Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Israeal and poor palastinains

Israeal and poor palastinains

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Israeal and poor palastinains

Originally Posted by commander
Well over the last few days another couple of young royal marines have been killed in afghanastan.

There are a few mutants on here who no doubt smiled at this news..

This is more concerning and upsetting to me as a brit than the palestine situation.
Well that says a lot about you then. But flip the script. If Brits were getting massacred by the 1000s in their own land and were having their homes destroyed(basically what is happening to Palestinians was happening to the Brits), And I said that the death of 3 Muslim soldiers, who died in a non-defensive invasion and occupation of a country 1000s of miles away from their border, was more concerning and upsetting to me then the situation and suffering of 1.5m Brits, what would you think? Well thats what I think of you. But just to clear the record, no soldier from whatever side (except criminal yanks sent to war to avoid jail) cheers the death of another. I don't cheer, but I don't feel sad neither for the 3 british soldiers you talk about or the 400ish Palestinians killed in the past week, empathy escapes me but morality, truth and justice drives me, lol.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I actually do feel very sad for the british forces and the palestinians. The fact that you don't says a lot about you.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

highways is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Luckily Israel is showing great restraint currently or the casualty rate could be much higher. Obviously the casualty rate is tollerable to Hamas as they are still firing rockets into Israel .
I think you are misunderstanding the situation. Hamas are firing rockets because Palestinians are under siege and under occupation. When someone occupies your country, then the normal reaction is that you resist and these rockets are part of the resistance. This is similar to alot of previous cases in history where the occupied country resisted occupation even if they have casulaties as a result.

You didn't answer my question whether targeting civilians and children is acceptable.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highways
I
You didn't answer my question whether targeting civilians and children is acceptable.
When enemy forces hide their armament in the midst of civilians
then its a forgone conclusion.

Civilized people would not do that...
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:19 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
When enemy forces hide their armament in the midst of civilians
then its a forgone conclusion.

Civilized people would not do that...
sorry, i don't follow... so if someone forces me (at gunpoint) to hide their weapons in my building, therefore I am uncivilized and deserve to be shot at? or are the guys hiding their stuff in my house deserve to be shot at and i'm still an innocent?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

why do people always go on about Israel going back to pre-war borders but nobody ever talks about Germany going back to pre-war borders.

when will the Germans be able to move back into Danzig and Königsberg etc. ?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:58 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
why do people always go on about Israel going back to pre-war borders but nobody ever talks about Germany going back to pre-war borders.

i'm not sure about the history or the german borders but i'm not aware of it having drawn out the same level of humanitarian crisis that the israeli-palenstinian conflict has.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 12:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
sorry, i don't follow... so if someone forces me (at gunpoint) to hide their weapons in my building, therefore I am uncivilized and deserve to be shot at? or are the guys hiding their stuff in my house deserve to be shot at and i'm still an innocent?
The people voted for this type of people ..they knew what they were getting ...
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 12:19 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

Of course not .. it would not fit their argument ...
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

A much more pertinent land issue is that which has been going on in the Western Sahara for the last few decades. Is a monumental mess but seeing as no nasty Joos are involved, or no white elephant sky fairy sites worth fighting over the media and in particular the Arab world ignore it.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=10550290
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
The people voted for this type of people ..they knew what they were getting ...
ah, right... please tell me your stirring with a remark like that...

if you're not, my understanding, from what you've written is, that because someone is a palestinian living in gaza, and the government which was elected in by a majority (not unanimously) conducts itself in (understatedly) a questionable manner, all palestinians deserve to killed/maimed/injured/are-deserving-of-any-hardship-they-might-receive?

does that mean that i should, in turn, believe that all israelis are deserving of any tradgey that might befall them b/c they too have a government whose policies i don't believe in, irrespective of who the individual israeli might have voted for/thinks/believes?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:54 pm
Ray

ah, right... please tell me your stirring with a remark like that...

if you're not, my understanding, from what you've written is, that because someone is a palestinian living in gaza, and the government which was elected in by a majority (not unanimously) conducts itself in (understatedly) a questionable manner, all palestinians deserve to killed/maimed/injured/are-deserving-of-any-hardship-they-might-receive?

does that mean that i should, in turn, believe that all israelis are deserving of any tradgey that might befall them b/c they too have a government whose policies i don't believe in, irrespective of who the individual israeli might have voted for/thinks/believes?
Put it this way ... you throw pebbles thru my window.. you going to get big rocks thrown back..

When your neighbor has a Ferrari and you have a Ford ..you dont try to race him ..

If you live next door to a powerful country ..you don't piss them off with rockets ..you talk about your issues... The medieval people know only one way ..They reap what they sow ...

Civilians in all wars get the brunt ...
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Put it this way ... you throw pebbles thru my window.. you going to get big rocks thrown back..

When your neighbor has a Ferrari and you have a Ford ..you dont try to race him ..

If you live next door to a powerful country ..you don't piss them off with rockets ..you talk about your issues... The medieval people know only one way ..They reap what they sow ...

Civilians in all wars get the brunt ...
ok, agree with most of the sentiments here, not sure about the racing one, but have you ever heard of proportionate response/reasonable force? in the day of 'smart bombs', it's amazing the amount of collateral damage that is occurring.

and that's if what the israelis say is to be believed? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7809371.stm
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:13 pm
Ray

ok, agree with most of the sentiments here, not sure about the racing one, but have you ever heard of proportionate response/reasonable force? in the day of 'smart bombs', it's amazing the amount of collateral damage that is occurring.

and that's if what the israelis say is to be believed? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7809371.stm
Are you actually in Gaza yourself ...or warching report by Al Jazeera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.