Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm getting really old...

I'm getting really old...

Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:34 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default I'm getting really old...

Last edited by Dutchie; Aug 7th 2008 at 5:39 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm getting really old...

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Im sure it just happens one night when you are sleeping.All of a sudden you wake up one day and....

You listen to the music on the radio and decide that it is complete shit compared to the stuff when you were younger.

You are scared to go on a roller coaster.

You remind the "kids" about the days when we didnt have the internet or mobile phones.

You see all the special effects in films and think its amazing how they can do it now.

You dont like flying anymore.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:08 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Im sure it just happens one night when you are sleeping.All of a sudden you wake up one day and....

You listen to the music on the radio and decide that it is complete shit compared to the stuff when you were younger.

You remind the "kids" about the days when we didnt have the internet or mobile phones.

You see all the special effects in films and think its amazing how they can do it now.

Bloody hell, I'm like that now and I'm not even 30.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Oh well....its all downhill from there!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:30 am

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Good morning MD,

Well I was enjoying the first day of a long overdue holiday yesterday. Got stoned (used to the cannabis of my age group) and after the third joint? I could vaguely remember my 22 year old daughter bending over me smiling "I think I'll borrow both sets of car keys Daddy..." Add to that a few to many glasses of whiskey and yes, woke up thinking that Big Ben was standing next to my bed. Bong... Bong!! Bong!!!! This old hippie is really getting old.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Pffff.... Feel old at 30!?!? You're seriously joking right?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good morning MD,

Well I was enjoying the first day of a long overdue holiday yesterday. Got stoned (used to the cannabis of my age group) and after the third joint? I could vaguely remember my 22 year old daughter bending over me smiling "I think I'll borrow both sets of car keys Daddy..." Add to that a few to many glasses of whiskey and yes, woke up thinking that Big Ben was standing next to my bed. Bong... Bong!! Bong!!!! This old hippie is really getting old.
Do you do the embarrassing "Dad dancing" yet?..you now the one.Think back to when you were 14 and you would watch your parents dancing at a family wedding,and piss yourself laughing...then die because everyone knew you were related to them?!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:51 am

Do you do the embarrassing "Dad dancing" yet?..you now the one.Think back to when you were 14 and you would watch your parents dancing at a family wedding,and piss yourself laughing...then die because everyone knew you were related to them?!
Yeah know the feeling... But to hear my own daughter asking "How does Valhalla look and feel Daddy...". That's fuel enough for some really good Dad verses daughter jokes. Thank god I have this place all to myself at the moment.

Reminds me, I have to book dancing lessons as Dad does have to do the first dance with his daughter on her wedding day. I'm more like an elephant if it comes down to dancing.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

men have to stop dancing the minute their first child is born...it's the law...

MM, xx
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Make me happy girl, make it a universal law!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Make me happy girl, make it a universal law!!!!
oh it is universal...apart from in brazil...

MM, xx
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:55 am

oh it is universal...apart from in brazil...

MM, xx
Errr... As long as it's a damn slow dance I'll manage (somehow)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

the bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to behold

MM, xx
too right, nothing worse than the john travolta dirty dance routine,
out of time, out of tune and that right arm alway's has to go up. WHY?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by the bat
too right, nothing worse than the john travolta dirty dance routine,
out of time, out of tune and that right arm alway's has to go up. WHY?
Pffff.... There are guys that actually try.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

the bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to behold

Pffff.... There are guys that actually try.
I think you mean really trying PMSL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.