after finishing my law studies. the number of exaggerated cases was amazing.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:01 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

The campaigning (Justice for Natalie) was pretty convincing with frequent updates including pics of her in the hospital on facebook etc, but it seems to have stopped last summer so I guess something happened. I'm sure some of the people on the bored who were involved will be able to enlighten us more.

Since it appears the court deemed it to be a case of ambulance chasing why did they even give them 100K?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:52 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
The campaigning (Justice for Natalie) was pretty convincing with frequent updates including pics of her in the hospital on facebook etc, but it seems to have stopped last summer so I guess something happened.
Perhaps thats when she got her new job and/or got married and the penny dropped for the campaigners.
Originally Posted by norsk
Since it appears the court deemed it to be a case of ambulance chasing why did they even give them 100K?
I would have thought you would expect some recompense for being banged on the head by a big piece of wood, original offer was 200k, but not the millions requested.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean I can stop boycotting Emirates Palace and Kempinski hotels?

I hope so as I would really like to see the Abu Dhabi Classics again, and have a beer at Mosaic.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:09 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the first page or two of this thread its amazing how some people are so quick to jump on a bandwagon without knowing the facts for themselves. There seems to be a 'facebook tells me so it must be true' kind of attitude.

Was there a fund set up that people donated money too? I hope not.

I agree with an award for the actual injuries sustained, but claiming for problems that you had before the incident is very low in my book, especially when you make such a big PR campaign about it.

Facebook and twitter are easily exploited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.