Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm getting really old...

I'm getting really old...

Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:23 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm getting really old...

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Fair play but women find quite a few traits attractive in men beyond just their looks (i.e. They are not all as shallow as us), in my experience younger women often go for charecteristics not often found in their pier group. They may like the fact that you live a "stable" life, you have your life togeather in terms of finances/material stuff (which means you will not be needy but can, in a very real way, offer her a degree of protection) or even just that you are just a damn site more fun/interesting to talk to than other guys.
The age difference would be the main point of refusal for me. Nope... Prefer 40+ and 100% female. (Sorry everyone female under the 40)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:28 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
The age difference would be the main point of refusal for me.
Could you elaborate on your reasoning?

I mean assuming she met your other criteria (Intelligence, sophistication...whatever) would you really turn a woman down on age?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:35 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Could you elaborate on your reasoning?

I mean assuming she met your other criteria (Intelligence, sophistication...whatever) would you really turn a woman down on age?
I think I would yes, but leaving her in her self respect. The difference in age, and therefore life experiences itself would form a major factor in such a relationship. I see a woman as my equal in all facets of life, not only the sexual part. I've seen it go so badly wrong for exactly those same reasons around me in my own circle of friends.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:47 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would yes, but leaving her in her self respect. The difference in age, and therefore life experiences itself would form a major factor in such a relationship. I see a woman as my equal in all facets of life, not only the sexual part. I've seen it go so badly wrong for exactly those same reasons around me in my own circle of friends.
Logical I suppose, we have very different approaches to dating though.

I've went out with girls just because they had one or two aspects I liked, in some ways it's rare I meet someone I dont like in some way . Even if I knew the outcome would probably not be us having a long term relationship.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:51 pm

I've went out with girls just because they had one or two aspects I liked, in some ways it's rare I meet someone I dont like in some way . Even if I knew the outcome would probably not be us having a long term relationship.
It reminds me of the male and female spider while trying to mate. The male being about ten times smaller, and very aware he's possibly her next meal. It's the 1001 little steps a guy takes, the tickling of each others brains, the body language, the actual sex? Is 10% of the fun, at least for me. (Now how do I get the feeling the BE server is going to get overloaded with wacky remarks sorry Moddy's)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:10 pm

That a woman has become a man's equal, (at least in the western world) hasn't made the seduction game, if I'm allowed to call it that, more difficult. It's turned it into more of a challenge if you ask me as it's played on equal grounds. That it's put dent's in male and female ego's? Yes... That it's sent men to the cold shower because they overstepped there luck? Yes... (Including me, no problem admitting that) But it forces you to look for that what you seek in a full time partner C. Sex is great, okay awesome, okay it can make you see the stars during bright daylight. But if you're really looking for a life partner it comes at second place. Mayby you need 50+ years on your human clock to understand what I'm trying to say.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

The age difference would be the main point of refusal for me. Nope... Prefer 40+ and 100% female. (Sorry everyone female under the 40)

Sensible man!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Sensible man!
I know....